Well, Richie may go somewhere, he's done quite well this season albeit a bit overshadowed by Stock who's the main man in midfield really. If a bid comes in that meets what the club wants then I've no doubt he'll go and we'd all wish him well. However, the chairman's said our key players will be going nowhere for anything like a million so it'd take a bit of cash to let him leave (rumour has it he's one of the 4 players on a 100k bonus if we stay up this season).

As for Hughes well it's very mixed. There's those who do want him despite his past which are I'd say about 25%, those like me that see him as someone who'd score goals so are for it but still don't really like what he did in the past (probably about 50%) and another 25% who are completely against his signing. If he does sign it'll be interesting to see what the crowd's reaction is as quite a few would boo his name at first I feel.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just tops it off for me. Your best striker has a 400k clause in his contract, fair enough if an offer matching it is received and the player goes then there is nothing you can do about it.

But literally flogging your best striker for LESS than what he should go for in his contract is just ridiculous!!!!

Wayne Rooney has a 20mil buy out clause - AC Milan offer 5mill 'yes we'll sell'!! WTF????!!!!!

What the hell can we do with 200k anyway? fcuk all thats what!!!

its 400k or we dont sell.

Selling your top scorer for less than what you can get for him is absolute madness!!!

This just tops it off for me. Your best striker has a 400k clause in his contract, fair enough if an offer matching it is received and the player goes then there is nothing you can do about it.

But literally flogging your best striker for LESS than what he should go for in his contract is just ridiculous!!!!

Wayne Rooney has a 20mil buy out clause - AC Milan offer 5mill 'yes we'll sell'!! WTF????!!!!!

Selling your top scorer for less than what you can get for him is absolute madness!!!

With an unsigned deal on the table and 6 months to run on his current deal, I think United would take 5M for Rooney if he wasn't going to sign.

If no one is bidding 400k......

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

bishop from bury with ogrady going the other way on season long loan????

Surley if we had accepted a bid the club and his agent would be advertising the fact to try and get a bidding wore started from another club and push up his price.

The club isn't the issue here when it comes to the price.

Latics are between the devil and the dep blue sea when it comes to the fee because the player has the power. Lee Hughes can choose who he plays for. We can't choose who we sell him too (or we can, but he can say "no" to the move and leave for free at the end of the season). The only price the agent will be trying to improve will be the offer made to Hughes and the commission for the agent.

So if Doncaster offer £300k and a good contract, but Burnley offer £200k and a great contract, the player can say "I want to go to Burnley".

Latics can then say "no" and the player leaves in May for nothing, or choose to cash in now. £200k would probably mean that Latics have covered the costs of paying him for 18 months.

Why is it that premiership players prices are going up and our players prices are going down. rubbish

If you remove Manchester City from the equation, I'd suggest the transfer window has seen Premiership players' fall in value.

It is, however, an economic reality that many clubs will be reducing their debt burden in the current climate rather than taking a dabble in the lower leagues to find some up and coming talent.

Edited by opinions4u

What can we do with £200k? Pay someone £10k a week + whatever Hughes was on until the end of the season?

Or we could keep Hughes and if we don't go up he goes anyway.

Would you pay £200k to buy Hughes for the remaining 20 games? I think people would laugh at TTA if they suggested buying a player for 20 games at that sort of money.

Spot on.

Lettig him go for nothing in 4 and a half months could be seen as more ridiculous.

Reality check. If Lee Hughes had a buy out clause of £20m we'd still be in a position where we're talking about taking £200k now or nothing in May.

Or you could fund the club's financial shortfall until the end of the season, which beats going in to administration.

In an ideal world, yes. Or it could be keep a demotivated player, watch him underperform for 4 months and let him go for free at the end of it.

If £200k is the highest offer, then that is selling him for the most you can get.

Spot on.

Lettig him go for nothing in 4 and a half months could be seen as more ridiculous.

Reality check. If Lee Hughes had a buy out clause of £20m we'd still be in a position where we're talking about taking £200k now or nothing in May.

Or you could fund the club's financial shortfall until the end of the season, which beats going in to administration.

In an ideal world, yes. Or it could be keep a demotivated player, watch him underperform for 4 months and let him go for free at the end of it.

If £200k is the highest offer, then that is selling him for the most you can get.

:deal: That should be the definitive word on this subject :applause1:

• 2 weeks later...
No, it's the house that Hughesy owns, in Diggle. He was in a rented house in Dobcross for the first six months, then bought his own place. Not sure what shoe size or star sign he is, but I'll let you know if I find out.......

Has he cancelled them removal men then like?!