Leicester

Depends whether the heavy snow that's forecast falls on the Walkers Crisp Bowl. :unsure:

Snowing in Bardon, Leicestershire now. Roads a nightmare coming in to work - I won't be doing it again tomorrow if it doesn't improve. I reckon about 3 inches have fallen in the last couple of hours, with no sign of stopping. Clubs generally offer free entry in return for clearing snow off the pitch. This won't be much of an incentive when the home fans are only paying a few quid to get in anyway!

Looking out the window at the moment my gut feeling is that it won't be on.

Snowing in Bardon, Leicestershire now. Roads a nightmare coming in to work - I won't be doing it again tomorrow if it doesn't improve. I reckon about 3 inches have fallen in the last couple of hours, with no sign of stopping. Clubs generally offer free entry in return for clearing snow off the pitch. This won't be much of an incentive when the home fans are only paying a few quid to get in anyway!

Looking out the window at the moment my gut feeling is that it won't be on.

They might ask the away supporters to help with the snow shifting, in which case I'll tell 'em where to shove their shovels!

Oh ye of little faith! There's just less than 56 hours to go and likely to be rain in the meantime.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Oh ye of little faith! There's just less than 56 hours to go and likely to be rain in the meantime.

met office outlook for east midlands.

Cold with rain, sleet or snow.

Today:

Cloudy through the day with outbreaks of snow at times inland and over hills, rain or sleet more likely on and near the coast. Cold northeasterly winds. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Tonight:

The rain, sleet and snow mix will linger during the night, eventually starting to return southwards towards the morning. Continuing cold. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Friday:

Staying cloudy with further outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow. Cold northeasterly winds increasing in strength during the day. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Updated: 0409 on Thu 5 Feb 2009

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Mostly dry, sunny on Saturday, but scattered snow showers near eastern coasts. Rain, sleet and snow moving eastwards during Sunday. Dry with some sunshine on Monday. Continuing cold.

Updated: 0409 on Thu 5 Feb 2009

no undersoil heating??

seems abit strange to do a new stadium with no undersoil heating, i know st marys ant got it... hudds have i wonder who decides weather they have it or not

It's not just the pitch though is it? It's access to the ground, facilities inside/around the ground/transport links etc.

LCFC is extremely confident the match will go ahead.

Plans are in place to make sure the game goes ahead with the stadium and surrounding area clear of snow.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1546045,00.html