Raining on the parade

I want to bring everyone back down to earth a little after reading what I have read.

No doubt when circumstances are considered it was a very well earnt point, but it could and should have been a whole lot better.

We had several really good chances which should have been buried tonight, and were the better team for long periods of the game against a very ordinary looking side and apparently that is what they are - they just have that 90 minute plus attitude that gets them out of jail and a consistency to grind out 3 rather than one point.

Doubtlessly we didn't get the rub of the green, but the three points were there for the taking, Hughes had several opportunities, Lewis had a golden one if he had not choked completely. Seeing the game live I thought that our penalty shout was 50-50 at best, Taylor made a meal of a fairly innocuous tackle, if he was caught or not it was difficult to tell from the stands.

Applying a reasonable rationale it is a great point away from home at the league leaders, but other than the last quarter of the first half I thought we were the more inventive and creative team and with a little more 'cool' about our play we could and should have come away with three points.

MoM?? I thought half our team were unexeptional today whilst the other half covered themselves in glory due to the fact that we had to work 1/11ths harder per man to get what we got. This doesn't take into account a shocking collective from the officials. At times we were playing 13 and 14.

Smalley, Hughes, Greegs, Allot and Hazell stand up and take a bow chaps, sterling work from you all.

The rest, well just ordinary but good enough to match a very ordinary opposition.

Derek.

I sky plused the game and watched it today after being at the Walkers yesterday. I thought we were excellent in most parts and I think all of the players had a good game.

Fleming did well when called upon but couldn't do anything about the pen/sending off. The fullbacks were very good especially as leicester have two of the best wingers in the division. Apart from the obvious stupid back pass Maher did good in the centre. Taylor, goes down a bit easily yes but it was def a penalty (as also agreed by Sky, BBC, various newspapers, Leicester and various neutrals) and it was a foul on him in the first half just outside the box. The guy was everywhere and was man of the match for me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Sheridan is just tactically naive, plain and simple and one dimensional in his outlook. Why did we have a goalkeeper on in the first place? We should have just told Fleming to play fly goalie and link up with Windass and Hughes up front. Rubbish.

I think there are a smiley or two missing from the post you replied to. :grin:

Yes I agree Derek. We needed somone to play the crucial role of hitting the corner flag from 1 yard out and not passing to Hughes in front of an open goal and then most importantly to get the sarnies from Tesco's at half time with Alan Hardy.

Also, Windass was anonymous after he went in the net. He just wasn't linking up with Hughes at all and his distribution was very poor. Perhaps if he'd put in a bit more effort in with Eardley we might have got the winner but NO he just seemed content to just hang around our goal with a big GREEN shirt on. That sort of display won't get us in the Championship.

Excellent post ! :lol: I couldn't agree more.