Greedy League: Cost of a pint

At least if the City fan hands over his £3.50 he gets what he pays for (maybe 10 ml short, but close enough).

I'm showing concern over my LibDem council and its council tax. Hand over money to them and you have no idea if you'll get what you pay for.

Dear Nigel Beard'n'Sandals.

I hand over a large amount of money every month for local services.

Is it beyond the abilities of those employed by your council to check the weather forecast on a cold evening and get the bloody gritters out before the ice forms and the snow drops?

Just a thought that I may have paid good money to get the local roads gritted and some plonker forgot to do it.

Yours.

O4u

Edited by opinions4u

Bah, that's nowt. How much were they at Colchester? Was it £2.50 for the equivelant of a half? That's five quid a pint.

My local charges more than United.

I would have suggested you change your local but then again my local pub, (nevermind the 'trendy' bars which are closer) charges roughly the same price as PLC. Colchester, nevermind Colchester, what about Everton where the price must have been about £4.50 for a pint of beer which was that horrible Chang stuff which you had to pour yourself out of cans. Football clubs will rip people off because like motorway services they know they have a captive audience with no where else to go. Just be thankful that great Oldham supporting institution the Chron was having a go for the average City fan as the prices at BP are fairly reasonable in comparison.

I would have suggested you change your local but then again my local pub, (nevermind the 'trendy' bars which are closer) charges roughly the same price as PLC. Colchester, nevermind Colchester, what about Everton where the price must have been about £4.50 for a pint of beer which was that horrible Chang stuff which you had to pour yourself out of cans. Football clubs will rip people off because like motorway services they know they have a captive audience with no where else to go. Just be thankful that great Oldham supporting institution the Chron was having a go for the average City fan as the prices at BP are fairly reasonable in comparison.

Chang is lovely stuff. However, I wouldn't pay 4.50 for it. It's B35(about 50p) at my local shop. I'm just about to open a bottle now :)

Chang is lovely stuff. However, I wouldn't pay 4.50 for it. It's B35(about 50p) at my local shop. I'm just about to open a bottle now :)

The Chang they serve in Thailand might be quite nice (and this may have something to do with the rather warmer climate) but the Chang they served at Goodison wasn't, you don't always export your best beer.

The chance to spend whatever a pint costs at BP without missing 10 minutes of the match would be a fine thing. How much money do they lose by not having a couple of Duffmen walking around behind the RRE selling bottles?

Are they allowed to do this by law? As I know the no beer served during the game is a legal thing does this beer also have to come from a kiosk/bar. Plus even if the club/caterers were allowed to do this you wouldn't be able to buy a beer during the game due to the rules they only seem to apply to football. I would agree though I would be happy to pay a little bit more if it meant I didn't have to queue as much to get a half-time drink.

The Chang they serve in Thailand might be quite nice (and this may have something to do with the rather warmer climate) but the Chang they served at Goodison wasn't, you don't always export your best beer.

Good point. I'll check with my friend. He's an Everton season ticket holder and a regular visitor to Thailand.

This just in from our Goodison correspondent.

I prefer the Chang I can buy in Thailand. And the reason's are:

(1) Pints of Chang at Goodison are served in 1 pint plastic containers. Beer never tastes the same out of a pint plastic container.

(2)In Thailand there is nowt better than sitting in a bar and drinking a cold Chang beer straight from the bottle. A bottle kept cool in it's own condom(sleeve).

(3) And there's something about drinking Thai beer in Thailand surrounded by the local sights, sounds and smells. The beer just tastes so much better.

All of which adds more weight to rudemedic's argument :) And, I've only got another 3 hours or so before I can relax with a cold Chang of my own :) :)

Edited by ThaiLatic