Looking forward to see!

If the team play better on Saturday and beyond now the window has been slammed shut.....

Hughes - Although he netted V Stockport, his eye has been well off the ball all January, huffing puffing and shoving. He is now back in the window and will be in his interest to be banging in goals. Looks like Donny were the only team really interested in signing him.

Taylor - People saying his head was down cos he didnt want to move, the Chron making him look a tit etc

Gregan - Back to his Best

Jones - A return to a great left wing partnership and understanding

We are still up there on merit - I have not really seen a team any better than (bar The Foxes)

People need to keep there head, cos some of the crap coming out of peoples mouth at Scunny was embarrassing.

Keep the faith :)

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk

If the team play better on Saturday and beyond now the window has been slammed shut.....

Hughes - Although he netted V Stockport, his eye has been well off the ball all January, huffing puffing and shoving. He is now back in the window and will be in his interest to be banging in goals. Looks like Donny were the only team really interested in signing him.

Taylor - People saying his head was down cos he didnt want to move, the Chron making him look a tit etc

We are still up there on merit - I have not really seen a team any better than (bar The Foxes)

People need to keep there head, cos some of the crap coming out of peoples mouth at Scunny was embarrassing.

I find it remarkable that they are running away with this league. They didn't impress at all at our place and, if truth be told, we were unfortunate not to win the game.

MK Dons the best team I've seen this season, battered us from 4th minute until the 92nd, yet we won the game 2-0.

I find it remarkable that they are running away with this league. They didn't impress at all at our place and, if truth be told, we were unfortunate not to win the game.

MK Dons the best team I've seen this season, battered us from 4th minute until the 92nd, yet we won the game 2-0.

We just need some form, everyone is frustrated but people get carried away with the name calling etc etc, and they wonderwhy they dont see the effort sometimes.

TBH... they have just got that bit of luck and quality that you need in this league.... the qulaity of Fryatt and Howard, and then a bit of luck other than that. From all accounts the Bin-Dippers and 'Udders battered them at the Walkers and didnt get the results they deserved.... if they can outplay them no reason we cant...

Just up to luck to do the rest....

TBH... they have just got that bit of luck and quality that you need in this league.... the qulaity of Fryatt and Howard, and then a bit of luck other than that. From all accounts the Bin-Dippers and 'Udders battered them at the Walkers and didnt get the results they deserved.... if they can outplay them no reason we cant...

No excuses Sat, if we loose I waana come away thinking we have battled and performed. Thats all I want as a Latics fan. But the last 3/4 games (bar County) I havent felt that. The window is closed and everyone should be focused

Not luck mate they've got the magic formula all teams that win promotion have..consistency, and that's what is costing us at the moment. It is not always the best teams that get promoted but the consistent ones. I'm still hoping we will well and truly click but given our limitations in centre-mid I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by oafcprozac

No excuses Sat, if we loose I waana come away thinking we have battled and performed. Thats all I want as a Latics fan. But the last 3/4 games (bar County) I havent felt that. The window is closed and everyone should be focused

yeah, anything positive is a plus on Saturday. Bite yer hand off for a point to be honest. Bloody hard run coming up - Leicester (A), MIllwall (A), Yeovil (A) and Northampton and Leeds at BP, 5 games that will give us a much better idea where we are going this season.

Think Scunny at their place looked pretty decent. Far better than us and i don't think it was just down to us playing badly.

Think Scunny at their place looked pretty decent. Far better than us and i don't think it was just down to us playing badly.

I'm failry certain that Scunny would have said the same walking out of BP earlier on in the season.

Absolutely delighted to get Jones back. Taylor's dip in form has coincided with not having a true support player on the left wing. When he has the freedom to play the ball down the wing for the overlapping defender, his forays inside onto his right foot are much more affective.

Those two alone tore Scunny apart at BP and will do the same against other teams I'm sure.

Losing davies, o'grady - I don;t personally think we have lost out - alright Davies has the potential to score, but he also has the potential to wreck the dressing room.

O'grady tried hard but didn;t click at BP, hope he goes on to have a good time wherever he's gone.

Keeping Hughes, Taylor and getting Jones again is a positive transfer window as far as I am concerned.

I think our form will pick up shortly, just because we are playing better teams. Our main problem this year has been preaking teams down who are happy to come and defend well!

Leeds, Leicester, Millwall, MK Dongs won't be going out to do this and this will play into our teams hands!

How's that for pot half full!!!! lol :D

Being that you are judging teams on the one game that you have seen, I would say the best team I have seen are Hereford. Smashed us from the 1st min and won 5-0. I didn't see the home game where we won by a rather large margin or any other game they have played but i am going to assume the fact that they are relegation fodder must be down to match fixing or something.

For some reason though the likes of MkDons, Millwall, Peterborough and Scunny are beating the teams they're suppose to be beating, with relative ease too. If we won the games we should have won (Swindon, Yeovil and Leyton Orient, all at home) we'd be in second.. Our form against the better teams is that of a top two team. It's frustatrating because with the quality of our team on paper we should be putting these teams to the sword at home.

For some reason though the likes of MkDons, Millwall, Peterborough and Scunny are beating the teams they're suppose to be beating, with relative ease too. If we won the games we should have won (Swindon, Yeovil and Leyton Orient, all at home) we'd be in second.. Our form against the better teams is that of a top two team. It's frustatrating because with the quality of our team on paper we should be putting these teams to the sword at home.

Why can't we beat these teams?

Is it all of the players?

Is it some of the players?

Is it the manager?

Is it the management team?

You are right, we do have the players but they are consistently under-achieving!!!

We need that particular type of player who can put his foot on the ball, dictate and surprise. At the moment, I see our midfield slowly taking the ball from left to right and vice-versa, something the opposition can see and very quickly counter.

Or is it that we just make up the form of the other teams as we go along? MK at home haven't beaten teams such as Bournemouth, Bradford and Orient; Millwall not beaten Southend, Colchester and Crewe; Peterboro not beaten Hartlepool, Dagenham and Brighton; and Scunthorpe (easily the most consistant) not beaten Southend, Swindon and Northampton - and lost to Leeds, imagine that!

Obviously teams higher up are going to have a better record, but they aren't rolling over all the ':censored:' teams every time they play them.

I like all this 'teams we SHOULD be beating' - have I been in a coma and awoken to find I now supporrt Man U - they are the ones with the divine right beat all teams beneath them surely - come on chaps - ANY team with a strong back 4 and 5 along the miggle in a relegation dog-fight have a right to get a point at BP surely!!!

I like all this 'teams we SHOULD be beating' - have I been in a coma and awoken to find I now supporrt Man U - they are the ones with the divine right beat all teams beneath them surely - come on chaps - ANY team with a strong back 4 and 5 along the miggle in a relegation dog-fight have a right to get a point at BP surely!!!

AND with a keeper that seems to have been having lessons from Gordon Banks recently!

Leezy, I think it's fair enought to say 'the teams that we SHOULD be beating' when you add the condition 'if we have any serious aspirations of getting promoted out of this crappy league'.

Bottom 6 or so teams (definitely at this stage of the season) are there for a reason, same as we are top 6 (just) - it's because our/their performances over the last 25 ish games dictates it. Had we had more consistency we'd have been pushing the top 2.

Big, strong and direct. They play to their strengths. As I've said before, essentially a top end Championship regrouping in League One with a squad of Championship players. The surprise that people in football give off they're top is annoying though.

Big, strong and direct. They play to their strengths. As I've said before, essentially a top end Championship regrouping in League One with a squad of Championship players. The surprise that people in football give off they're top is annoying though.

Yeah, and in evidence when they played us, its a sign of a champion when you pick up points and you're not playing well.

Leezy, I think it's fair enought to say 'the teams that we SHOULD be beating' when you add the condition 'if we have any serious aspirations of getting promoted out of this crappy league'.

Bottom 6 or so teams (definitely at this stage of the season) are there for a reason, same as we are top 6 (just) - it's because our/their performances over the last 25 ish games dictates it. Had we had more consistency we'd have been pushing the top 2.

But the bottom teams arent necessarily the bopttom teams at the end of the season - yes they may be there for a while but they turn up at BP knowing we play good footy on the deck with nothing but spoiling tactics - sometimes we manage to break em down, sometimes we dont it's all labout that 90 mins - even some of the Prem top 4 or 5 struggle to break down teams that come to shut up shop - so although on paper they are lowly teams, maybe their team spirit and sometimes even luck get grind em the points to stay up and climb the table

We also have the situation whereby we visit a team that has been on a run of poor form and we are the club that helps them to turn around that form. I.e. Swindon this season and Luton last season are two examples. I still think there may a motivation problem or sense of complacency.

Bring back John Harbin.

But the bottom teams arent necessarily the bopttom teams at the end of the season - yes they may be there for a while but they turn up at BP knowing we play good footy on the deck with nothing but spoiling tactics - sometimes we manage to break em down, sometimes we dont it's all labout that 90 mins - even some of the Prem top 4 or 5 struggle to break down teams that come to shut up shop - so although on paper they are lowly teams, maybe their team spirit and sometimes even luck get grind em the points to stay up and climb the table

Indeed, and I can see what you are saying, however we appear to lack the ability to carve through these teams that come to shut up shop and pack the midfield.

Of the top 6 and bottom 6 by this stage of the season, I reckon on one team from each pool will make the required march up/slide down the table to change things significantly.

The only real change is at the real business end of the season when a bottom 4/6 placed team are able to bring a sheer bloody minded siege mentality to gain the required points. I'd still be willing to wager that 4 or the 6 that currently sit at the bottom of the league will almost certainly be the ones who go down.

If we have serious promotion ambitions, we have to show that our footballing skill and ability is more more than a match for their 'grit and determination'