What Shez has said about todays game

accordin to shez in his interview after one of lee,s games he said lee has to learn to play the oldham way?then in an interview after lee had been dropped he said we might have took care of the ball better if lee had been on,so whats he saying i don,t understand

i subscribe to latics world and i dont remember shez ever saying that in any of the papers, lee played twice this season, i didnt go to crewe but i was at the home afterwards(lee played twice this season) and was :censored: at home

jslatics post is spot on.. people (posters on here) put words in sheridans mouth to back up there :censored: arguments.

I wish people would stop putting words in his mouth. Where has he said after the game today that he's made changes? Where did he say it after Scunthorpe? He didn't. People are pretending Shez has said stuff and then working themselves up about their own little fantasies.

Some need to give up on this Stephens rubbish. The club said when they signed him that he was one for the future and wouldn't be rushed into the first team. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He hasn't done anything wrong, but FFS, he's a kid, and clearly the management don't just want to throw him in there. Maher: well Allott is a shoe-in most weeks and rightfully so. Shez then makes his decision between Whits and Kev...but Kev's also had a fair crack of the whip this season. And for what it's worth...no, we don't know what Lee's doing wrong in training, but we don't know what he's doing right. Shez sees these guys every day...and if he thinks Lee's not doing the business in training, then IMO he's not doing the business in training. Unless you go to each training session and can tell me differently?

If he wants to have a go at the fans he's more than welcome to. Some of the comments on here have been absolutely ridiculous...we're 6th in the bloody league and have lost just 1 in 21 at BP. That's not a bad record...in fact there's 18 other teams in this division who would rather be where we are. If Shez is subjected to the abuse that he is on here in person from the idiots behind him in the Main Stand then let him. After all, he's only human...if they want to have a go at him because they've paid their money to then fine. But don't be surprised when a man fed up to the back teeth of being abused for managing a team, with a decent home record and occupying a playoff spot, snaps and gives it large back. You'd do the same.

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

:scarf001::icon_peace::OASISscarf:

I didn't say we carved out 2 or 3 chances, I said we carved out enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals.

How do we play. We try to get the ball down and pass it, but guess what - in the hurly burly of a 3rd division football match, with 3rd division footballers, that isn't always possible. In truth it strikes me as somewhat naive to buttonhole any team into a particular style, especially at this level. As often as not, it varies depending on conditions, players, opposition and a good few other variables.

Fair enough. If you are happy with our current performances then I'm pleased for you. I think it is naive of you to think that teams at this level don't have playing styles. The manager should dictate the way the team plays. At this level the manager is the difference between a good team and average team. At the moment at looks to me like we're a very average team with some very good players in it. We've been outplayed and out passed by Leyton Orient, Hereford, Huddersfield to name a few over the last few weeks. And just in case you ask, yes I did go to all those games.

Edited by CD's Orange Heels

i subscribe to latics world and i dont remember shez ever saying that in any of the papers, lee played twice this season, i didnt go to crewe but i was at the home afterwards(lee played twice this season) and was :censored: at home

jslatics post is spot on.. people (posters on here) put words in sheridans mouth to back up there :censored: arguments.

if you subscribe to latics world look back on his interviews and you will hear them exact words,i,m not in the habbit of posting lies

change to my post above,durig interview on 26.12 away day win,he,s not playing for man utd anymore,totally different game with oldham he has to get used to the way this league is. interview 3.1 09 after talking about not taking care of the, if he was on he probably would have taken care of the ball its one of his strenghs

okay so not exactly as i said in earlier post but means the same thing.lee may not be the answer but at least we could try,and for you to say he was :censored: at home he was no worse than anyone else that day plus 2 games in 2 days is lot when your not match fit

.. After all, he's only human...if they want to have a go at him because they've paid their money to then fine. But don't be surprised when a man fed up to the back teeth of being abused for managing a team, with a decent home record and occupying a playoff spot, snaps and gives it large back. You'd do the same.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“Fair enough we haven’t won, but why people boo after players put in the effort they did, I will never know.

“I know it is only a small section of them, but they were a disgrace. They must have been watching a different game to me. We got at them and should have won.

“I understand people get frustrated — I want to win every game — but I thought the booing was out of order.

“I am not daft or naive. I know where everybody is coming from as we should be beating teams like Swindon at home if we want to get into the play-offs. These are the games we need to win.

“If they want to have a go, do it at me but get behind the players as anybody who knows football could see they were trying to win. Give them credit rather than have a go.

“We are still sixth in the table and haven’t been outside the top seven all season with the fourth lowest budget in the division. The players deserve credit for that.

“I would like somebody to say we are doing all right as a team as nobody ever tells me that.”

As jsslatic says, Shez is only human. That last sentence tells me tha Shez is no different from anyone else, in that he would like a pat on the back from time to time, instead of the constant stream of criticism.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“Fair enough we haven’t won, but why people boo after players put in the effort they did, I will never know.

“I know it is only a small section of them, but they were a disgrace. They must have been watching a different game to me. We got at them and should have won.

“I understand people get frustrated — I want to win every game — but I thought the booing was out of order.

“I am not daft or naive. I know where everybody is coming from as we should be beating teams like Swindon at home if we want to get into the play-offs. These are the games we need to win.

“If they want to have a go, do it at me but get behind the players as anybody who knows football could see they were trying to win. Give them credit rather than have a go.

“We are still sixth in the table and haven’t been outside the top seven all season with the fourth lowest budget in the division. The players deserve credit for that.

“I would like somebody to say we are doing all right as a team as nobody ever tells me that.”

As jsslatic says, Shez is only human. That last sentence tells me tha Shez is no different from anyone else, in that he would like a pat on the back from time to time, instead of the constant stream of criticism.

you could argue the fact that the team got a pat on the back after the stockport game...majority of people on here were paraising everybody after that win,as we played some very decent stuff and got the right result,the team played as a team and the effort was there for all to see...

pity it cant be said about the next two games at scunny and swindon....

so on that analogy,credit is given where credit is due,and not when it isnt.

maybe the brizzle game being called off is a blessing in disguise,and they will double there efforts in training this week and go and beat the top of the league at weekend...