Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

BigfinLatic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dedication for you... I hate the cinema when it's full. I went to the midnight screening of Star Wars when that was released (free ticket) and it was full and hot and just awful. Plus people cheered sections of the film because they were such fanboys... the urge to slap was strong.

That's dedication for you... I hate the cinema when it's full. I went to the midnight screening of Star Wars when that was released (free ticket) and it was full and hot and just awful. Plus people cheered sections of the film because they were such fanboys... the urge to slap was strong.

Were they all dressed up in their luke skywalker costumes with their lightsabres

Thats far from the worst of it...

People cheered superman returns when we went to see that on imax

:shock:

Tonights the night!

I have the tickets, just need to dig out my 1984 Jazz T-Shirt!

It wont fit, but im gonna give it a good go!

BigFin is there at the moment... I guess I shoud put the spoiler warning on the thread ready for his return.

This is the last time I'm viewing this thread until next Saturday evening.

It's been emotional...

Worst thing about all these 'new media' sources, mobile phones and what not is it's getting harder and harder to avoid spoilers! Can you imagine trying to do the old "don't tell me the score I'm watching match of the day" thing these days?

OH MY GOD!!!

It was a veritable vvank fest, young boys who werent of an age when transformers the movie came out were dribbling, young girls looked bored, and people my age were crackin each other off....

And then i went to watch the film, I had some info from so called friends that this wasnt going to live up to expectations, but it delivered!

If you like the thought of giant robots kicking ten shades of :censored: out of each other, it is more than worth it.

Megan Fox lights up the screen all sweaty and running in slow motion towards the camera with her boobies bouncing like a cocker spaniel in a bin bag.

Some very funny moments, the Twins and Wheelie are the main light relief, and Sam's mother is quite funny also.

overall, a Beard rating of 8/10 great but ruined by Bay's eagerness for dramatic music in "Heartfelt" moments and the most over elaborate explosions.

OH MY GOD!!!

It was a veritable vvank fest, young boys who werent of an age when transformers the movie came out were dribbling, young girls looked bored, and people my age were crackin each other off....

And then i went to watch the film, I had some info from so called friends that this wasnt going to live up to expectations, but it delivered!

If you like the thought of giant robots kicking ten shades of :censored: out of each other, it is more than worth it.

Megan Fox lights up the screen all sweaty and running in slow motion towards the camera with her boobies bouncing like a cocker spaniel in a bin bag.

Some very funny moments, the Twins and Wheelie are the main light relief, and Sam's mother is quite funny also.

overall, a Beard rating of 8/10 great but ruined by Bay's eagerness for dramatic music in "Heartfelt" moments and the most over elaborate explosions.

*tries his absolute hardest not to give any blatant spoilers - there are some very big ones that could be said*

The transformers Geek inside of me absolutely agrees with you big man!

Right, this film aint perfect... but my god, when the big guys are on screen there are fireworks... the beginning, the rumble in the forest, and generally any time the big O is on screen is just electrifying.... they have really, really, decided that Optimus is going to be the ultimate baddass in this one, there are a couple of things he does that genuinely made me rease a little bit of sex wee... just amazing (even the Gen 3 - which I hate - influences at the end... and that will only be a spoiler if anyone is as big a TF geek as me, which is unlikely :wink: )

Love Jetfire... Love Ravage (even though they have changed his name to Rampage - why???!!).... and love that Bumblebee has become even more of a badass... also love that they are starting to develop the banter between starscreem and Megatron.... just to say also beardy... by wheelie I think you mean Sideswipe (the really cool silver car) - again for some reason they have made wheelie a decpticon, I think it was who Bee fights at the end... LOVING DEVASTATOR! The twins annoyed me at the start... but actually really liked them by the end (however, they were atually the only bits where the CGI looked a little shaky, I'm wondering if they were inserted later after screen tests, and a little rushed?)

There are problems with it... mainly again from a geeky perspective... firstly, you can literally feel Bay saying "errr... right we need to put in 20 minutes where we dont see any transformers - the budget men are having a fit" ... so some of it is utterly pointless.... also, I still dont feel he uses enough of the characters.... You have Arcee in this one, who gets a grand total of 1 line, and also although loving the inclusion of soundwave, would have loved to have seen Rumble & Frenzy as well as Ravage.... and also for me, the film really struggles when the introduce a load of unamed transformers at the end as cannon fodder... the whole point of the cartoon is thta every transformer has a personality, i'm much rather they develop the characters they have than just load it up with unkonwn 'bots..... and as you say, If I see another angled ground level shot looking up at somone silhuoetted by a sunrise/sunset... well I think I will throw something at the screen...

But... it hits the mark. The story is much better than the first... and actually follows actual transformers stories as opposed to the first one... (ie the Fallen, Matrix of Leadership etc...)... just cat wait to get in on DVD so i can just skip to all the bits with the robots fighting...

... and the scenes around the Uni dorm... my god... the women are hot. Worth the admission price alone.... So that leaves us with one real question after the film - who is hotter... Megan Fox.. or the new pretender, Isabel Lucas.... Hmmmmm

transformers-may14-isabel-lucas-cast.jpg

Edited by BigfinLatic

Isabel Lucas is what i like to refer to as light relief!

Megan Fox is well words cant describe!!!

As for Wheelie he was the remote control car, the coolest thing sideswipe does is when he is chasing the Decepticon Audi R8! (You know what i mean Al)

Isabel Lucas is what i like to refer to as light relief!

Megan Fox is well words cant describe!!!

As for Wheelie he was the remote control car, the coolest thing sideswipe does is when he is chasing the Decepticon Audi R8! (You know what i mean Al)

Ahh... i'm with you buddy... Yeah, Wheelie was cool.... some of his little side comments were class! Yup... that bit with sideswipe was atually one of the bet bits of the film, again... gave him a personality... would have loved to have seen more...

With you with the Isabel Lucas bit... however, Shia Leboef is one lucky fella!

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I've only just got around to posting in here.

Jeebus. What can I say? I love the IMAX. Seeing the 'bots, the Fox and the Lucas on a massive screen is an opportunity not to be missed.

Best bits? Prime, natch. Bee suddenly becoming a badass mo'fo'. The fight scene in the forest. Devastator getting NAILED by that railgun. Simmons actually being pretty cool. Jetfire.

It wasn't perfect (not enough Fox in denim shorts) but it was fan-bloody-tastic.

I'm going to the normal cinema to watch it next week.