Finally going to get to see Maher and Whits play together

What ? people want Allott dropped now ?

Along with Rubes, Taylor & hughes they have carried us this year

Who said anyone wanted Allot dropped? I said its a good chance to see how Whits and Maher play together seeing as Allot is banned!

What ? people want Allott dropped now ?

Along with Rubes, Taylor & hughes they have carried us this year

No, he's suspended.

Allott was having a poor season until the last few games, when he's improved immensely.

But there should be no sacred cows here. The midfield isn't working as it should, so playing Maher ahead of Allott shouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility.

Oh dear ! not for much longer

i would leave whittacker on the bench...has warranted a starting place for weeks now...

id chnage it and go for the outrageous,nobody will be expecting it...lee as left back....lomax right back eardly right midfield maher n stephens in middle taylor on the left hughes n davies up front.... byfield smalley lewis whittacker subs....

or if ya want experience use liddell in the middle with maher....cant do any worse than whittacker can he.

I'd put Lee and Maher in the centre.

And Alessandra and Hughes up front.

And Smalley on the right.

Exactly what I want, but it isn't going to happen. Liddell will be on the right ahead of Smalley, Davies will be up front ahead of Lewi and Whitts will be ahead of Lee for centre midfield. Only one who could be arguably worthy of his spot is Davies because of his good form at Stockport and his cameo at Huddersfield but still not what we really need in my opinion. I won't be disappointed to see Davies up front but he isn't my first choice while we have the attack so disjointed from the midfield like we have had for the past few weeks.

i would leave whittacker on the bench...has warranted a starting place for weeks now...

id chnage it and go for the outrageous,nobody will be expecting it...lee as left back....lomax right back eardly right midfield maher n stephens in middle taylor on the left hughes n davies up front.... byfield smalley lewis whittacker subs....

or if ya want experience use liddell in the middle with maher....cant do any worse than whittacker can he.

i'd be a little worried if we threw Stephens in when we have other capable senior players who are all ready tried and tested. If you were gonna use Lee as a full back to free up Eardley, surely you would use him centre mid where he has already shown he can be effective? Smalley should be used on the right, fast and direct making the opposition worry about both flanks rather than just taylor who is looking increasingly ineffective against 2 or even 3 markers. I think Lee could work well behind him at left back so possibly worth a look.

I'm a bit upset I didn't get at least a mention in there.

must say, it does annoy me that we cant expoloit the space left by the three players who are all marking taylor

Must say it amazes me that we can't use that either, vs 10 man Brighton they were still doubling up on Tayls and yet we could free men up on the overlap.

Taylor at times on sat was being surrounded by 3 men; if he could pass the ball on quickly; surely there's space to be exploited elsewhere (the opposite wing for exapmle).

Teams unfortunately have figured us out, double mark (or triple sometimes) Tayls & that's our 1 attacking threat stiffled. Nothing much is coming from the right wing at the moment & centrally we don't look like bursting through into the box or threading passes through.

we're crying out for 2 wingers - both with pace to worry & tie up the opposition. We also need a ball player with a bit of nounce in the middle of the park.

From what i've seen of Lee (Crewe & Orient, along with Ashton pre season) i'd throw him in the Centre & see what's what. Then its either Smalley or (controvercial i know) Davies for me on the right. Pace, tricks & direct running to give another option other than Taylor for the oppo's to think about.

that's my take anyways - shez will more than likely stick with the same old same old as we all know he will!!

Must say it amazes me that we can't use that either, vs 10 man Brighton they were still doubling up on Tayls and yet we could free men up on the overlap.

Taylor at times on sat was being surrounded by 3 men; if he could pass the ball on quickly; surely there's space to be exploited elsewhere (the opposite wing for exapmle).

Teams unfortunately have figured us out, double mark (or triple sometimes) Tayls & that's our 1 attacking threat stiffled. Nothing much is coming from the right wing at the moment & centrally we don't look like bursting through into the box or threading passes through.

we're crying out for 2 wingers - both with pace to worry & tie up the opposition. We also need a ball player with a bit of nounce in the middle of the park.

From what i've seen of Lee (Crewe & Orient, along with Ashton pre season) i'd throw him in the Centre & see what's what. Then its either Smalley or (controvercial i know) Davies for me on the right. Pace, tricks & direct running to give another option other than Taylor for the oppo's to think about.

that's my take anyways - shez will more than likely stick with the same old same old as we all know he will!!

Utterly agre with everything you say. The fact Taylor is marked so tightly, should free up space in the centre, for the full back, or on the opposite wing. However with Casper Whitaker, and Captain 40 yards behind play, it just doesnt happen.

Agree with you on davies. If he aint going to play bloody smalley then might aswell shove him on the right. Plays most of the time there anyway :wink:

Wont bloody happen though. Especially if the match is called off on saturday... the auto reset button in shez's head will have been pressed before hereford, and any learning from previos match(es) will have been forgotten.

fleming

lomax

gregan

rubes

eardley

taylor

whitts

maher

smalley

lewis

hughes

-----------------

time to give smalley a run now , people forget he was a striker in the youth teams he needs time to learn the position so either a run in team or loaned out for month or two. last few times i have seen liddell he has increasingly looked off the pace which is a shame because i felt he started the season very well. good oppourtunity to see maher and whitts together although yes i agree whitts does go missing its nothing on the scale of what mcdonald was like for two years.Lewis and hughes has been our best partnership this year. hate to be negative because i feel this board is far too negative but im increasingly thinking another 8th/9th finish is the likely outcome of the season.

fleming

eardley

hazell

gregan

lomax

smalley

lee

maher(allott when available)

taylor

hughes

byfield/alessandra

tell taylor and smalley to interchange during games to worry the opposition, lee stays there as the creative mid then have allott there when back or maher if you must. I think with lee and smalley in there it will help byfield to get in the box more as he has more service from the flanks, but as has been said i wouldn't grumble if lewi is given a second run, but the midfield needs to be as above otherwise we aint goin anywhere sorry shez!

fleming

eardley

hazell

gregan

lomax

smalley

lee

maher(allott when available)

taylor

hughes

byfield/alessandra

tell taylor and smalley to interchange during games to worry the opposition, lee stays there as the creative mid then have allott there when back or maher if you must. I think with lee and smalley in there it will help byfield to get in the box more as he has more service from the flanks, but as has been said i wouldn't grumble if lewi is given a second run, but the midfield needs to be as above otherwise we aint goin anywhere sorry shez!

yep taylor doesnt do enough changing sides....you watch most of the wingers up n down the leagues if they cant get any joy on one side they try the other.keeps the defence on there toes and puts that uncertanty and doubt in there minds....

that said you dont know what instructions shez has given him