Football Manager 2009

byrnes boots

Mine started well but then began to have problems. Works all smooth out of game, but then when in game (only on 2d) it began to flash black towards the end of the game then eventually freeze :(

Anybody else have a similar problem?

Running it on an almost new Vista Laptop which is well within spec I can't even make it go beyond the "go to match" screen even in 2d. I've given up. Bloody :censored:e!

Just got it yesterday.

Had an unbeaten pre season but only really played Staly Celtic, City ressies and oddly Dag and Redbridge of any real note.

Won the first game against County, got through against Rotherham in the cup and beat Hereford with ten men for 80 minutes. Damn Smalley and his dissent! Then lost at Peterborough.

It's not running incredibly quick but seems stable enough. Might need more memory I think.

Signed Tomas Cywka, Nicky Law, Stuart Fleetwood and Gabriel Zakouni on season long loans. City offered me Sturridge, Evans and Logan. All knocked me back for foreign sides.

Somehow Kalala ended up at Burnley for 100k and Thommo for 50k at Bradford. Tried for Danny Jones but he wasn't interested at all after I had agreed a fee with Wolves.

I shall get promoted :wink:

Started my second game again yesterday. Sold Lee Hughes to Dundee and Mark Allott to Sheffield Wednesday and used the cash to pick up Ian Morris (Scunthorpe) and Kevin McDonald (Airdrie) in midfield, Gavin Peers (Sligo) and Callum Bissett (Western Mass) in defence, Jordan Rhodes (Ipswich) up front, and Shaleum Logan and Henri Lansbury (Arsenal) on loan. Also have a pre-contract agreement with James Ashmore (Ferencvaros).

Sorted myself out the facepacks and backgrounds. Only took about half hour of downloading and it pretty much sorted itself out. Pleased with the results. Get a background image for each club and all player photos no matter what league they play in. Got the updated patch from the sigames site and the mass injury list has been corrected along with other bugs.

An example of the facepack and backgrounds.

2a0gf2a.jpg

Then an example of another.

2i1jvp5.jpg

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

• 3 weeks later...

This is possibly in the wrong forum but Im putting it in here cause the majority of Latics come in here!

Basically, I have just bought FM2009 and was wondering if anyone fancied joinin in an online game sometime soon - obviously negotiate dates & times at another time. Would be great if we could possibly get about 5 players max.

Iv played online before and its ace, and I will be the host as my database is updated.

Just a thought for now, let me know asap if your up for it.

Il put on updates on here (in the correct room mods dont worry lol)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorted myself out the facepacks and backgrounds. Only took about half hour of downloading and it pretty much sorted itself out. Pleased with the results. Get a background image for each club and all player photos no matter what league they play in. Got the updated patch from the sigames site and the mass injury list has been corrected along with other bugs.

Where do you get the facepacks from? Had a quick look and can't find any on the internet

• 1 month later...

Now exams are finished and the new laptop is well and truely being utilised, thought I'd install FM09!

I've had this version since xmas, and struggled on old desktop and kept freezing.

Bloody fantastic game as always!! Started one with AFC Wimbledon at the bottom, made a couple of season long loans, short term loans and free transfers and I'm starting to break away from the rest at the top :)

15 games in and struggling for form as Latics. Sitting in healthy 7th and unbeaten in 7 now but can't get the balance of scoring and not conceeding.

Fallen back on a counter attacking 532 with attacking wingbacks. Got Ethuh from Citeh for free and paying nothing to his wages on loan and despite his stats and being worth 3 million was gash so I sent him back. Eards in center-mid and tayls on the right is destructive but too weak at the back for that so changed it.

Greegs has had 8 yellow cards in 11 games!!

Good game though.

15 games in and struggling for form as Latics. Sitting in healthy 7th and unbeaten in 7 now but can't get the balance of scoring and not conceeding.

Fallen back on a counter attacking 532 with attacking wingbacks. Got Ethuh from Citeh for free and paying nothing to his wages on loan and despite his stats and being worth 3 million was gash so I sent him back. Eards in center-mid and tayls on the right is destructive but too weak at the back for that so changed it.

Greegs has had 8 yellow cards in 11 games!!

Good game though.

AFC Wimbledon in mine. Got through first season as champions and now starting out the second season. About 10 games in and 6th at the moment. Hopefully can keep going for a second consecutive promotion :wink:

AFC Wimbledon in mine. Got through first season as champions and now starting out the second season. About 10 games in and 6th at the moment. Hopefully can keep going for a second consecutive promotion :wink:

I always start out as Latics, as then I can at least make some decisions based on instinct - knowledge of players and what not - but I was thinking AFC would be my 'project' once I know my way around the game.

I always start out as Latics, as then I can at least make some decisions based on instinct - knowledge of players and what not - but I was thinking AFC would be my 'project' once I know my way around the game.

Well thats what I did. I completed initially about half a season with Latics to get a grasp of new game. Loving the game with AFC though. But as a minimum, you need to get them up. You'll then get Bury and Bournemouth sniffing around you.

I prefer starting out in the lowest league possible and working my way up. If good club offers come along I take them etc, but I think I might stick it out with AFC as I have a good chance of getting them in the football league :)

Start unemployed. Holiday until Christmas. Holiday again, but apply for all jobs. Take first one offered to you.

The only way to play.

Yeah I have done it like that too on the last one. Enjoyed it. Ended up with Lancaster in January :)

I started at Hinckley on FM 2006. I had Chris Howarth in goal - he was labelled the next Paul Robinson :D

Had a couple of games on FM 2007. The most recent (and still ongoing) one saw me get a job at Real Valladolid in Liga BBVA. Turned them into a quality side now - I've got Alexandre Pato and Carlos Vela up front. Goal machines.

Can't remember who I started with on FM 2008. Might have been Lanus in Argentina. Diego Lagos was my star player.

Need a new laptop before I get FM 2009. This old thing won't handle it.

I started at Hinckley on FM 2006. I had Chris Howarth in goal - he was labelled the next Paul Robinson :D

Had a couple of games on FM 2007. The most recent (and still ongoing) one saw me get a job at Real Valladolid in Liga BBVA. Turned them into a quality side now - I've got Alexandre Pato and Carlos Vela up front. Goal machines.

Can't remember who I started with on FM 2008. Might have been Lanus in Argentina. Diego Lagos was my star player.

Need a new laptop before I get FM 2009. This old thing won't handle it.

Does anybody fancy arranging an FM2009 online game? Im looking 4 about 5 players including me maximum!!

If your up for it then pm me asap, im actually tryin to get one sorted 2nite.