Latics shamed by fans' behaviour

See if you look at the list of banning orders (in total) for a club our size we have quite a good record, (compare our 10 with Millwall's 117, or Luton's 33)-I know we had loads lifted at Port Vale. You will always get the odd one or two who get arrested (I wouldn't mind betting that nothing came of a proportion of our arrests) and that some of these arrests are only because the law is different for football than general populace (e.g. in terms of drinking). We only had 1 more arrest this year than last year which is not a significant increase (we played more games due to the cup for starters). If everyone's public liberties were reduced by as much on a Saturday as the average football fans' were then there would be uproar. I'm pleased to note that even given our troubled past in terms of racial relations that not one Oldham fan was arrested for racial abuse and I think we had one last year. I wonder if these stats had been around in the 60s/70s/80s just how different they would be and that despite being treated worse than :censored: the general behaviour has improved, but yet we are still treated so appallingly.

I also notice that although the Chron decide to print this article in such a way that it reflects badly on the club (especially considering how mild it is in comparison) they have a big advert for Trust Oldham. This is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of the 'special relationship' between the club and the Chron as the Chron only supports Oldham when it suits them- so when they might gain extra readers.

I found it quite funny that Page 3 is all about 18 arrests in 10 months shames Latics, but on Page 15 there is a story about 15 arrests in car crime action day.

Seems to me like the Police and DVLA are shaming the people of Oldham/England, every Tax Payer and every legal driver on a daily basis - except the special "car crime action day" of course.

This will prob double due to the trouble which happened with Huddersfield fans durning the game in Oldham Town Centre I belive 9have been arrested looking at 12mths each and long term bans

Also 3 have been banned from trouble at tranmere and 1 from Burnley

This will prob double due to the trouble which happened with Huddersfield fans durning the game in Oldham Town Centre I belive 9have been arrested looking at 12mths each and long term bans

Also 3 have been banned from trouble at tranmere and 1 from Burnley

No loss really is it....

At least one of them was wrongful !!!!!! where were the rarely wrong when the publicity about Latics Lee was needed ... thats right ... nowhere! .. rant over !!

how dare you mr sideburns sir put latics fans and positive in the same sentence, with the MAJORITY of Posts on this site, them people should get a grip on reality, and if the support is being questioned then rightly so,

Edited by neiladamsheadband

Gone a bit quiet, that. Surely the aren't saying they couldn't identify anyone that get away on the day?

I gave an unmissable description of one assailant to stewards on the night, and the same thug is clearly shown on the video that was posted on here - open and shut case!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I gave an unmissable description of one assailant to stewards on the night, and the same thug is clearly shown on the video that was posted on here - open and shut case!

watch what you say appartently they were 'asking for it for being in the home end' according to oafc0000, working on that basis we should of given that Rochdale fan a kickin the other week.

where's everyone got the opinion from, that Port Vale was a game where everyone had just got off banning orders?

Edited by dish

watch what you say appartently they were 'asking for it for being in the home end' according to oafc0000, working on that basis we should of given that Rochdale fan a kickin the other week.

where's everyone got the opinion from, that Port Vale was a game where everyone had just got off banning orders?

I think the first clue was the hard looking coked up blokes in their 40s and 50s, who people couldn't remember having seen for a while, talking loadly about their banning orders having expired in between singing racist songs.

I think the first clue was the hard looking coked up blokes in their 40s and 50s, who people couldn't remember having seen for a while, talking loadly about their banning orders having expired in between singing racist songs.

is this the stuff you drink or snort and did you actually see them drink or snort it or is this what you've just heard again?

is this the stuff you drink or snort and did you actually see them drink or snort it or is this what you've just heard again?

If I was wrong, I was wrong, I don't suppose they are fragile guys who would cry into their pillows over it. Some looked distinctly that way to me. There was obviously a party mood going on amongst them anyway, more to the point of the original question.

If I was wrong, I was wrong, I don't suppose they are fragile guys who would cry into their pillows over it. Some looked distinctly that way to me. There was obviously a party mood going on amongst them anyway, more to the point of the original question.

Must have been Red Coke - always sends my lad a bit "giddy".

Thanks D_S

Missed it first time around - doesn't make very comfortable viewing. I am surprised that this issue has not had more oxygen at an official level. Seems like a complete and utter cock up by SCFC and GMP.

This was the last we heard on the subject.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...soccer-fighters