Arsenal

Arshavin has passed a medical, he is in the country, he has even agreed personal terms.

thay have even agreed a fee, but Arshavins club want some extra money from the player.

so can someone please tell me, why this transfer should be allowed to go through after the deadline?

i cannot see how the weather has affected this transfer or is it just bull so the tops clubs get more time compared to the little clubs

Arshavin has passed a medical, he is in the country, he has even agreed personal terms.

thay have even agreed a fee, but Arshavins club want some extra money from the player.

so can someone please tell me, why this transfer should be allowed to go through after the deadline?

i cannot see how the weather has affected this transfer or is it just bull so the tops clubs get more time compared to the little clubs

Was thinking the same thing. He had his medical mid-afternoon...any reason for a delay is because of a problem between the two clubs or between Arshavin and Zenit. It's nothing to do with the weather.

One rule for some, and a different one for the rest...

Was thinking the same thing. He had his medical mid-afternoon...any reason for a delay is because of a problem between the two clubs or between Arshavin and Zenit. It's nothing to do with the weather.

One rule for some, and a different one for the rest...

If you say that, they say you're jealous.

You see this is what makes a mockery of the transfer window. OK Oldham aren't likely to be signing someone the likes of Arshavin and so have less baggage and language problems. But if there is to be a transfer window (something I'm not too keen on), then it has to be enforced properly. If I had a deadline I couldn't have it extended because of snow on the day- they'd say something like you should have handed it in earlier and quite right too- so why should football get an extension. Then for Arsenal to pull this kind of stunt, not to mention Pompey and City last year with Benjani and Defoe, where it is obvious that the negotiations are still going go after the deadline has past and it had nothing to do with the snow. It does seem one rule for the rich premier greed clubs and one for everyone else. I'd be fascinated if the likes of Huddersfield tried something similar if they got away with it (I doubt it). If a window shuts at 5pm then it shuts at 5pm not 5.05 pm, and certainly not 12 noon the next day. I hope the FA do something about this as it seems like Arsenal are making a mockery of the window and not just in terms of clubs like ours, but other clubs who managed to get their paperwork and what not handed in on time. If they do I hope it isn't just, 'oh well he's on loan then until next season.' Which is a punishment which doesn't fit the crime.