Shez apologises to travelling fans

From the ITV.com site:

"I just want to apologise to the fans who travelled down. We were shocking," said Sheridan.

He added: "I just feel sorry for the fans, our performance was absolutely abysmal and there are no words to describe it.

"From a team who are third in the league - and no disrespect to Hereford, they played very well and made it hard for us and deserved everything they got - we were just not at the races.

"I think some of the team turned up thinking it was going to be easy and got a kick in the teeth but it's not on and I am not going to stand for it - the first two goals absolutely killed us."

From the ITV.com site:

"I just want to apologise to the fans who travelled down. We were shocking," said Sheridan.

He added: "I just feel sorry for the fans, our performance was absolutely abysmal and there are no words to describe it.

"From a team who are third in the league - and no disrespect to Hereford, they played very well and made it hard for us and deserved everything they got - we were just not at the races.

"I think some of the team turned up thinking it was going to be easy and got a kick in the teeth but it's not on and I am not going to stand for it - the first two goals absolutely killed us."

Say that again Shez and I will probably go insane.

He's denying that the players were not at Hereford Races, before anyone throws in that accusation! :wink:

P.S. Don't think Sheffield entitles you to join INSANE. :D

Haha! Good response Deigo, made me chuckle.

Makes sense, players at the Hereford races, losing their undeserved pay packets (tounge in cheek) and being so downhearted after it, they couldnt concentrate on playing football.

Say that again Shez and I will probably go insane.

OK calm down, it's one of his phrases that he uses, and you can't realistically expect a L1 team to play consistently well 46 games a season.

Noone complains when he says 'different class'...he has his cliches...let him use them.

He wasn't trying to make an excuse.

No need to swear, calm down...

its all bollocks...all this was said yesterday and last night....now its just being rehashed again as others read the official site and other news outlets....

rather have a bunch of new threads along the lines of positive ideas for saturdays game

I went to the game, and was tired when I got in and didnt have much time to respond on here to all topics. I suspect you was reading the official site all day yesterday, so today has been my opportunity to say what I think, not trawling through all the old posts to comment on the same thing I can do on this thread.

If it's not an excuse, no need to say it. Im sure all the Oldham and Hereford fans could tell 'We were just not at the races'.

Oh...so Shez should only say something after the game if he has an exclusive that noone else knows. If we play well, would you rather he didn't say 'we played well', or 'we really turned up today'? It's the same situation...saying something that everyone can see for themselves...

I would be annoyed if he didnt say anything yes, but that has bugger all to do with what i'm saying.

I expect him to come out and tell us what happened, and why that happened. Fair play to Shez he did this in the rest of his interview, but like alot of people, i'm sick of these excuses from him.

By the way...

Sheridan IN.

I would be annoyed if he didnt say anything yes, but that has bugger all to do with what i'm saying.

I expect him to come out and tell us what happened, and why that happened. Fair play to Shez he did this in the rest of his interview, but like alot of people, i'm sick of these excuses from him.

By the way...

Sheridan IN.

its nothing to do with what he says,and what he doesnt say....

standard press conference after a game,you win and play well you praise the players and the fans...

you lose and get hammered you say it wasnt our day,i dont understand what went wrong,apologise to the fans and aknowledge there tremendous support,as always n move on.

its more a question or a point of what he actually does to address this during the week,and against stockport....

nothing short of throwing the kitchen sink at stockport will do,it has to be all guns blazing from the off until the end,and make the most of our chances

its nothing to do with what he says,and what he doesnt say....

standard press conference after a game,you win and play well you praise the players and the fans...

you lose and get hammered you say it wasnt our day,i dont understand what went wrong,apologise to the fans and aknowledge there tremendous support,as always n move on.

its more a question or a point of what he actually does to address this during the week,and against stockport....

nothing short of throwing the kitchen sink at stockport will do,it has to be all guns blazing from the off until the end,and make the most of our chances

Lets hope this is a wake up call and we go and outplay County and get a result. Then Shez will have a press conference I cant complain at :D

I'm just wondering what you want him to do?!

Alt + F4, and replay the match?

Oh wait, it's not FM 09!

He's brought them in for extra training, he's apologised, and (unless there's something I dont know :lol: ) he isn't God, so he can't turn the clock back!

Did anyone honestly expect that he'd stop the players' wages, and repay the travelling army?!

Sure, great idea, except that that'd give the players the right to walk out on us <_<

KTF!

Joe