Loans from Monday for a maximum of 93 days, up to and including the first leg of the Play-offs. Unlike Danny Jones, whose loan period extends to the end of the Play-offs.

So does that mean that if we wait until 27 February to start the loan we will have the guy for Wemberlee? :wink:

So does that mean that if we wait until 27 February to start the loan we will have the guy for Wemberlee? :wink:

Yes I would think so.......Anyway I can't see the point of bringing someone in for a month unless it's to cover for injuries / suspension.

We should be gearing up for the playoffs at this stage and getting a settled eleven playing as often as possible.

If we do want extra competition for places then we should wait for a couple of weeks and thus have them available for the playoffs otherwise what's the point!!!

Loans from Monday for a maximum of 93 days, up to and including the first leg of the Play-offs. Unlike Danny Jones, whose loan period extends to the end of the Play-offs.

That raises interesting questions about finding the balance between bringing in a player now - to give him time to settle in to the team and make a difference, or deferring it with a view to having him available at Wembley - running the risk of the existing squad messing it up first.

Yes I would think so.......Anyway I can't see the point of bringing someone in for a month unless it's to cover for injuries / suspension.

We should be gearing up for the playoffs at this stage and getting a settled eleven playing as often as possible.

If we do want extra competition for places then we should wait for a couple of weeks and thus have them available for the playoffs otherwise what's the point!!!

so your happy to carry on as we are then presumably,as we have had pretty much a settled 11 most of the season...even if some of them are crap...

you sure you dont want a central midfielder to come in and show us what we been missing...

no harm bringing in a player providing there better than what we currently have,and add something to the squad,i dont see much point brining in someone like for like who is no better than we already have,what does that say to the players who cant get a game that the manager prefers to bring someone in rather than give them a go...

also if it is feasable,bring one in next week then wait until end of feb to bring another one in,things may have changed if hughes is crocked,achilies take time to heal.

so your happy to carry on as we are then presumably,as we have had pretty much a settled 11 most of the season...even if some of them are crap...

you sure you dont want a central midfielder to come in and show us what we been missing...

no harm bringing in a player providing there better than what we currently have,and add something to the squad,i dont see much point brining in someone like for like who is no better than we already have,what does that say to the players who cant get a game that the manager prefers to bring someone in rather than give them a go...

also if it is feasable,bring one in next week then wait until end of feb to bring another one in,things may have changed if hughes is crocked,achilies take time to heal.

I would have liked nothing more than to bring in a Kilkenny type during the window as we desperately need drive and guile in the centre of midfield but it didn't happen and we've just got to get on with it!!!

To make sure of at least a playoff position I think a midfield addition is an absolute must, but Like you say as long as he's better than we already have and that he will be available for selection in the playoffs!!

As for a settled side we've played 21 different players in 28 games. Yes, some positions are settled but some aren't...like the fullback positions where we have used 6 six different players already!!