Kieran Lee

I've never understood the logic of bringing on subs with 2 mins left. I'm sure they do it just cos it's what other teams do. Doing it at Sunday league just so they have to pay their subs is one thing but at pro level?

The idea is to waste time when you are well in front

Does anyone know what Lee and Stephens are like in training? Maybe they are really lazy and shez doesnt think they deserve a place in the 16.

It's like I said right at the start of this thread - it would be good to hear what the coaching team think - if Lee was still suffering the after effects of flu for example, then it would help to know that - just being a nosy fan :grin:

Edited by TheBigDog

Does anyone know what Lee and Stephens are like in training? Maybe they are really lazy and shez doesnt think they deserve a place in the 16.

obviously none of us can know for sure but to be honest i can,t see lee being lazy in training,because of where he came from,you don,t turn pro at man u if you can,t be arsed training .if shez doesn,t want to use him yet thats fair enough but as theres no ressies he should send him out for a short loan spell to get some games

obviously none of us can know for sure but to be honest i can,t see lee being lazy in training,because of where he came from,you don,t turn pro at man u if you can,t be arsed training .if shez doesn,t want to use him yet thats fair enough but as theres no ressies he should send him out for a short loan spell to get some games

stephens was defo one for the future..however if were winning in a game and were not looking like capitulating,it cant do him any harm to give him 10 mins or so.

lee has been unlucky with injurys and illness,he has been given a chance but not a long enough one.

people have to face facts that shez has his fav players,and they will get in the team ahead of anybody,if hughes stays then if i was mental i would be knocking on the door asking why the hell im not playing,as i can only see him getting the last 10 or 15 mins while hughes n windass are here, same with lewis as well really,hasnt done a lot wrong but now cant get a game,that said if your third in the league and playing well,you cant really expect the manager to change a winning team.

Lee and Stephens both played 90 minutes in the recent Reserves matches against Walsall and Blackburn.

We didn't score in the defeat by Blackburn, but Stephens scored both goals in our 2-0 victory against Walsall Res.

:cardinal:

Very good point this, if we had had Lee last season he would probably have made about 30 appearances.

I'm going to wager that he (Lee)hasn't recovered enough from his flu & therefore was too big of a risk fitness wise to throw him into a game as big as Stockport (local derby & convincing win needed)

Thought he did well vs Crewe, and played alright vs Orient, i think he'd have kpt his place had he not got ill.

he'll have to wait in line now again, just like Maher is having to do too.

as for Stephens, he was always one for the future, it wa said when he signed - didn't for onw minute think he'd be featuring this season unless we had the smae horrible luck with injuries.

The idea is to waste time when you are well in front

If were well in front why the hell do we need to waste time? And dont the refs add 30 seconds per substitution? Or has that rule gone now? If they do then surely we are wasting about 5 or 10 seconds? Be better off running into the corner with it or hoofing it into the car park?!

I have liked what little i have seen of him so far but he is probably a victim of his own versatility. From what i have seen of him i think he would make a decent full back. he looks a little lightweight to me to play in midfeild on a regular basis, but does look comfy on the ball.

I wouldnt be suprised once shez find his best posistion he will start to show us how good he can be.