Tics Pub or Scum Pub?

I drive to and from work through Royton everyday and have been very disillusioned to see the Marstons Tavern draped in four or five scum flags, imagine my suprise tonight whilst I was driving home to see shiny, new blue and white chequered "LATICS" flags adorning the front of the same pub.

Just wondering if anyone drinks in there, is it a scum pub, has it just changed hands or have they been threatened by the Diego Sideburns Massive.

Whatever the reasons, its great to see the "Blue Flag Flying High" :lol:

I drive to and from work through Royton everyday and have been very disillusioned to see the Marstons Tavern draped in four or five scum flags, imagine my suprise tonight whilst I was driving home to see shiny, new blue and white chequered "LATICS" flags adorning the front of the same pub.

Just wondering if anyone drinks in there, is it a scum pub, has it just changed hands or have they been threatened by the Diego Sideburns Massive.

Not sure if it's a Scum pub or not, but as i can't make the match on Saturday, which is the best pub in Royton to watch the game at, I went in The White Hart after Stockport and it was a total scum pub?

Sorry if this question has already been asked

I noticed that. No doubt the red flags will be up again - in time for Uniteds game at West Ham on sunday.

Anything to tempt people to go and watch it in there I suppose.

Most places in Royton and Oldham for that matter are United pubs when United are playing. Carters is probably the worst around that way for it.

Andy. You'll be right watching it in the White Hart. It'll have a fair few Oldham in. I remember the Kings Lynn game. I was in there and it was rammed, in both the main bit and the pool bit at the back.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Not sure if it's a Scum pub or not, but as i can't make the match on Saturday, which is the best pub in Royton to watch the game at, I went in The White Hart after Stockport and it was a total scum pub?

Sorry if this question has already been asked

The Landlord at the White Hart is a red, but him and his son have STs at Latics and even go to away games.

It's not a red pub, but you do get a fair few in when they're on telly (where don't you?). I'd expect it to be on in there on Saturday.

I noticed that. No doubt the red flags will be up again - in time for Uniteds game at West Ham on sunday.

Anything to tempt people to go and watch it in there I suppose.

Most places in Royton and Oldham for that matter are United pubs when United are playing. Carters is probably the worst around that way for it.

The landlord is a Latics fan apparently, and assured us the match would be on in there on Saturday.

NB, I don't just go round scouting pubs every weekend. It was a one-off :blush:

The Carters arms is showing it on 4 large screens, it was a red big red pub but is now slowly coming back, there is Latics memoribllia up in the pub and tap room, I am the landlord now approx 3 months ago and go to every home and nearly every away game and have done twenty years.

It does not matter what pubs you think are Oldham pubs in the area if United are on then the plastics will be out in force, and show me a pub that will turn them away, especially in the current climate.

Anyway enjoy the game.

The Landlord at the White Hart is a red, but him and his son have STs at Latics and even go to away games.

It's not a red pub, but you do get a fair few in when they're on telly (where don't you?). I'd expect it to be on in there on Saturday.

the rifle range is a latics pub with the new royle bar and will be showing the match on 3 big screens and tvs all round the pub also free food on so get yourself down there

As Rocky says, they put whatever flags up they can to get people to go in to watch that weekend's live TV games.

It's a good pub to to watch the game in - happy hour (cheaper beer) whilst the game is on and cheap pub grub served.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Oldham flags tonight as I drove home....normally it's United n Chelsea flags.

They should keep at least one Oldham flag up permanently. I think they do have a picture of BP on the wall inside, but there might be a bit of United and City stuff on walls too. Same with Rays bar in Royton. Royton Tandoori Land has a pic of BP up on the wall.

The Summit has been hammered with Latics fans in the past for Oldham games on SKY, but other times it has been very quiet.

The Carters arms is showing it on 4 large screens, it was a red big red pub but is now slowly coming back, there is Latics memoribllia up in the pub and tap room, I am the landlord now approx 3 months ago and go to every home and nearly every away game and have done twenty years.

It does not matter what pubs you think are Oldham pubs in the area if United are on then the plastics will be out in force, and show me a pub that will turn them away, especially in the current climate.

Anyway enjoy the game.

The Carters showed some promise as a Latics pub after I was in there the other week (granted, an option forced on us by certain people disgracing themselves in the WH ;) previously). If they are doing £2 a drink and I was round there I would certainly be looking at that as an option.

Are many other pubs one way or the other these days? Most people who go to the pub to watch football consider themselves Manyoo, City, Scousers etc.

I watched Brentford away in the cup under Moore in there. Ghost pub that night.

Yes it was...remember it. I am right in thinking we played Spurs in the League Cup that was on TV a few years back aren't I - it was dead then in there too.

Probably have to go back to the Dowie era when it was last busy for and Oldham game.

I saw the Marstons flags when I was up for the Stockport game. Outrage! I was musing on how they'll probably get set alight at some point. Not that I'd condone flag burning of course but if a young chap, perhaps the worse for ale, was to squirt some kind of accelerant over the utd flags and then set them alight then I wouldnt be surprised.

Now they're flying a Latics flag......they can go f' themselves, they've already crossed the line. My custom has been lost forever - not that I liked the place anyway, rough hole - the last three times I was there the police turned up.

Apart from them being United flags it just makes the place look bloody awful. Another sign of Royton's slide into the abyss. It'll all look like the precinct in another 10 years. Doomed, it's doomed.