We got the reaction we wanted

We started nervy, young Scott had to clear off the line and it was a case of " Here we go again..." However, they stepped off Whitaker and he passes a beauty into the net from 20 yards - the relief was there all to see from players and fans. From then on we had a right go and it was only a matter of time before we scored again. Hughes did what he does = easy street. Nope, we sit back and Stockport score a good goal before half-time and finish the half in the ascendancy.

Second-Half Stockport come out pumped up, but Chris Taylor mugs them on the break and the mixture of delight and relief on his face (and around the ground was tangible) From then on it was never really in doubt. Stockport played some lovely stuff but over do it at times. If dickinson was still there they might have made more of a game of it.

Fleming - Nothing much to dod really, not sure about the goal think he was caught wrong-footed and palmed it in, would have to see it again but pretty solid. - 6

Kelvin - One shocking moment in the first-half but you could see him increasing in confidence as the game wore on. 7

Rubes - Still a bit too much hoofing when easier balls are on, but 600% better than the tripe he served up last week. 7

Greegs - Too easy for him today 8

Golbourne - Steady, looks assured would like to see him push on a bit more. encouraging debut 7

Deano - Frustrating. Fabulous for half an hour, then decides he can be lacksidaisical. Delights and frustrates in equal measure, what a goal that could have been in the first half. 7.5 (Madness to send him out on loan)

Allott - MOM for me superb, especially considering the lack of help from slap head alongside him. Broke attacks up, stuck his foot in, back to how he was playing last season. 9

Whitaker - Great goal, but still way off form needs to link better with the forwards. 6

Taylor - Like Kelvin improved as the game went on, loved the goal and his celebration a true blue. No way he's going anywhere (I hope) 7

Hughes - Pulled out of a few for me, worked in fits and starts, finished his goal well, but let's be honest he should have had a hat-trick. 7

Windass - Some great touches, but on the whole dissappointing. 5

Anyhow, bring on the Iron, then consecutive home games before the big one at the walkers. well done today boys keep it up.

We started nervy, young Scott had to clear off the line and it was a case of " Here we go again..." However, they stepped off Whitaker and he passes a beauty into the net from 20 yards - the relief was there all to see from players and fans. From then on we had a right go and it was only a matter of time before we scored again. Hughes did what he does = easy street. Nope, we sit back and Stockport score a good goal before half-time and finish the half in the ascendancy.

Second-Half Stockport come out pumped up, but Chris Taylor mugs them on the break and the mixture of delight and relief on his face (and around the ground was tangible) From then on it was never really in doubt. Stockport played some lovely stuff but over do it at times. If dickinson was still there they might have made more of a game of it.

Fleming - Nothing much to dod really, not sure about the goal think he was caught wrong-footed and palmed it in, would have to see it again but pretty solid. - 6

Kelvin - One shocking moment in the first-half but you could see him increasing in confidence as the game wore on. 7

Rubes - Still a bit too much hoofing when easier balls are on, but 600% better than the tripe he served up last week. 7

Greegs - Too easy for him today 8

Golbourne - Steady, looks assured would like to see him push on a bit more. encouraging debut 7

Deano - Frustrating. Fabulous for half an hour, then decides he can be lacksidaisical. Delights and frustrates in equal measure, what a goal that could have been in the first half. 7.5 (Madness to send him out on loan)

Allott - MOM for me superb, especially considering the lack of help from slap head alongside him. Broke attacks up, stuck his foot in, back to how he was playing last season. 9

Whitaker - Great goal, but still way off form needs to link better with the forwards. 6

Taylor - Like Kelvin improved as the game went on, loved the goal and his celebration a true blue. No way he's going anywhere (I hope) 7

Hughes - Pulled out of a few for me, worked in fits and starts, finished his goal well, but let's be honest he should have had a hat-trick. 7

Windass - Some great touches, but on the whole dissappointing. 5

Anyhow, bring on the Iron, then consecutive home games before the big one at the walkers. well done today boys keep it up.

You what?

yep 2 assists, he was crap :wink:

Sat in the Chaddy the view for Hughes' goal wasn't the best as for Taylor's I may have been mistaken but i thought it was Allott who played him in. Perhaps he deserves a 7 then, i'm feeling generous! If whitaker had done his bit though he wouldn't have needed to have played so deep and may have been able to forage a chance for himself. Good job he did though! :wink:

Sat in the Chaddy the view for Hughes' goal wasn't the best as for Taylor's I may have been mistaken but i thought it was Allott who played him in. Perhaps he deserves a 7 then, i'm feeling generous! If whitaker had done his bit though he wouldn't have needed to have played so deep and may have been able to forage a chance for himself. Good job he did though! :wink:

I think thats where Shez wants him, just dropping off and picking up the ball .. hence why he played like that against Hartlepool to.

Fleming - didn't have a lot to do. Can't blame him for their goal either.

Lomax - looked like he was going to have a nightmare early on, but grew in confidence as the game progressed. Kelvin, Tommy Rowe is a decent player and you kept him at bay today. Nice one.

Golbourne - looked nice going forwards and compact defensively. Thought he was slow to close down the cross that led to their goal.

Hazell - on a couple of occasions he put his foot on the ball and found what seemed like an age to take the ball forwards. Reuben Beckenbauer!

Gregan - job done, quite impressively.

Whitaker - great goal and I thought he got stuck in really well without. His increased workrate was a key difference.

Allott - quietly efficient in winning the midfield battle.

Taylor - quiet for long periods but could have had a hat-trick. Great finish for the goal and a special celebration.

Smalley - the last two home games have convinced me that the job is his. Loan him out? Don't be silly.

Hughes - nice finish, some good runs that came to nothing and the occasional loose pass.

Windass - some of the weighted volleys, first touch flicks and the chip to Taylor that led to a decent save from Fon Williams. This guy is special. Conserves his energy well, which while at times means little chasing back makes absolute sense.

Latics have beaten a decent team today.

Fleming - didn't have a lot to do. Can't blame him for their goal either.

Lomax - looked like he was going to have a nightmare early on, but grew in confidence as the game progressed. Kelvin, Tommy Rowe is a decent player and you kept him at bay today. Nice one.

Golbourne - looked nice going forwards and compact defensively. Thought he was slow to close down the cross that led to their goal.

Hazell - on a couple of occasions he put his foot on the ball and found what seemed like an age to take the ball forwards. Reuben Beckenbauer!

Gregan - job done, quite impressively.

Whitaker - great goal and I thought he got stuck in really well without. His increased workrate was a key difference.

Allott - quietly efficient in winning the midfield battle.

Taylor - quiet for long periods but could have had a hat-trick. Great finish for the goal and a special celebration.

Smalley - the last two home games have convinced me that the job is his. Loan him out? Don't be silly.

Hughes - nice finish, some good runs that came to nothing and the occasional loose pass.

Windass - some of the weighted volleys, first touch flicks and the chip to Taylor that led to a decent save from Fon Williams. This guy is special. Conserves his energy well, which while at times means little chasing back makes absolute sense.

Latics have beaten a decent team today.

Done deal apparently! Fookin' joke if you ask me!

I think thats where Shez wants him, just dropping off and picking up the ball .. hence why he played like that against Hartlepool to.

Yeah, I noticed that. The way he dropped back to collect the ball showed his experience and awareness of the game. He had a good game today, and set two of the goals up.

Allott was my MOM too, he was back to his best and looked full of energy. Helped make us boss midfield for large periods and never gave County a moments peace.

Great to see Smalley and Lomax have great confidence-lifting performances too. County were frightened to death of Deane, it was just a slight shame he couldn't continue in the same way after half-time and gave the ball away in dangerous positions once too often. Still, he should be proud of his contribution today.

Great 3 points, keeps County that bit further away (Who I think now Pilkington has left will see them slip into midtable in the next few months) and throws us right in the mix.

I had windy as my mom, with allot a close second.

His chested knock ons, and flicks are a class above anything iv seen in our team for a while now.

Allot chased everything today, and looked more like the player that he was last season again.

thought he would be too old , what do i know , he had a great game , wish i was thirty nine again

He wheeled off like a Latic possessed. My mate in the Chaddy reckons he was foaming at the mouth.

he was actually crying....he was stood right in fron of me and my lad,and his expression was priceless.......then rest of the game i sat there n thought....is he off or something,was that his last game and he was genuinley upset....just think it was a relief he scored and we extended the lead to be honest...

windass total class act...the team really need to work in training of how to play around him to maximise his vision and awareness....that little lob over the defender where taylor nearly got a second....brilliant...

thought on the whole it was a great reply to last weeks shambles...but again second half missing in action whittacker....maybe im being too critical but i would of took him off after 65 mins and put maher on...

also was smalley injured..why would you take off a winger who can dribble and run at defenders and generally scare them to deaf...and put liddell there....and thought mental deserved a bit of a longer run out....

but on the whole a great result,were third only 3 points behind 2nd....if we can carry on playing like that today auto is still deffo on.

also was smalley injured..why would you take off a winger who can dribble and run at defenders and generally scare them to deaf...and put liddell there....and thought mental deserved a bit of a longer run out....

Simple innit Ed, Shez looking after his mate, gotta make sure he gets his appearance bonus don't we? Or Maybe Shez felt he deserved an ovation before his loan move?

Edited by oafcprozac

.also was smalley injured..why would you take off a winger who can dribble and run at defenders and generally scare them to deaf...and put liddell there....and thought mental deserved a bit of a longer run out....

To be fair he did take him off in the 88th minute .. and he did look nackered, i think he actually signalled that he wanted to come off.

he was actually crying....he was stood right in fron of me and my lad,and his expression was priceless.......then rest of the game i sat there n thought....is he off or something,was that his last game and he was genuinley upset....just think it was a relief he scored and we extended the lead to be honest...

windass total class act...the team really need to work in training of how to play around him to maximise his vision and awareness....that little lob over the defender where taylor nearly got a second....brilliant...

thought on the whole it was a great reply to last weeks shambles...but again second half missing in action whittacker....maybe im being too critical but i would of took him off after 65 mins and put maher on...

but on the whole a great result,were third only 3 points behind 2nd....if we can carry on playing like that today auto is still deffo on.

my only critcism of smalley today was he didnt get his head up quick enough at times but he was superb running with the ball.

i think shez took him off because he was knackered after he seemed to do so much running in the first half and didnt have the same impact in the second

Simple innit Ed, Shez looking after his mate, gotta make sure he gets his appearance bonus don't we? Or Maybe Shez felt he deserved an ovation before his loan move?

Shez's mates...... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Maybe he took Smalley off because he knew he would get good applause and thinks it may help him?

I like Lidds but Smalley has made it his shirt for the time being, hopefully he can keep it (at Latics).