FA Cup

So Cheltenham defeat was a let down at the time but looking today at what wold have happened if we'd got through. Well a wasted game which would require a second night time journey in a few days/week and perhaps a replay after that.

Our League rivals?

MK Dons, like us - out at R1.

But Stockport and P'boro are going to have to fit in a replay.

Scunthorpe / Leicester / Millwall are going to have to postpone league games on the 3rd January to be fitted in later.

Leeds yet to play.

Of course if Chelt/Morcombe pull Chelsea away out we'll be a bit sick, but to be honest us out and most of the others battling away is good news.

Still pissed off about it all...nothing makes up for it even tho it was abandoned. Only would've been an hourish for us travelwise. Only thing I might be slightly happier over is if they pull someone like Burnley/Doncaster or say Bournemouth (if they win their replay)...etc...where there's a real chance of us having struggled to have got through.

Fuel and food is not cheap. Even if the eventual winners get Chelsea, it doesn't mean we would have, taking into account the Latics effect of drawing a crap team/bogey team etc. Anyway, would we have had the same ball number allocated to us as Cheltenham or Morecambe?

Just asking (before I get bombarded with flak for not knowing). :grin:

Fuel and food is not cheap. Even if the eventual winners get Chelsea, it doesn't mean we would have, taking into account the Latics effect of drawing a crap team/bogey team etc. Anyway, would we have had the same ball number allocated to us as Cheltenham or Morecambe?

Just asking (before I get bombarded with flak for not knowing). :grin:

Yep we would i think.

Well, whoever wins have Donny at home, and tbh im quite glad were out of the cup. Had a nice 10 day rest, weve got Hudds away on a saturday and we dont have to play any re-arranged games etc ... happy days!

Still pissed off about it all...nothing makes up for it even tho it was abandoned. Only would've been an hourish for us travelwise. Only thing I might be slightly happier over is if they pull someone like Burnley/Doncaster or say Bournemouth (if they win their replay)...etc...where there's a real chance of us having struggled to have got through.

......... you got your wish then :grin:

Guest oa_exile
at least if we,d stayed in any of the cups it would have given the fringe players a few games but hey ho it wasnt to be

IF we had stayed in the reserves league that would have also given the fringe players a few more games and also brought a few of the yoof along as well but as you say "Hey Ho" cant turn the clock back :)

Hope the bring the Ressies back next season , lesson learnt :wink:

Guest oa_exile
exile its economics we cant afford it im afraid mate

I understand that fully but I think it's a false economy measure what has come back and bitten us on the arse.

As I said discussed before (to death) big squad sitting around doing nowt from week to week.