Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

BigfinLatic

Boom.

Transformers Trailer

Check out Optimus fighting the Fallen (or is it devastator, pretty sure it is th fallen) at the end. Awesome.

Right... I've decided to create the movie its own thread... purely as I'm so darned excited (plus i'm utterly snowed in, and rather bored :wink: )

Firstly, confirmed the full trailer will be shown before the new Friday 13th Film... so thats 1 week today before we get a proper look at this thing.... awesome...

But heres some things to notice that get you very excited about this mini-trailer...

- The dog like thing is widely accepted to be Ravage... quality..

- Following on from that... the Audi R8 is thought to be the new version of Soundwave, which is V cool, after all you cant bloody have him being a casette recorder in this version. If you noitice in the trailer two smaller robots jump down following him... supposed to be Rumble and Frenzy... so that just leaves Lazerbeak to see...

- The huge robot at the end is definitely Devastator... or allegedly part of him... if you look closely you can see he is made up of different bits, with a Crane and a Tractor as his arms... although it looks as if this is not all 7 constructicons...

Just awesome... very excited... no matter what Ackey says :wink:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... I've decided to create the movie its own thread... purely as I'm so darned excited (plus i'm utterly snowed in, and rather bored :wink: )

Firstly, confirmed the full trailer will be shown before the new Friday 13th Film... so thats 1 week today before we get a proper look at this thing.... awesome...

But heres some things to notice that get you very excited about this mini-trailer...

- The dog like thing is widely accepted to be Ravage... quality..

- Following on from that... the Audi R8 is thought to be the new version of Soundwave, which is V cool, after all you cant bloody have him being a casette recorder in this version. If you noitice in the trailer two smaller robots jump down following him... supposed to be Rumble and Frenzy... so that just leaves Lazerbeak to see...

- The huge robot at the end is definitely Devastator... or allegedly part of him... if you look closely you can see he is made up of different bits, with a Crane and a Tractor as his arms... although it looks as if this is not all 7 constructicons...

Just awesome... very excited... no matter what Ackey says :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first one... mainly for the excellent points Rummy makes below. But that said I found myself enjoying two and a half men with her in (If you've not seen it I suggest you do!! Example picture below!!)

megan-fox-39.jpg

Seriously, the first one's not awful. I just feel really let down by the animation. The reason transformers were cool as toys was that you unfold them and you're thinking "how did this robot manage to fold up to fit into that car?" and it's way cool. But in the film they're made up of such small parts it just lacks that immagination/awe.

The film was a bit predictable and easy too. Plus there were some awul continuation errors (giant glasses anyone!?) and the fact that the kid could run about carrying the allspark like it was a box of chocolates is just bloody awful!

But, the second one has the sexiest woman in cinema right now, so I'll watch it, even if Shia la stupid name is one of the worst actors of all time (SLB+Orlando Bloom = Hell)!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first one... mainly for the excellent points Rummy makes below. But that said I found myself enjoying two and a half men with her in (If you've not seen it I suggest you do!! Example picture below!!)

Seriously, the first one's not awful. I just feel really let down by the animation. The reason transformers were cool as toys was that you unfold them and you're thinking "how did this robot manage to fold up to fit into that car?" and it's way cool. But in the film they're made up of such small parts it just lacks that immagination/awe.

The film was a bit predictable and easy too. Plus there were some awul continuation errors (giant glasses anyone!?) and the fact that the kid could run about carrying the allspark like it was a box of chocolates is just bloody awful!

You are right, the first one isnt brilliant... however it is still transformers, therefore no matter how many shoddy uplit camera angles in soft light that Michael bay throws in - i'll still watch it, love it, and just be stunned to see a film version of the cartoon/toys that defined my childhood....

As for the transforming - are you sodding mental (in the nicest possible way! :wink: ) Just amzing sequences - the bit when Optimus transforms on the highway to fight Bonecrusher - just amazing...

As for the Allspark - it is explained that it changes size to accommodate for anything Michael Bay forgets/wants to do... as for the glasses.. err, not sure, seem to always remember them being small... however, i'm sure there are far more obvious mistakes than that....

As for the second one... well, this is where the true Transformers geek get really excited, they never had the budget (even with $100m+) to do what they really wanted in the first.... I think every transformers fan would say they wanted to see four things in the films - 1. Soundwave and co (Ravage, rumble etc..), 2. The Constructicons & Devastator (or any of the milti-team bots) 3. The Dinobots 4. Unicron (or his storyline - ie. The fallen)

... well, with 3 out of those 4 in this film - and allegedly the rumour of the Dino-Bots being central to the already contracted third film.... well, I just cant wait... no matter how terrible the acting is (I dont actually think Shia Leboef is that bad btw - just had some very hammy roles.... he is very good in disturbia)

... cant wait...

The first shaky version hits the net... oh my sweet jesus I cant wait for this....

Edited by BigfinLatic

• 1 month later...

Slurms, it all depends on what you were brought up on, i had hundreds of the damn toys, so i was transfixed.

The film could have been the biggest shower ever and i would have still liked it!

Slurms, it all depends on what you were brought up on, i had hundreds of the damn toys, so i was transfixed.

The film could have been the biggest shower ever and i would have still liked it!

Spot on Sir Beard! As i have said before... they could have just put two of the first gen toys on screen for 3 hours and I still would have watched it!

See Bay has realeased the first few names of the characters in this one... interesting things include Soundwave as a satellite (??). Skids and Mudflap as Autobot Twins (there were twins in the Gen 2 transformers... though I seem to rememeber them being an autobot and a decepticon... Sunchaser and ??? I'll remember eventually!)... he also seems to have called the leader of the Constructicons Demolishor - to make up for the fact he stupidly killed Bonecrusher in the first film.... also it appears there hat been some allegiance swapping with Jetfire being an autobot, and Wheelie being a Decepticon... <_<

.. but with 60 transformers rumoured to be in this one... lots more to come...

:)

Off topic, I absolutely adored the original Star Wars trilogy (eps IV,V and VI) and was obsessed with these as a kid. Like you with the transformers, I had loads of Star Wars toys including the Millenium Falcon and shedloads of figures.

However, even as a huge Star Wars fan, I could tell that the eps I,II and III were in the main absolutely dreadful. I pretend that these 3 films never happend and it was all a horrific nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...
I suspect Bigfin's got this site in his favourites, and apologies if it's been posted elsewhere, but have a trailery thing:

http://www.scificool.com/ridiculously-cool...rom-showest-09/

:shock:

OMFG!

*fawp*

Now this just looks better and better...

Loads of robots in the clip that they blatantly havent announced yet... could the old robot be Cup? Who knows... just looks amazing....

• 3 weeks later...