Eardley again - Eardley to brizzle £1m shocker

He's really not that bad.

If he's as bad as people are saying he must know many secrets about Sheridan and Toshack for them to keep playing him. Add Gary Johnson to the mix for even daring to show an interest in him. Christ, even Philliskirk must feel a fool eh.

They're no mugs, they know a capable player.

Remember the days of Hotte, Prenderville, McNiven, P. Jones? They were always going to bring a fortune in weren't they....

Be grateful we even have a defender which we can class as worth selling at all.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im sure your in constant contact with your girlfriends dads mate. and Steve Wigley he was a great manager wasn't he hahah. Also heard they're looking at Ricky Lambert

No, but I am in constant contact with my girlfriends dad, who, believe it or not, speaks to his friend!!!!!

Back to Eardley, name five goals he has been responsible for us conceding, and I will give you five goals he is responsible for us scoring.

No, but I am in constant contact with my girlfriends dad, who, believe it or not, speaks to his friend!!!!!

Back to Eardley, name five goals he has been responsible for us conceding, and I will give you five goals he is responsible for us scoring.

Not really gonna go trawling through the archive, but dont think it would take too long, i dont doubt he has contributed in us scoring goals, although im sure he hasnt done anything extra ordinary to create a goal, one decent thing i do remember is the cross at tranmere but thats one good cross, usually they just end up in row Z.

When it comes to Eardley I don't understand how people can say he is gash. Yet the same people say that Lomax is a good player.

Eardley is twice the player Lomax will ever be. I think the fact that these rumours exist prove that.

Could you imagine a thread on here, 'Lomax £1million to wherever'. I couldnt imagine him being rumoured to be worth 50 grand. I am not trying to slag off Lomax, he does a job, but thats it. At Crewe he was absolutely awful first half, he may aswell not have even been there, yet I heard no body

slagging him off. Second half Eardley was outstanding, great tackles and good going forward but he doesn't get any praise for it.

People like Preston Latic just see what they want to see and clearly aren't capable of logical thinking

Not really gonna go trawling through the archive, but dont think it would take too long, i dont doubt he has contributed in us scoring goals, although im sure he hasnt done anything extra ordinary to create a goal, one decent thing i do remember is the cross at tranmere but thats one good cross, usually they just end up in row Z.

One good cross? What about his cross for Lewi v Scunthorpe, his cross for Hughes v Cheltenham? His part in the well worked free kick v Milwall. His two individual goals against Crewe last season? His individual performance v Bournemouth last season, in which he only failed to get a hat rick by hitting the inside of the post.

What about him marking Steven Piennar, James McFadden and Geovanni out of games over the last year, all Premier League players.

He's only good enough for Unibond Premier you say?

Edited by Ohh Johnny Eyre

One good cross? What about his cross for Lewi v Scunthorpe, his cross for Hughes v Cheltenham? His part in the well worked free kick v Milwall. His two individual goals against Crewe last season? His individual performance v Bournemouth last season, in which he only failed to get a hat rick by hitting the inside of the post.

What about him marking Adam Johnson, Steven Piennar, James McFadden and Geovanni out of games over the last year, all Premier League players.

He's only good enough for Unibond Premier you say?

He had a mare against England ( both legs ) got skinned all night long i seem to recall. As for marking Johnson out of the game, isnt it the same johnson who left eardley on his arse before scoring, or am i mistaken ?

4 assists to Liddell's 5.

Does it have to be incredible if he sets one up. Primarily he is a defender. One of the defenders who has helped us keep 9 clean sheets this season.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

What about him marking Adam Johnson, Steven Piennar, James McFadden and Geovanni out of games over the last year, all Premier League players.

Not to piss on any chips in the argument as I agree with what you are saying, but he also got absolutely done by Johnson on two out of the three times they played each other.

...and I'm very late with this it appears.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

You are yet to follow up your belief that Eardley is "garbage" with evidence.

You are yet to show evidence he is anything else. We will see how much people are prepared to buy him fp. The fact that we are prepared to sell him shows he cant be that valuable. I dont know about the Everton game cant really remember it, dont remember Eardley standing out though, he probably has kept a few players quiet, but i also remember him getting dicked on by Martin first game of this season.

You are yet to show evidence he is anything else. We will see how much people are prepared to buy him fp. The fact that we are prepared to sell him shows he cant be that valuable. I dont know about the Everton game cant really remember it, dont remember Eardley standing out though, he probably has kept a few players quiet, but i also remember him getting dicked on by Martin first game of this season.

Can't remember the Everton game? It was the one where they started with Piennar (an International) on the left, he was getting no joy out of Eardley, so they moved McFadden (another International) onto him, where he also got no joy.

You say I've shown no evidence, I have given numerous examples of good performances he has made.

Where does it say that we are prepared to sell him? There is no statement to that effect from the club is there? Has he been transfer listed? No he hasn't has he? Have any bids been made for him? If there are they haven't been made public have they?

Basically you cannot back that statement up, simply because there is no evidence for it.

The fact is that NE is under contract to OAFC and the Managing Director, Simon Corney has recently come out (no not in that sense) and stated the club do not want to lose any of their better players during the January window. The fact remains however, that Eardley. like Hughes, could go for 1 of a number of reasons. We now all know that LH has a clause in his contract, what we don't know is does NE have a similar clause. If, and at the moment it is only pure specualtion, Bristol City put in a bid of £500k/£750K/£1mK, then TTA will consider it just like they would if such a bid came in for any of our other league 1 players.

With regard to your comment about Eardley in the Everton game, you say that you can't remember him standing out. So does that mean that they were all gash that day or that they were all excellant, as for me, I couldn't pick out 1 player who was better or worse than any other.

Finally, you have been challenged several times to back up your claim that NE is gash and have consistently failed to do so. I suggest that you either put up or shut up on the subject. Whilst I respect your right to have the opinion that NE, or any other player for that matter is "gash" I personally disagree with you and without back up for your statement am finding it hard to give respect to the opinion, though as i said not the right to have that opinion.

Cheers,

Harry

Where does it say that we are prepared to sell him? There is no statement to that effect from the club is there? Has he been transfer listed? No he hasn't has he? Have any bids been made for him? If there are they haven't been made public have they?

Basically you cannot back that statement up, simply because there is no evidence for it.

The fact is that NE is under contract to OAFC and the Managing Director, Simon Corney has recently come out (no not in that sense) and stated the club do not want to lose any of their better players during the January window. The fact remains however, that Eardley. like Hughes, could go for 1 of a number of reasons. We now all know that LH has a clause in his contract, what we don't know is does NE have a similar clause. If, and at the moment it is only pure specualtion, Bristol City put in a bid of £500k/£750K/£1mK, then TTA will consider it just like they would if such a bid came in for any of our other league 1 players.

With regard to your comment about Eardley in the Everton game, you say that you can't remember him standing out. So does that mean that they were all gash that day or that they were all excellant, as for me, I couldn't pick out 1 player who was better or worse than any other.

Finally, you have been challenged several times to back up your claim that NE is gash and have consistently failed to do so. I suggest that you either put up or shut up on the subject. Whilst I respect your right to have the opinion that NE, or any other player for that matter is "gash" I personally disagree with you and without back up for your statement am finding it hard to give respect to the opinion, though as i said not the right to have that opinion.

Cheers,

Harry

Everyone at Everton played well, so cant really single out eards. Ive named an occasion where he had a stinker and you have named a game where he played well, but in that game the whole team did well. Who would we rather sell Eards, Tayls or Hughes and 99% of tics would say Eardley, he is nowhere near the quality of either of them 2. Dont know why you keep banging on about me not backing up my argument, i have named an occasion when was given a chance to show what he has on a big stage and got shown up for being the league 1 standard that he is.

Everyone at Everton played well, so cant really single out eards. Ive named an occasion where he had a stinker and you have named a game where he played well, but in that game the whole team did well. Who would we rather sell Eards, Tayls or Hughes and 99% of tics would say Eardley, he is nowhere near the quality of either of them 2. Dont know why you keep banging on about me not backing up my argument, i have named an occasion when was given a chance to show what he has on a big stage and got shown up for being the league 1 standard that he is.

No, you actually stated that he was "gash." That is the point that other posters have been making. You make reference to 1 match. Well in all honstey you can make out a case for calling everyone of our players over the last decade gash if that is your criteria. Anyway, back to the point. You have been given the chance to back up your claim and have provided an inadequate response.

With regards to your question who would we rather sell, that is as you suggest a no brainer. Lee Hughes for £400k or NE for £1m. A striker who is capable of 25-30 goals a season or a full back whose transfer fee will pay our losses for 18 months.

In terms of the Everton game, I said that the whole team played well. I can think of several instances where I could claim that, like Leeds away as an easy example and several instances over the years where you could say the whole team were, in your words, gash. It just seems to me and a number of other posters that you have singled Eardley out for stick and we can't see your justification for it, especially if, and as has been said its only specualtion, Bristol City are prepared to pay big bucks for him and several managers including Toshack (alright i know he's Welsh) have consistently picked him.

Cheers,

Harry

With regards to your question who would we rather sell, that is as you suggest a no brainer. Lee Hughes for £400k or NE for £1m. A striker who is capable of 25-30 goals a season or a full back whose transfer fee will pay our losses for 18 months.

To clarify for you Preston that doesn't mean that I would sell NE for any other reason than the fact a transfer fee of £1m for a league 1 full back has got to be good value and in the best interests of the club.

If the transfer fee didn't reflect good value and a chance too good to miss, then i wouldn't sell him, nor do i think that the manager or TTA would sell, because I rate him and more importantly, I believe the manager rates him.

Cheers,

Harry

To clarify for you Preston that doesn't mean that I would sell NE for any other reason than the fact a transfer fee of £1m for a league 1 full back has got to be good value and in the best interests of the club.

If the transfer fee didn't reflect good value and a chance too good to miss, then i wouldn't sell him, nor do i think that the manager or TTA would sell, because I rate him and more importantly, I believe the manager rates him.

Cheers,

Harry

Are you Eardleys mum ?