zigga zagga

anybody see the news last night about the russian skin heads??

i was half asleep tho so its possible i might of heard it wrong

.... there has been alot of racism going on in russia recently and they shown a march/protest in which they were singing ZIGGA ZAGGA ZIGGA ZAGGA BLAH BLAH BLAH the REST WAS IN RUSSIAN... but what does the zigga zagga bit stand for??? :unsure:

After MarkOasis's near run in with the law at leeds when they thought he was singing "Zieg heil Zeig Heil Zieg heil Athletic"... I might take a punt that the racist skinheads might actually have been singing this....

No, it was Zigga Zagga!!

Don't know what the connection is, but while Googling I found this - WARNING contains a snake:

No, it was Zigga Zagga!!

Don't know what the connection is, but while Googling I found this - WARNING contains a snake:

... and rottweilers!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H0MpS5Ax8&...feature=related

...and Guns!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_IiyaO9rBEE&...feature=related

This Zigga Zagga stuff really is dangerous!

"This'll sound a bit like the Hovis advert but whatever....

Back in the mists of time there was an old boy who used to chant "Zigger-zagger, zigger-zagger Alt-rin-cham"

I was a nipper at the time and it seemed like a magical incantation. In my memory (possibly not in reality) he used to pipe up a just tje right time when the game had gone a bit flat and the crowd were getting nervous and all of a sudden the crowd would be up and start singing again."

See it's all in the timing :grin:

My understand of our song was that it came from a group of lads called the Zigga Zagga Boys who used to lead the singing in The Chaddy in the 50's and 60's. Maybe one of our more senior poster's could help out?.............

In the Chaddy back in those days it used to go like this

Leader: ZIGGA ZAGGA, ZIGGA ZAGGA

Crowd: Oi! Oi! Oi!

Leader: ZIGGA ZAGGA

Crowd: ZIGGA ZAGGA

It comes from a play i think about racism in football or something, the original Zigga Zagga chant. I think the original chant it is adapted from was racist but obviously the versions above are not. I did some work on football chants for an A level English Language project but that was quite a long time ago and have forgotten most of it now.

There was a Welsh simger/comedian who used to start his act with Oggy, Oggy, Oggy and the audience responded with Oi! Oi! Oi! It was used at Welsh rugby international matches, and I always thought they had pinched adapted our Zigga Zagga chant.

Anyway, this is the origin of the Oggy chant.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-ne...-name_page.html

There was an old play on Television back in the Mid-70's about some football fans called Zigger Zagger.

From wiki..wiki...wiki

Peter Terson, born Peter Patterson, February 16th, 1932 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, is a British playwright whose plays have been produced for stage, television and radio. His early work in the 1960s focused on growing up in the dead-end working-class culture of industrial England. Plays such as Zigger Zagger, about soccer hooligans and their pursuit of drink, sex, and trouble, and The Apprentices, showing the cruelties between young men learning industrial trades, presented a dismal view of life with few means of escape. Ironically in Zigger Zagger an apprenticeship was the escape from the hooligan lifestyle.

5195KCHCHBL_SS500_.jpg

Zigger Zagger is the tale of Harry Philton and his struggle about whether to follow Zigger Zagger and his band of football hooligans or lead a settled down life like Deigo.

That's what happens when copying Andy, the Chaddy End chanter, who pronounces it Zeeega Zagga! :D

Apparently, it originated when a few Public Schoolboys from Chadderton went to the Olympics (don't know when or where). They came back and started singing Zigga Zagga, Zigga Zagga as they had adapted it from some aparently German chant.

This is of course true and was even discussed with Mr Mike Parry on TalkSport a few months ago.

In the Chaddy back in those days it used to go like this

i think the leader was chubb , he could shout very loud