Should have won that...

Sure, we're all grateful for a point tonight, especially after the 2 let offs in the first half and the crap penalty from Fryatt. But I really thought had we not gone down to ten men, as the game worn on we looked the more likely to score and having Dean Windass up front with Hughes I'm pretty sure we'd have won that game.

It was clearly an off day for them, and we should have made more of that. In hindsight, the awful backpass by Maher has cost us a win.

I'm happy for a point though, but can't help thinking we should have won the game.

Sure, we're all grateful for a point tonight, especially after the 2 let offs in the first half and the crap penalty from Fryatt. But I really thought had we not gone down to ten men, as the game worn on we looked the more likely to score and having Dean Windass up front with Hughes I'm pretty sure we'd have won that game.

It was clearly an off day for them, and we should have made more of that. In hindsight, the awful backpass by Maher has cost us a win.

I'm happy for a point though, but can't help thinking we should have won the game.

Yeah after an excellent first half we looked more and more likely to score. But i always had the niggling feeling - knowing oldham - we'd sod it well and truely up, which was coming in their only two attempts of the first half when Howard hit the post and Golbourne blocked Cleverley(?).

Although Maher's backpass ballsed it up a bit, Greg knew he did wrong as soon as he made contact and had no complaints. But after todays performance, it would be unfair to think about what may have been and who cost us what as we played superbly throughout the second half after. Although you naturally think what impact we'd have had with 11 men.

Personally would have taken a point before the game, and the lads bottle and grit in getting that point makes it a good point.

Yeah after an excellent first half we looked more and more likely to score. But i always had the niggling feeling - knowing oldham - we'd sod it well and truely up, which was coming in their only two attempts of the first half when Howard hit the post and Golbourne blocked Cleverley(?).

Although Maher's backpass ballsed it up a bit, Greg knew he did wrong as soon as he made contact and had no complaints. But after todays performance, it would be unfair to think about what may have been and who cost us what as we played superbly throughout the second half after. Although you naturally think what impact we'd have had with 11 men.

Personally would have taken a point before the game, and the lads bottle and grit in getting that point makes it a good point.

The thing is that, although we did go down to 10 men with the sending off, if Fleming had not fouled the lad he would have almost certainly scored - Windass did enough to delay the penalty and Fryatt lost his composure and with it the chance to give Leicester the goal - :lol:

The thing is that, although we did go down to 10 men with the sending off, if Fleming had not fouled the lad he would have almost certainly scored - Windass did enough to delay the penalty and Fryatt lost his composure and with it the chance to give Leicester the goal - :lol:

Yeah without a doubt. Luckily this time round it didnt cost us :wink:

Yeah without a doubt. Luckily this time round it didnt cost us :wink:

we did well to take the point , especially with that numpty of a ref. although we should have had a penalty for the taylor upending, cant believe he booked him, it was a clear penalty as shown in the replays.

we did well to take the point , especially with that numpty of a ref. although we should have had a penalty for the taylor upending, cant believe he booked him, it was a clear penalty as shown in the replays.

yeah it was ridiculous. However one of the worst decisions in the game i thought was on smalley in corner flag.

yeah it was ridiculous. However one of the worst decisions in the game i thought was on smalley in corner flag.

im more than happy with a point under the circumstances...however poor finishing did let us down.....i think maybe hughes could of come off sooner as he was knackered after chasing everything he did,i think had lewis had a bit more time and that ball came to him he would of scored...

the ref was diabolical...lucky only one pen,taylors blatant flick of the elbow in the box to stop a shot.

how the hell when a player takes the ball in the corner to wind the clock down he gets penalised i will never know.

also if taylor was booked for diving,there player went down under a challenge,surely if no pen it was a dive...

dont think tsylors card was for dissent,you could obviously see him mouthing why,why not a penalty,no malice or shouting or swearing....

im more than happy with a point under the circumstances...however poor finishing did let us down.....i think maybe hughes could of come off sooner as he was knackered after chasing everything he did,i think had lewis had a bit more time and that ball came to him he would of scored...

Lewis had an age, he let himself and his team down there. Just saying it as it is. That said, Hughes should have scored too.

There's been lots of talk about the penalty not given but not sure if anybody's mentioned Hughesy being flagged for offside when he was one on one. The replay showed him to be on! :angry: Mind you he would have missed anyway going off some of his recent goal attempts!

Lewis had an age, he let himself and his team down there. Just saying it as it is. That said, Hughes should have scored too.

There's been lots of talk about the penalty not given but not sure if anybody's mentioned Hughesy being flagged for offside when he was one on one. The replay showed him to be on! :angry: Mind you he would have missed anyway going off some of his recent goal attempts!

yes it showed it and even my dad said he wasnt off....yet howard was moaning like a big girl when he clearly was.

think hughes was flagged twice when he wasnt....

also think if hughes had taken his last shot a bit further he may have had a better chance,unless the keepers dodgy then your not going to beat him from edge of box at that angle,least if the keeper commits he has a choice.

Exactly, absolutely nothing else Fleming could have done. We should play with a fat midget 39 year old striker in goal more often, it seems to suit us.

I've been thinking about people saying we should have won. Maybe it isn't should. Maybe it's COULD.

We shouldn't have won it. We went down to 10 men, they had a penalty and we had a striker in goal. We SHOULD have lost the game.

But the lads showed great character, determination and battled til the end. We had some cracking chances. So we COULD have won it.

I've been thinking about people saying we should have won. Maybe it isn't should. Maybe it's COULD.

We shouldn't have won it. We went down to 10 men, they had a penalty and we had a striker in goal. We SHOULD have lost the game.

But the lads showed great character, determination and battled til the end. We had some cracking chances. So we COULD have won it.

Agreed as Leciester could have easily won 3-0 had things been a little different. Despite our unluckiness with the officials we still had some luck.

Shouldawouldacoulda Jacs. I dunno, after being quite elated at the performance, and the result, I just felt after the couple of let-offs we were getting stronger. It was one of those games where it was never going to go for Leicester, and we did enough to win the game I feel. Yeah, I think should is the correct verb here.

But one thing it has reinforced. We have a team that can match the best in the division. But we need it to be motivated for the cold, quiet home games against minor opposition.

If any of our players had scored Im sure both the referee and the arseistant (:o) )

would have found a way of not allowing it !!!!!! meh !!!

You're spot on there mate. The ref and linos were shocking! I think he booked Taylor for "Looking at me in a funny way".... Apologies to "Not The Nine O'Clock News"... "Savage, you're a bigot".

Yes, I saw it over internet but I was gutted when "they" turned over at the end to watch end of Pompey match instead of post-match interviews etc.... I might ask for my 3 quid back! lol :grin: