I want

footy68

Not quite what you are looking for but the offer by BT, the BT Vision ain't bad, it is freeview with a free bells and whistles, pause, rewind and record live telly, you can set it to series record stuff and can record 2 things at once.

Plus you get access to quite a lot of free other programmes, does enough for me. There is a hdmi out on the back but as yet no freeview channels are broadcast in HD.

Not sure if it's HD ready, mind.

See that's where I'm puzzled. I've read good and bad reviews about those, but no supplier or manufacturer will properly state if their boxes are actual HD boxes.....or I'm just a little gormless.

See that's where I'm puzzled. I've read good and bad reviews about those, but no supplier or manufacturer will properly state if their boxes are actual HD boxes.....or I'm just a little gormless.

there is/was (a few weeks back!) a sharp one in costco for around about 90 notes.... (That's assuming you can handle that name staring back at you every time you watch the goggle box!)

it's got a 160 hard drive, built in freeview. twin tuner etc but not sure about the HD ??

Edited by thetramdriver

there is/was (a few weeks back!) a sharp one in costco for around about 90 notes.... (That's assuming you can handle that name staring back at you every time you watch the goggle box!)

it's got a 160 hard drive, built in freeview. twin tuner etc but not sure about the HD ??

I have never bought a Sharp product for that very reason.