Substitutions

A good result in the end last night,just!But why didn`t Shez shake things up earlier in the second half with a change in central midfield?To me,it was glaringly obvious we needed a bit more energy & urgency in the middle of the park as we were reduced to our defence lumping long balls up front & our two central midfielders passing the ball sideways or backwards with a distinct lack of movement from the two.At 2-2 we should have been looking to take the game to Walsall with more purpose,espec in midfield.IMO Shez could`ve brought either Whits or Lee on for Maher 10-15 mins sooner to give us that extra drive going forward.

Anyways,a wins a win,and the highlight for me was Jones` two excellent assists for Hughesy.Would`ve been nice for the lad if he`d have scored from that chance he had in the second half after linking up well with Taylor.

A good result in the end last night,just!But why didn`t Shez shake things up earlier in the second half with a change in central midfield?To me,it was glaringly obvious we needed a bit more energy & urgency in the middle of the park as we were reduced to our defence lumping long balls up front & our two central midfielders passing the ball sideways or backwards with a distinct lack of movement from the two.At 2-2 we should have been looking to take the game to Walsall with more purpose,espec in midfield.IMO Shez could`ve brought either Whits or Lee on for Maher 10-15 mins sooner to give us that extra drive going forward.

Anyways,a wins a win,and the highlight for me was Jones` two excellent assists for Hughesy.Would`ve been nice for the lad if he`d have scored from that chance he had in the second half after linking up well with Taylor.

Often seems that Shez changes things later than he should - but it worked out fine in the end. I just wonder if he would be better off sitting next to me - then he might benefit from my view (and viewing) point :D

Often seems that Shez changes things later than he should - but it worked out fine in the end. I just wonder if he would be better off sitting next to me - then he might benefit from my view (and viewing) point :D

The one substitution he did get wrong was not to make one in the 91st minute. Lomax or Liddel over on the far touch line take 30 seconds to walk off.

dnt disagree a sub was needed .... but why was it maher as opposed to allott

dnt disagree a sub was needed .... but why was it maher as opposed to allott

I think Allott gives slightly more than Maher going forward,hence Kev was the one that was sacrificed when we`re looking to get a winner.Just think it was another case of dithering from the management team when they could`ve been more positive 10-15 mins earlier when the game was at a lull.

Goals, unless followed by excessive celebrations, do not result in added time as far as I recall. They are part and parcel of the game and always have been, so they are part of the standard 90 minutes.

Substitutions were not part of the game, and when introduced they took time out of the allotted 90 minutes. Hence add time on for them - think the 30 seconds per sub guidance was brought in because of slow walks off and 90th minute subs to waste time.

Excessive time-wasting / injuries etc also add to the time as well.

I take my hat off to the old boy sat behind me in the Main Stand Lower! He'd been shouting at Shez for 10 to 15 minutes, telling him to get Whittaker on for Maher and O'Grady on for Byfield! Shez turned round to the crowd and gave the old boy a gob full back, although within 2 minutes made both changes as suggested and, as they say, the rest is history.....

You Gramps are a tactical genius....