Raining on the parade

He isnt even going to the games yet we have to tollerate his in depth reviews of the progress of Chris Taylor... Thats so funny I cant even be arsed commenting on it :D

It interesting to see that we arent the only team with such fans making silly comments. Lecister fans have been ripping into their 25 goal forward...

You don't have to tolerate my opinions at all.

I was at the game and say it as I see it. From what I remember we played 3rd division Leicester City yesterday, the way people are going on it makes it sound like we were playing Inter and AC Milan combined.

Derek.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS...

Derek is clearly just ona wind up mission...

So Eardley was average ???? Windass shouldnt take a bow ?? Up frnnt he played some brilliant balls... He is slow granted but this isnt the Prem!

Your either on a wind up or your in line for the least knowledgable user award this season....

Your hatred for Taylor is pretty borng now...

I get the impression from reading the time of the post 04:59am that Derek may have been a little pished when he wrote that :drinking::drinking45:

, but the three points were there for the taking

We're not that good,but the expectations that some fans(?) have is ridiculous. It's a great point,but bollocks to that,lets do what we do best eh, moan,moan, moan

I agree that it was a great point, but why must we have permanently low expectations?

Most fans on here seem to agree that this is the strongest squad we can hope for, and that, should we fail to go up, budget cutbacks are likely. It seems to me, then, that high expectations are exactly the order of the day.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I want to bring everyone back down to earth a little after reading what I have read.

No doubt when circumstances are considered it was a very well earnt point, but it could and should have been a whole lot better.

We had several really good chances which should have been buried tonight, and were the better team for long periods of the game against a very ordinary looking side and apparently that is what they are - they just have that 90 minute plus attitude that gets them out of jail and a consistency to grind out 3 rather than one point.

Doubtlessly we didn't get the rub of the green, but the three points were there for the taking, Hughes had several opportunities, Lewis had a golden one if he had not choked completely. Seeing the game live I thought that our penalty shout was 50-50 at best, Taylor made a meal of a fairly innocuous tackle, if he was caught or not it was difficult to tell from the stands.

Applying a reasonable rationale it is a great point away from home at the league leaders, but other than the last quarter of the first half I thought we were the more inventive and creative team and with a little more 'cool' about our play we could and should have come away with three points.

MoM?? I thought half our team were unexeptional today whilst the other half covered themselves in glory due to the fact that we had to work 1/11ths harder per man to get what we got. This doesn't take into account a shocking collective from the officials. At times we were playing 13 and 14.

Smalley, Hughes, Greegs, Allot and Hazell stand up and take a bow chaps, sterling work from you all.

The rest, well just ordinary but good enough to match a very ordinary opposition.

Derek.

Our defence kept a clean sheet with 10 men and dean windass in net vs the best team in the league but you still want to moan. How about next time you keep your opinion to yourself because it isn't worth much and i imagine not many people want to hear it.

Best result we could get because it instils some much needed confidence into the defence.

Cheers up fellas - if you want consistancy and real quality football your watching the wrong tier of football.

Without developing consistency we are, as we have seen over the past dozen or so years, stuck in the third division forever, with nothing to look forward to apart from, if we are lucky with the playing budget, the occasional failed play-off semi, or a 'desperately exciting' last day must-win game to avoid the ignominy of a drop into the basement (which would be the end for this club.)

Good displays like yesterday's are useless if, in the next game, the team huffs and puffs and gets precisely nowhere, as against Swindon.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Our defence kept a clean sheet with 10 men and dean windass in net vs the best team in the league but you still want to moan. How about next time you keep your opinion to yourself because it isn't worth much and i imagine not many people want to hear it.

For the most part, I disagree with Derek about yesterday, but what's the point of a discussion forum without conflicting opinions?

Yes I agree Derek. We needed somone to play the crucial role of hitting the corner flag from 1 yard out and not passing to Hughes in front of an open goal and then most importantly to get the sarnies from Tesco's at half time with Alan Hardy.

Also, Windass was anonymous after he went in the net. He just wasn't linking up with Hughes at all and his distribution was very poor. Perhaps if he'd put in a bit more effort in with Eardley we might have got the winner but NO he just seemed content to just hang around our goal with a big GREEN shirt on. That sort of display won't get us in the Championship.

I totally agree. Man of the Match? You're having a laugh. Missing in action in the second half. Waste of space.

Also, I thought he could have gone up for some of our set pieces late in the game, seeing as a point is obviously absolutely no good to us. Lazy, uncommitted journeyman. Only here for the retirement pay. Shez's tactics have to questioned too. They were only an ordinary side eighteen points ahead of us in the league, so when Fleming went, we should simply have played without a goalie.

Bet the neutrals loved the match last neet - the MK Dons fan that came watchin it certainly did - can anyone remember an emergency keeper playin so well? Brill atmos, great sprirt, faultless displays (Maher's header exception) - absolutely buzzed off it - well done Tics players fans n all!

Without developing consistency we are, as we have seen over the past dozen or so years, stuck in the third division forever, with nothing to look forward to apart from, if we are lucky with the playing budget, the occasional failed play-off semi, or a 'desperately exciting' last day must-win game to avoid the ignominy of a drop into the basement (which would be the end for this club.)

Good displays like yesterday's are useless if, in the next game, the team huffs and puffs and gets precisely nowhere, as against Swindon.

No matter what the posts topic is about you always answer / or lead to the same points to make over and over again.

Corp .. please find something else to talk about or.........

No matter what the posts topic is about you always answer / or lead to the same points to make over and over again.

Corp .. please find something else to talk about or.........

Show me where the rules of this forum state that there's a limit on how often you're allowed to make certain points.

Bet the neutrals loved the match last neet - the MK Dons fan that came watchin it certainly did - can anyone remember an emergency keeper playin so well? Brill atmos, great sprirt, faultless displays (Maher's header exception) - absolutely buzzed off it - well done Tics players fans n all!

Phil Jagielka went in net for Sheffield United a few years back when Paddy Kenny got injured, and they beat Arsenal 1-0. Not sure how long he played in net, but I think it was a considerable period of time.

Phil Jagielka went in net for Sheffield United a few years back when Paddy Kenny got injured, and they beat Arsenal 1-0. Not sure how long he played in net, but I think it was a considerable period of time.

Yeah just about to mention that, didn't he save a penalty or make an outstanding save?

I know he was the reason why Warnock never had a sub keeper even though the reserves were all fit.

Darren Beckford when he went in goal for an injured Paul Gerrard in April '96 v Wolves at BP. Did as well as Windass did last night but that was 11 v 11 and it was US that missed a pen. Creaney....the cretin!

Darren Beckford when he went in goal for an injured Paul Gerrard in April '96 v Wolves at BP. Did as well as Windass did last night but that was 11 v 11 and it was US that missed a pen. Creaney....the cretin!

I was only 8 or 9 when that game took place so my memory is a bit hazy about that, but I was sure Beckford hardly had anything to do.

So basically derek, you're saying they played well enough to win it, but didn't. So we shouldn't priase the players for getting a draw vs top of the league with 10 men for 40 mins and creating chances too. And being denied a penalty but getting a booking for a dive that wasn't (nor in the 1st half just outside the box).

You're becoming a parody of negativity derek.

A silly bit of name calling for anyone who's prepared to praise that performance too (happy clappy idiots?). Childish.

A nice little dig at anyone who didn't go. Ooh get your ticket stubs out. Being there doesn't make you right, or even make your opinion any more valid.

As for the "if you don't like it don't read it" - that's one of the oldest, most illogical statements to put on a discussion board.

All in all, yes, an attention seeking, self-agrandising post.

You may want to see football die. In which case why go?

Spot on real, i didn't really fancy us before the game yesterday after some of our performances in the last few weeks but yesterday the TEAM showed they are capable of being competative in this league if only we could produce it week in week out. Great day yesterday enjoyed it immensely. OTID

I agree with a fair bit of what you say corp but I do disagree with this.

For weeks we have fervently looked for a turning point to our season. In 89/90 it was the home win vs Plymouth, in 92/93 it was Adams late brace vs Everton at Goodison. During Stitch's first season in charge it was Shaun Garnett's late equaliser at home to Luton on Good Friday etc... last night was the turning point of this season. It wasn't Windass' fantastic show in goal nope it was Smalley's first-half cruncher. If our lightweight winger's have stepped up to the plate in terms of fighting for the right to get out of this division then the corner could well and truly have been turned. No more excuses, the desire IS there let's have more of the same and a minimum of 8 more wins will see us make the play offs. get them asap and who knows?

For months I have questioned Shez's ability, last night he finally stepped up to the plate by out thinking the opposition manager. He finally had the full-backs pushing up and instead of worrying about Leicester's threats out wide, they were more bothered about our marauding full-backs. well done Shez and just in time for DJ's return too!

I agree with a fair bit of what you say corp but I do disagree with this.

For weeks we have fervently looked for a turning point to our season. In 89/90 it was the home win vs Plymouth, in 92/93 it was Adams late brace vs Everton at Goodison. During Stitch's first season in charge it was Shaun Garnett's late equaliser at home to Luton on Good Friday etc... last night was the turning point of this season. It wasn't Windass' fantastic show in goal nope it was Smalley's first-half cruncher. If our lightweight winger's have stepped up to the plate in terms of fighting for the right to get out of this division then the corner could well and truly have been turned. No more excuses, the desire IS there let's have more of the same and a minimum of 8 more wins will see us make the play offs. get them asap and who knows?

For months I have questioned Shez's ability, last night he finally stepped up to the plate by out thinking the opposition manager. He finally had the full-backs pushing up and instead of worrying about Leicester's threats out wide, they were more bothered about our marauding full-backs. well done Shez and just in time for DJ's return too!

I don't see how we're at odds, as I am merely bemoaning the lack of consistency shown so far this season (as with so many previous seasons.)

I hope you are correct and that yesterday does indeed prove to be the turning point.

I want to bring everyone back down to earth a little after reading what I have read.

No doubt when circumstances are considered it was a very well earnt point, but it could and should have been a whole lot better.

We had several really good chances which should have been buried tonight, and were the better team for long periods of the game against a very ordinary looking side and apparently that is what they are - they just have that 90 minute plus attitude that gets them out of jail and a consistency to grind out 3 rather than one point.

Doubtlessly we didn't get the rub of the green, but the three points were there for the taking, Hughes had several opportunities, Lewis had a golden one if he had not choked completely. Seeing the game live I thought that our penalty shout was 50-50 at best, Taylor made a meal of a fairly innocuous tackle, if he was caught or not it was difficult to tell from the stands.

Applying a reasonable rationale it is a great point away from home at the league leaders, but other than the last quarter of the first half I thought we were the more inventive and creative team and with a little more 'cool' about our play we could and should have come away with three points.

MoM?? I thought half our team were unexeptional today whilst the other half covered themselves in glory due to the fact that we had to work 1/11ths harder per man to get what we got. This doesn't take into account a shocking collective from the officials. At times we were playing 13 and 14.

Smalley, Hughes, Greegs, Allot and Hazell stand up and take a bow chaps, sterling work from you all.

The rest, well just ordinary but good enough to match a very ordinary opposition.

Derek.

We had 63% possession in the first half - allright we didn't find the net with all that possession but against the league leaders away how can that not be a bit special?

I agree we could have even have nicked it but on the other hand they hit the post - christ knows how it stayed out - maybe Gods on our side eh? - but all in all that was a supurb performance under extremis. 10 men against 11 plus a lino.

Give credit where it's due man.