Blades after £500k Taylor - Latics want £700k

So we're saying that Taylor is on less than £40K at Latics if we take the tax braket into consideration.......... so because he's a fan of the club maybe doubling his wages to put him on a par with Hughes et al and still not break the bank would be an option to get him to stay. It would still be less than Sheff Utd probably but it might just do it..........

That will certainly come into play

So he currently earns somewhere short of the £40kish mark based on assumptions within your statement.

To be honest, being pushed over a tax threshold still make you better off. 41% of income over whatever the threshold is still gets taxed/insured ... so every £10k over that threshold will make him £5,900 a year better off.

The question for Chris Taylor is how much would become an irresistable amount?

(Latics could be arsey and choose not to play him if he turns down a move, which, if appearance money is a key part of his existing contract, could reduce his earning potential if he declined a transfer out).

TBH there's no doubt his next contract will take him way over the £37,400 bracket anyway (no matter who he's with) I think the more valid point he was making is that Chris gets a further £400 per match appearance money plus other bonuses, which need to be factored into any financial decisions, particularly bearing in mind that he will also be getting taxed at double what he is paying currently.

We can only hope TTA can make it worthwhile staying.

While the tax thing gives us a nice insight to his earnings (assuming it's accurate) when you factor in national insurance the jump in tax is effectively 31% to 41%, so not a significant part of any final decision.

Getting the right package from the right club is what it boils down to.

Hope that's Latics.

While the tax thing gives us a nice insight to his earnings (assuming it's accurate) when you factor in national insurance the jump in tax is effectively 31% to 41%, so not a significant part of any final decision.

Getting the right package from the right club is what it boils down to.

Hope that's Latics.

I just hope we offer Taylor the best deal we can. Hes worth his weight in gold mostly because hes a local lad with genuine affection for the club.

As much as i rate say Hughes theres nothing about him to me that suggests he wouldn't chase the Yankee dollar at another club

(Latics could be arsey and choose not to play him if he turns down a move, which, if appearance money is a key part of his existing contract, could reduce his earning potential if he declined a transfer out).

That wouldn't be arsey, it'll be suicidal. Personally i think if Taylor goes we can forget about promotion so whatever bids are put in it wouldn't be worth selling.

Am I the only one that really doubts that Chris Taylor is earning less than the 40% tax bracket? I'd have thought he'd be on at least £1,000 a week (a low figure compared to other rumoured salaries in the past) before appearance bonuses etc...

Being aware of how much his take home is, compared to his base salary is a fair comment though. E.g. Basic at Latics of £50k, plus £30k appearance/goal bonus etc Vs a basic of £65k at a championship club could mean a drop in wages.

If he is currently earning less than the 40% bracket, then we have heard (and in part believed) some right old cock and bull stories about wages of £5,000 a week over the recent past.

Am I the only one that really doubts that Chris Taylor is earning less than the 40% tax bracket? I'd have thought he'd be on at least £1,000 a week (a low figure compared to other rumoured salaries in the past) before appearance bonuses etc...

Being aware of how much his take home is, compared to his base salary is a fair comment though. E.g. Basic at Latics of £50k, plus £30k appearance/goal bonus etc Vs a basic of £65k at a championship club could mean a drop in wages.

If he is currently earning less than the 40% bracket, then we have heard (and in part believed) some right old cock and bull stories about wages of £5,000 a week over the recent past.

:unsure:

Not a chance Taylor won't be on more than £40k a year. I would imagine he became one of our highest earners when he signed his last contract.