Remember the Manor Ground?

Seem to remember a fairly emphatic tonking away against Oxford in the 90/91 season - so freak results/performances do happen and teams can pick themselves up and do alright.

Missed the game and most of the fall out on here as I am in France snowboarding - final day today so back for the County game.

Was chatting to a West Ham fan who watched their game in a local pub - he was chatting to another group of hammers who told him that one of their party was arriving late as they were an Oldham fan. Delayed the holiday by a day to watch the game and then fly out of Bristol.

Poor bloke - I took sometime before deciding I'd miss the game and come out here instead - one of my better decisions as it turns out, Saturdays are the best days out here as its change over day normally and therefore slopes empty. Think his name was Pete - anyone admit to being him / knowing him?

Seem to remember a fairly emphatic tonking away against Oxford in the 90/91 season - so freak results/performances do happen and teams can pick themselves up and do alright.

Missed the game and most of the fall out on here as I am in France snowboarding - final day today so back for the County game.

Was chatting to a West Ham fan who watched their game in a local pub - he was chatting to another group of hammers who told him that one of their party was arriving late as they were an Oldham fan. Delayed the holiday by a day to watch the game and then fly out of Bristol.

Poor bloke - I took sometime before deciding I'd miss the game and come out here instead - one of my better decisions as it turns out, Saturdays are the best days out here as its change over day normally and therefore slopes empty. Think his name was Pete - anyone admit to being him / knowing him?

i was at that game as i lived nr oxford at the time.... latics were doing well and a few of the lads from base came to watch the game also...t'was not a good day and it just seemed so weird how they got taken so easily ....ring any bells???

Edited by thetramdriver

I remember that match at Oxford and I was reminding people on owbt chat about it on Saturday... I went most home and away that season but missed that match due to a wedding (yes, in Feb...) My mate did us a favour getting wed that day. :grin: . I worked near Stockport at that time and the amount of stick I got about the 5-1 was unbelievable.

We went to Oxford when Ritchie scored and it had to be confirmed by the lino as it hit the crossbar and bounced just over the line. Was that the 1-1?

Edited by martjs

I remember that game at Oxford also, but what I'd really like to know is, who the hell is that Dorris with the inordinately large knockers, Footy 68?

I was there, at the game not with the lass with the .............. you know what I mean.

Stayed to the end but got off sharpish and was amazed to pull up at the first service station and find ourselves filling up with petrol next to Ian Stott. I said what are you doing here and he said fastest drink ever with an oppo charman and then I was off!

ps the aforementioned lady was first introduced to these pages by a Bristol (honest) City fan called 'the general'. I think.

Can't for the life of me remember a word he said tho'

We went to Oxford when Ritchie scored and it had to be confirmed by the lino as it hit the crossbar and bounced just over the line. Was that the 1-1?

That was the 1-0 win to us the season before wasn't it? 1989/90. I rings a bell as Ritchie scored then. I didn't go the season before (88/89 1-1)

I was there, at the game not with the lass with the .............. you know what I mean.

Stayed to the end but got off sharpish and was amazed to pull up at the first service station and find ourselves filling up with petrol next to Ian Stott. I said what are you doing here and he said fastest drink ever with an oppo charman and then I was off!

ps the aforementioned lady was first introduced to these pages by a Bristol (honest) City fan called 'the general'. I think.

Can't for the life of me remember a word he said tho'

The Lady in question was lifted from 'the General' off the Bindippers board.