Raining on the parade

So basically derek, you're saying they played well enough to win it, but didn't. So we shouldn't priase the players for getting a draw vs top of the league with 10 men for 40 mins and creating chances too. And being denied a penalty but getting a booking for a dive that wasn't (nor in the 1st half just outside the box).

You're becoming a parody of negativity derek.

A silly bit of name calling for anyone who's prepared to praise that performance too (happy clappy idiots?). Childish.

A nice little dig at anyone who didn't go. Ooh get your ticket stubs out. Being there doesn't make you right, or even make your opinion any more valid.

As for the "if you don't like it don't read it" - that's one of the oldest, most illogical statements to put on a discussion board.

All in all, yes, an attention seeking, self-agrandising post.

You may want to see football die. In which case why go?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like it, don't read it.

Attention seeking - not on your nelly, just sick of all the fawning praise heaped upon half arsed and half hearted players.

I'm going to love the death of football, one day it will jump up its own self super inflated arse and take every happy clappy clown with it.

The pragmatists such as myself will shrug our shoulders and go and support some no marks in the Tandle Hills Lovely Sunday 11 League.

Sheridans blue and white army clap clap clap, Lee Hughes is the best thing since sliced Hovis clap clap clap. It's all a bunch of bollocks.

Derek.

The negative man (idiot) wins every time he loses :lol:

After All said and done what happened in the 17th Minute was an epiphany moment for me!

A 50/50 challenge in which Deane Smalley went in like a man possessed and won the ball with a thunderous challenge!

I cheered that like a goal and in my eyes this is one of those games that you just have to let fly and accept that the lads gave their all and its not a game to dissect afterwards, Just build on the back of a committed performance away from home against a side that sits at the top of the table!

The team, and Sheridan deserved that point, and its one of the most deserved points we will get all year!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I want to bring everyone back down to earth a little after reading what I have read.

No doubt when circumstances are considered it was a very well earnt point, but it could and should have been a whole lot better.

We had several really good chances which should have been buried tonight, and were the better team for long periods of the game against a very ordinary looking side and apparently that is what they are - they just have that 90 minute plus attitude that gets them out of jail and a consistency to grind out 3 rather than one point.

Doubtlessly we didn't get the rub of the green, but the three points were there for the taking, Hughes had several opportunities, Lewis had a golden one if he had not choked completely. Seeing the game live I thought that our penalty shout was 50-50 at best, Taylor made a meal of a fairly innocuous tackle, if he was caught or not it was difficult to tell from the stands.

Applying a reasonable rationale it is a great point away from home at the league leaders, but other than the last quarter of the first half I thought we were the more inventive and creative team and with a little more 'cool' about our play we could and should have come away with three points.

MoM?? I thought half our team were unexeptional today whilst the other half covered themselves in glory due to the fact that we had to work 1/11ths harder per man to get what we got. This doesn't take into account a shocking collective from the officials. At times we were playing 13 and 14.

Smalley, Hughes, Greegs, Allot and Hazell stand up and take a bow chaps, sterling work from you all.

The rest, well just ordinary but good enough to match a very ordinary opposition.

Derek.

Bloody Hell, Wilson, even I think you're overreacting - they were class yesterday. Every last one of them.

I want to bring everyone back down to earth a little after reading what I have read.?????

Why would you want to? ypo are either....

A stupid

B very Angry

C stupid

and as far as havin a dig at those who didnt go, since you got married, by your own admission your games have been few and far between.

Its tough bein a Tic right now,,,,dont bring anyone back down to earth, let people have thier time

JACKO

Don't like it, don't read it.

Attention seeking - not on your nelly, just sick of all the fawning praise heaped upon half arsed and half hearted players.

I'm going to love the death of football, one day it will jump up its own self super inflated arse and take every happy clappy clown with it.

The pragmatists such as myself will shrug our shoulders and go and support some no marks in the Tandle Hills Lovely Sunday 11 League.

Sheridans blue and white army clap clap clap, Lee Hughes is the best thing since sliced Hovis clap clap clap. It's all a bunch of bollocks.

Derek.

Thats a simple one to remedy, dont go to Latics or professional football in general !

Wilson, You do seem very bitter about something ? in my opinion, which I hope doesn't offend you. Afterall your opinion doesn't offened me, frankly it makes me laugh <_<

Can't see much wrong with what Dereks posted really.

Wondered when you would arrive, been monitoring the situation then SHOCK, HORROR here you are, people wising up to your negativity so you try an jump on someone else's band wagon...go start your own post mr Original...

Can't see much wrong with what Dereks posted really.

Thats because you both have your glases half empty :D

Cheers up fellas - if you want consistancy and real quality football your watching the wrong tier of football. You can still get season tickets for some prem teams

If the players were consitant they wouldn't be in this league - its as simple as that. Thats why we got hammered at Hereford, then put in a great performance yesterday against a good leicester sid with 2 very handy strikers

Well done yesterday lads

Wondered when you would arrive, been monitoring the situation then SHOCK, HORROR here you are, people wising up to your negativity so you try an jump on someone else's band wagon...go start your own post mr Original...

People will start to talk....they even might think we know each other.

We were the obvious underdogs yesterday, in everybody's eyes and none more so than the "big club" orientated garbage spouters that barfed on about Leicester in the pre-match program. I thought the commentators were much more realistic and commented frequently about our players and generally were in love with Steve Howard, who I saw as a moaning whinger.

I assume the Leicester fans were of the same mind and thought all they had to do was show up. A bit like Latics at Hereford. However, it soon became obvious, after Sheridan had sprung the surprise inclusion of "rated doubtful" Hughes and switched the wing players, that Leicester were not as cock-sure as they might have been beforehand. Same goes for their fans.

In MY opinion, Latics played with passion and skill, commitment in the tackle and supportive of each other. No complaints, if we played like that more often, we may be in an auto spot by now. We're not, so now Sheridan has to prove his motivation skills and make them play like that every week.

I don't buy into any "Leicester having an off-day" excuse. We were better than they expected us to be. This could be the catalyst for Leicester doing what Swansea did and start experiencing the self-doubt that sees them start to wobble.

As for Derek, well he is entitled to his opinion, the only thing I found hurtful was his comment about :censored: Sky viewers. That really wasn't necessary, as we can't all afford to go to away games and for me, it was just nice to be able to see them on the road. Still, it is no excuse to insult Derek. So I won't.

Edited by TrikkiNikki

There is nothing there that is critical. It is just a balancing post.

From some of the things that I have read on here it is the greatest point earnt since the almighty invented football. It's Leicester at the top of division 3. It's no great shakes in the grand scheme of things because they were less good than us on the day. We could and should have won without being at our best.

We afforded ourselves the luxury of Fleming having nothing to do other than getting sent off by our own self destructive undoing.

Gouldbourne - great clearance off the line but absolutely cock all else to do because Deane Smalley worked his socks off in front of him. He did basics well but that doesn't mean he had an exceptional game.

Eardley - defensively he still looks to me that he is running through treacle, and looked like he was out of position a lot. Going forward, I was glad to see that Haining had gotten his boots back.

Maher - tidy doing regulation stuff, but does that deserve individual praise? I think not.

Taylor - I can't believe how much his game has taken a turn for the worse. He's diving all over the place again, as soft as a bag of flour. My bile is rising against the lad again and I am beginning to think the start of the season was a blip as opposed to the rest of his last 18 months of very frustrating prima donna :censored: .

Windass, great stint in the sticks will make his blog look fab, but upfront, he is either too clever or too cocky for the rest of our team to read. I don't know which. He is too bloody slow though.

God give us back a Davies figure, :censored: all up top but the pace of a gazelle. He would have ripped that number 25 of theirs a new arsehole tonight.

Derek.

Your hatred of our ginger lad is becoming rather irksome !!

Your negative title just says it all - after watching that match, it felt like we won he game 3-0 - under the circumstances can fully understand that feeling.

There is always a few people with a 1/2 glass empty - we are all different that's what makes the world such a great place but your ludicrous vendetta against Tayls is getting a bit pathetic!

Just when I thought I was turning into Derk, I read this post and it shows me I've got a long way to go yet.

Can't say anything negative about the players (will come onto the manager in a minute) last night. They gave it their all. OK Eards sliced more out than he kept in, Maher lost concentration for a split second, Lewi soacked his boots in treacle before he came on, and Taylor only beat his man one in four.

But what can't be faulted is their collective attitude and commitment. We were the better team, simple as. And, once our mind was on it, we were going to do anything but lose that game.

Gave me a lift no end last night watching that. But sorry all, it panned to the manager and negativity seeped back in.

We've been extremely fortunate the past 10 games or so with having no keeper on the bench but last night it bit us on the @rse...regardless of the final result. We were fortunate Leicester lost their head when we lost Fleming. A bit of composure in the final 3rd and it could've been a rout. Rather than 10 men we were effectively playing with 9. But why?

What's wrong with sticking a young keeper on the bench? Do we really need 4, let alone 5 outfield subs? How often does Shez use his full entitlement of subs anyway? Was Lee honestly going to get on the pitch ahead of Lidds and Whitts?

Anyway, the only negative last night for me but luckily we got through it.

Great performance. Which should take us nicely up to a dour 90 against Northampton.

E4e

PRIDE

He has: Smalley, Hughes, Greegs, Allot and Hazell stand up and take a bow chaps, sterling work from you all.

The rest, well just ordinary but good enough to match a very ordinary opposition.

But he's wrong. :wink:

FFS...

Derek is clearly just ona wind up mission...

So Eardley was average ???? Windass shouldnt take a bow ?? Up frnnt he played some brilliant balls... He is slow granted but this isnt the Prem!

Your either on a wind up or your in line for the least knowledgable user award this season....

Your hatred for Taylor is pretty borng now...

Edited by oafc0000

In MY opinion, Latics played with passion and skill, commitment in the tackle and supportive of each other. No complaints, if we played like that more often, we may be in an auto spot by now. We're not, so now Sheridan has to prove his motivation skills and make them play like that every week.

Just summarised the reasons for where we could be and where we are.

The bolded word should read "would".

The potential to deliver this season has always been there.

Edited by opinions4u

FFS...

Derek is clearly just ona wind up mission...

So Eardley was average ???? Windass shouldnt take a bow ?? Up frnnt he played some brilliant balls... He is slow granted but this isnt the Prem!

Your either on a wind up or your in line for the least knowledgable user award this season....

Your hatred for Taylor is pretty borng now...

He took great joy in announcing (several times) that he hadn't been much this season, for various excuses reasons, so that's an interesting point, 0000.

He took great joy in announcing (several times) that he hadn't been much this season, for various excuses reasons, so that's an interesting point, 0000.

He isnt even going to the games yet we have to tollerate his in depth reviews of the progress of Chris Taylor... Thats so funny I cant even be arsed commenting on it :D

It interesting to see that we arent the only team with such fans making silly comments. Lecister fans have been ripping into their 25 goal forward...

Edited by oafc0000

Although I often find Derek's critique of certain players a little, erm, eccentric, he does touch an a valid point in his very first line.

We have a lot of incredibly fickle fans with incredibly short memories.

Last week it was all doom and gloom and sack the manager after failing to beat Swindon (and a ridiculously stubborn refusal to accept a very good second half performance simply because we didn't win), then a week later every player's a hero and we're the second best team in the league and we'll be going up no problem after the lads get a well deserved point at Leicester. And I'm certain, more certain than I am of anything in the whole world, that if we fail to beat Northampton on Saturday (whatever the circumstances) it'll be back to abusing the players, calling for the manager's head and predictions that we'll be lucky to finish in the top ten.

It's getting stupid, and I should think alot of people are getting just a bit bored of it.