Leicester Preview

so who makes the decision here..the football league/local authority etc or sky?

also,would sky be putting up the team in a hotel at sky's expense ?

The Football League.

Sky spend whatever they deem necessary to ensure their schedule is not disrupted. IIRC they paid for covers for the BP pitch.

The Football League.

there's your answer then.

if members of the team (all this is an if by the way!) were stranded in the weather,then the football league have to take this into consideration.. the same for the local authority deeming the locality of the ground to be suitable or not for 20,000(or whatever their average gate is) souls getting to the ground.

sky i suppose can get a hellocopter to the stranded team members i suppose! :wink:

but sky are ,in effect ,just in the same position as everyone else-at the whim of the weather.

obviously they want the game to happen,but they can't( or shouldn't be allowed to )be influencing a decision on a game going ahead...just because it's "sky sports".

..but sky are ,in effect ,just in the same position as everyone else-at the whim of the weather.

obviously they want the game to happen,but they can't( or shouldn't be allowed to )be influencing a decision on a game going ahead...just because it's "sky sports".

The rarely wrong Chron says "...as the game is being televised live by Sky Sports, every effort will be made to get it played".

Weather update - on local radio everything being done to keep the game on. Leicester has had a fair pounding of snow today (I am in the sticks and booked the day off, but the centre is not too bad, so I am being told). It is snowing at the moment, and has been on and off all day.

IMO it is only fair for all coming from Oldham to be considered, especially those who have bought tickets, so I really hope everyone who has to make the trip is given enough notice. Everything being geared up for the game on all local radio stations, thats all I know at the minute.

lol sounds good for some Caribbean sunshine, or a postponement, especially if Hughesey is not playing - I have been giving everyone at work stick about "your players will never handle him, you just wait" - we will now have to wait and see, and I am praying for it to be snowed off if he is not fit. Its took the edge off it for me a bit.

Semi-preview from a good friend of mine who works for goal.com.

Scroll down through all the EPL for his pleas and personal attacks on my good self (and yes, I have already questioned him on why he anticipates a Filbert St whooping, not a Crisp Bowl one...).

Goal.com

Edited by jsslatic

Semi-preview from a good friend of mine who works for goal.com.

Scroll down through all the EPL for his pleas and personal attacks on my good self.

Goal.com

He describes you very well, but you should tell him the Foxes no longer play at Filbert Street, as the Crisp bowl is on Filbert Way. :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns