Shez shares our pain

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........ I can think of worse places to be other than trapped under Jamelia for a while until the emergency services arrived :grin:

There you go, just thinking of self, self, self! What about the diva-sive headline in the rarely wrong, leading to questions in Parliament and Sepp Blatter sticking in his two penneth. :blink:

He's certainly not sharing my **monthly** pain!!!!

:rant.sml:

Letting TWO strikers out on loan?!?!?!

Cup-tying one of them?!?!?!

Bringing in an unfit/ageing striker on loan?!?!?!

Unexpectedly dropping a perfectly adequate defender for an unknown quantity loanee?!?!?!

Dropping a perfectly adequate defender who goes off to play for his country?!?!?!

Tinkering with a winning strike partnership?!?!?!

Boasting that we have a large/strong squad and being unable to fill a substitute bench and having to use a midfielder as a striker?!?!?!

TINKER TINKER TINKER - we are not Arsenal - have a strategy and stick to it!

:rant.sml:

Why do some many people seem to be having a paddy over Davies being cup-tied? We arent going to win the thing, and to be honest i would much rather we were out of it so we could fully concentrate on getting out of this crap league. If Davies is out on loan with a view to getting his head together and to score goals then Shez's decision seems to make sense to me. As for O'Grady, well fair enough he hasnt been given a real chance here so far, and from the little i saw of him he looks like he just needed a run in a first team.......he wasnt going to be guarenteed that cos Lewi and Hughesy were forming a good partnership in a team that was winning, with Davies being able to play back-up. Neither were scoring or playing particulary well, so send them someone to get a bit of confidence. Good move imo.

I remember reading on here that there were quite a few people who were pleased with Ormerod arriving. Suddenly O'Grady and Davies had been forgotten, and Ormerod and Hughes were going to fire us to promotion by the end of his loan November.....only Brett wasnt fit which was the whole reason he came here. He said he was going to give 100% during his time and everyone was impressed. Only Brett will know if he really did give 100% all the time in every game, or whether he was here for the.....errrr......holiday.

Dropping a perfectly good defender who plays for his country - Yes and who has played a lot of football recently, needing a rest and who's form according to lots has been erratic. Personally apart from his at times woeful distribution I think he has played well, certainly on a par with most players still in their teens. Admittedly he's only playing for Wales but both Shez and Toshack have had enough faith to constantly pick him so you would have thought that maybe they might know a bit more about football talent than us?

Tinkering with a winning strike force. Well every strike force needs a bit of freshening up. While Lewi and Hughes might have been working well and we were winning games, Lewi is still a youngster and while playing a lot of games is important for his development, young players are prone to drastic loss of form. His goals to game ratio before being re-called against Scunny was poor, so you can hardly blame Shez for looking elsewhere to try and bring in more goals. It's common sense!!! And calling (i assume you are talking about Ormerod), he's hardly an unknown quatity!

Boasting we had a large squad.......ok yes we do, but who the hell needs 7 subs on a bench in a cup-tie against. Why is it even a big deal. If you cant select a sub out of the six you have on there already then there is a real problem. As it happened he only used one anyway, so why the big problem? And i think you may find Deano can also play as a striker, so hardly a biggy really. But even though JS only seleted a 6 man bench, had a midfielder up front, dropped a erm....world class international full back.....and being without those Davies and O'Grady, who say many people slag off week after week saying they should just bugger off somewhere else......we still came away with a 2-2 draw and are 7th in the league. Not to bad for someone who has allegedly lost the plot.

However, i will say Shez's decision to axe the reserves in truly baffling, but then i think well perhaps if some players, knowing their injury record played more football, Shez may end up only being able to fill the bench with 5 players for the replay. Some people just really need to get a grip!

Edited by Killens_physio

Well done K_P, I have started a few replies like that only to think whats the point and gone and done something else instead.

I agree with every single word, well apart from the world class bit, I like Eardley but lets just stick to International full back until he does develope in to the finished article.

Guest oa_exile
Yeah i know, but the messageboard doesnt work at my work, so i had to take a day off to post my anguish at some people's complete lack of perspective! If only some of the players gave my dedication we would be promoted by now!

Now that's commitment :grin:

This doesnt surprise me TBH. Think shez could be already on the plank!!!

Blimey, how negative can you get!

No news is good news. Last night the rarely wrong Chron Shez is hoping to wrap up his move for a new signing in the next 48 hours, but it still might not happen as details are yet to be finalised.

We the Leezy's just think certain people are being a bit sychophantic about the players he has let go - we personally try and see the best in all our players and never give em jip bit just strikes me that everyone is now backing the ones we have let go - if he recalls Davies and O Grady and picks Eardo and Lomax, there will people calling them :censored:e again - we appreciate everyone is different - just seems to me like the majority has swung in favour of the outees just to have a pop at Shezza !

Actually, the Leezys, what you probably find is that you can't please all the people all of the time, and the more vocal ones are the ones who disagree with a point, or stance or situation. Hence the saying "the silent majority".

I stand by original post - He still has my support, but I cannot believe that we let Davies go out on loan and get cup tied.

It does seem that the slipper to boot Sheridan up the arse with has been passed to the other side now.

At what point was our top goalscorer from last season knocking them in for us this season. In fact at what point was he not prancing around the pitch like a mardy-arsed loser*?

O'Grady went out for first team football once Ormerod came into the fold - a move rejoiced from the hilltops (the Ormerod one). This is for first team football only (and before anyone adds - this you do not get in reserve football).

Eardley I think was a mistake in my view - but I've not seen anyone on the pitch take as much stick from our "fans" as him since Butcher was at the club. Maybe he feels a break was in order for this if nothing else. To me, if changing things, he should just have stuck Lomax there rather than mess about with Hazell - but he was probably worried about the height and physical side of things that Cheltenham bring to the table and wanted three big lads in the middle come corners/freekicks.

I think Jones is better than Lomax - so that isn't an issue in my eyes. But then again he probably had a bad game at some point so get that stick out.

*It was after he was getting sent off for headbutting someone whilst the ref had hold of his arm.

See above post.

Also, re: Ormerod, I wasn't sure how someone who has failed to impress at this level last season (while with Forest) was going to be our saviour, so certainly wasn't rejoicing anything from any hilltops.

Rick,

I know you rate Davies, and I personally think he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in the Blue, but it seems fairly obvious that CD has burnt his bridges at Oldham. I know Shez doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box but he's not an idiot. He didn't let COG get cup tied but he DID allow CD - for me that means we've likely seen the last of Davies.

Now I've also heard the rumours about certain incidents within the dressing room, and whilst I'm not going to repeat them on here as it does little from a constructive point of view, I did hear them from what I think is a fairly reliable source. Added to his ridiculous sending off at Rochadale and his 'history', I can see why Shez wants him out of the dressing room.

The O'Grady thing has me stumped though.

I am not saying that Shez is an idiot. But I am questioning his man management abilities. It is widely acknowledged that employees with lots of ability are difficult to manage. This is why top managers are so sought after - how do you keep energetic, talented and ambitious players happy to sit on the bench? Stick em in the stiffs and hope they prove you wrong? Score a hatrick? No wonder Stockport want him!!

Which 2 out of Davies, O'Grady, Alles and Smalley do you honestly think would benefit from a loan out to get first team football while having the least impact on our own team while away? I know which I'd pick.

As I said, He still has my support, but I cannot believe that we let Davies go out on loan and get cup tied.

Why do some many people seem to be having a paddy ......blah blah blah

Why do some many people seem to be having a paddy over Davies being cup-tied? Because I'd rather have hm available for us than cup tied or kicked out of the club. We arent going to win the thing, and to be honest i would much rather we were out of it so we could fully concentrate on getting out of this crap league. But we need the money that a cup run brings, and do you not want to be in with a chance of another Everton? If Davies is out on loan with a view to getting his head together and to score goals then Shez's decision seems to make sense to me. This is not what seems to be the case, it seems that he has let him go ut on loan with a view to offloading him - in my opinion, because Shez can't manage him. As for O'Grady, well fair enough he hasnt been given a real chance here so far, and from the little i saw of him he looks like he just needed a run in a first team.......he wasnt going to be guarenteed that cos Lewi and Hughesy were forming a good partnership in a team that was winning, with Davies being able to play back-up. Neither were scoring or playing particulary well, so send them someone to get a bit of confidence. Good move imo.

I remember reading on here that there were quite a few people who were pleased with Ormerod arriving. Certainly not me. Suddenly O'Grady and Davies had been forgotten, and Ormerod and Hughes were going to fire us to promotion by the end of his loan November.....only Brett wasnt fit which was the whole reason he came here. And Hughes has not exactly shown himself to be an example of a player who rarely picks up injuries. The older (or more experienced if you like) a player is, the more suseptible they are to picking up injuries He said he was going to give 100% during his time and everyone was impressed. Only Brett will know if he really did give 100% all the time in every game, or whether he was here for the.....errrr......holiday.

Dropping a perfectly good defender who plays for his country - Yes and who has played a lot of football recently, needing a rest and who's form according to lots has been erratic. Personally apart from his at times woeful distribution (his distribution against Scunthorpe was excellent) I think he has played well, certainly on a par with most players still in their teens. Admittedly he's only playing for Wales but both Shez and Toshack have had enough faith to constantly pick him (but Shez has dropped him?) so you would have thought that maybe they might know a bit more about football talent than us?

Tinkering with a winning strike force. Well every strike force needs a bit of freshening up. Only when it stops working While Lewi and Hughes might have been working well and we were winning games, Lewi is still a youngster and while playing a lot of games is important for his development, young players are prone to drastic loss of form. So send Lewi out on loan where he can play regularly and bag a load of goals - at a lower level for a month His goals to game ratio before being re-called against Scunny was poor, so you can hardly blame Shez for looking elsewhere other than our own bench to try and bring in more goals. It's common sense!!! And calling (i assume you are talking about Ormerod), he's hardly an unknown quatity!

Boasting we had a large squad the club were boasting about this, not us supporters........ok yes we do, but who the hell needs 7 subs on a bench in a cup-tie against. Why is it even a big deal it is good experience for fringe players and every other club uses the rules in their favour. If you cant select a sub out of the six you have on there already then there is a real problem. As it happened he only used one anyway, so why the big problem? And i think you may find Deano can also play as a striker so can I, but it doesn't mean that I am better than Davies and/or O'Grady, so hardly a biggy really. But even though JS only seleted a 6 man bench, had a midfielder up front, dropped a erm....world class international full back your words not mine.....and being without those Davies and O'Grady, who say many people again, not me slag off week after week saying they should just bugger off somewhere else......we still came away with a 2-2 draw against the team with the worst defensive record in our league and are 7th in the league. Not to bad for someone who has allegedly lost the plot.

However, i will say Shez's decision to axe the reserves in truly baffling, but then i think well perhaps if some players, knowing their injury record played more football, Shez may end up only being able to fill the bench with 5 players for the replay. Some people just really need to get a grip! Or go on a man management course

Why do some many people seem to be having a paddy over Davies being cup-tied? Because I'd rather have hm available for us than cup tied or kicked out of the club. We arent going to win the thing, and to be honest i would much rather we were out of it so we could fully concentrate on getting out of this crap league. But we need the money that a cup run brings, and do you not want to be in with a chance of another Everton? If Davies is out on loan with a view to getting his head together and to score goals then Shez's decision seems to make sense to me. This is not what seems to be the case, it seems that he has let him go ut on loan with a view to offloading him - in my opinion, because Shez can't manage him. As for O'Grady, well fair enough he hasnt been given a real chance here so far, and from the little i saw of him he looks like he just needed a run in a first team.......he wasnt going to be guarenteed that cos Lewi and Hughesy were forming a good partnership in a team that was winning, with Davies being able to play back-up. Neither were scoring or playing particulary well, so send them someone to get a bit of confidence. Good move imo.

I remember reading on here that there were quite a few people who were pleased with Ormerod arriving. Certainly not me. Suddenly O'Grady and Davies had been forgotten, and Ormerod and Hughes were going to fire us to promotion by the end of his loan November.....only Brett wasnt fit which was the whole reason he came here. And Hughes has not exactly shown himself to be an example of a player who rarely picks up injuries. The older (or more experienced if you like) a player is, the more suseptible they are to picking up injuries He said he was going to give 100% during his time and everyone was impressed. Only Brett will know if he really did give 100% all the time in every game, or whether he was here for the.....errrr......holiday.

Dropping a perfectly good defender who plays for his country - Yes and who has played a lot of football recently, needing a rest and who's form according to lots has been erratic. Personally apart from his at times woeful distribution (his distribution against Scunthorpe was excellent) I think he has played well, certainly on a par with most players still in their teens. Admittedly he's only playing for Wales but both Shez and Toshack have had enough faith to constantly pick him (but Shez has dropped him?) so you would have thought that maybe they might know a bit more about football talent than us?

Tinkering with a winning strike force. Well every strike force needs a bit of freshening up. Only when it stops working While Lewi and Hughes might have been working well and we were winning games, Lewi is still a youngster and while playing a lot of games is important for his development, young players are prone to drastic loss of form. So send Lewi out on loan where he can play regularly and bag a load of goals - at a lower level for a month His goals to game ratio before being re-called against Scunny was poor, so you can hardly blame Shez for looking elsewhere other than our own bench to try and bring in more goals. It's common sense!!! And calling (i assume you are talking about Ormerod), he's hardly an unknown quatity!

Boasting we had a large squad the club were boasting about this, not us supporters........ok yes we do, but who the hell needs 7 subs on a bench in a cup-tie against. Why is it even a big deal it is good experience for fringe players and every other club uses the rules in their favour. If you cant select a sub out of the six you have on there already then there is a real problem. As it happened he only used one anyway, so why the big problem? And i think you may find Deano can also play as a striker so can I, but it doesn't mean that I am better than Davies and/or O'Grady, so hardly a biggy really. But even though JS only seleted a 6 man bench, had a midfielder up front, dropped a erm....world class international full back your words not mine.....and being without those Davies and O'Grady, who say many people again, not me slag off week after week saying they should just bugger off somewhere else......we still came away with a 2-2 draw against the team with the worst defensive record in our league and are 7th in the league. Not to bad for someone who has allegedly lost the plot.

However, i will say Shez's decision to axe the reserves in truly baffling, but then i think well perhaps if some players, knowing their injury record played more football, Shez may end up only being able to fill the bench with 5 players for the replay. Some people just really need to get a grip! Or go on a man management course

You are of course entitled to your opinion of course but i dont think you picked up on the sarcasm surrounding the Eardley world class international full back comment. My point was that the way some people hound him is as if he already is and shouldnt be making errors.

If Davies is being a nuisance then ship him out and shut the door behind him. Regardless of his so called potential, if he hasnt got the attitude to get his head down and prove Shez (if of course this is the case and he has been disruptive), wrong then frankly i dont want him at the club. I think the fact that he scored his 1st goal since February the other day says it own story. If he bags a few at County and comes back a different player without the alleged stroppyness then Latics potentially have a better player on their hands. If he comes back and scores 15-20 goals then surely it would be a master stroke by Shez.

Shez will get it right and of that i am sure