Fancy paying to see me die?

Its that time of year again when i need to start getting sponsored by people to do the Manchester 10k run. I said after last year that i deffinately wasnt doing it again as i didnt think my body would take it, but hey ho, ive been asked my Keith Jones (Latics steward) if i will run for his charity which is the Samantha Jones Trust which was set up in memory of his daughter Samantha who dies in 2002 from leukimia. I just couldnt refuse to run for such a great cause so im back in training now to try and beat my best time of 1 hour 11 minutes. I want to raise £1000 which i think is going to be a struggle as everyone is skint at the minute but its worth a try.

If anyone donates via my justgiving page we also get the added bonus of gift aid. The web page address is.....

http://www.justgiving.com/chaddytheowl

Thanks in advance for any donations made, you know its all for a good cause. :bblue2:

Its that time of year again when i need to start getting sponsored by people to do the Manchester 10k run. I said after last year that i deffinately wasnt doing it again as i didnt think my body would take it, but hey ho, ive been asked my Keith Jones (Latics steward) if i will run for his charity which is the Samantha Jones Trust which was set up in memory of his daughter Samantha who dies in 2002 from leukimia. I just couldnt refuse to run for such a great cause so im back in training now to try and beat my best time of 1 hour 11 minutes. I want to raise £1000 which i think is going to be a struggle as everyone is skint at the minute but its worth a try.

If anyone donates via my justgiving page we also get the added bonus of gift aid. The web page address is.....

http://www.justgiving.com/chaddytheowl

Thanks in advance for any donations made, you know its all for a good cause. :bblue2:

we going out on the lash afterwards again like last year??

If i can manage it yes mate. Probably be like last time though where we say were going on the pop and both end up asleep in some pub after half a pint.

The bloke was trying to ask me questions on how i felt, but as i didnt speak i couldnt answer him, and even if i could speak i had no chance at that point as i had only just finished the race.

Good on you...

I do bike rides for the Christie charity... This years rides are...

Manchester to Blackpool (60 miles)

Manchester Circular (100 miles)

Coast to coast across Scotland (about 160 miles)

Now that's a lot of miles :)

My friend asked me to do the 10k run in Manchester and stupidly said yes. I dont know what it is but I can cycle for miles but ask me to run and I barely make a mile. So I am crapping it.... :)

Been doing some training and I am up to doing 1.3 miles in about 13 mins.. So going to start trying to increase the distance now.... I am really struggling though... Got some proper running shoes and had my feet analysed and all that...cost £80!

How the hell you pull it off in a Owl suit is beyond me... Much respect...

Edited by oafc0000

I How the hell you pull it off in a Owl suit is beyond me... Much respect...

I agree. I did it the year before last (was in Chicago last year and couldn't do it) but doing it again this year, and I find it hard enough in running gear and proper running shoes, nevermind a 7' fluffy owl costume!! :dead:

Edited by danoafc

I would love to do a bike ride as Chaddy.

I would love to say it is just as easy to do the run as Chaddy but it would be a lie. After last years run we weighed "Chaddy" and it was just under 3 stone. Bearing in mind i only weigh 12 stone so i ran with a quarter of my body weight hanging off my shoulders. Whats makes it even worse is the walking round as Chaddy for the hour before the race starts and the weather is hot, thats the bit that kills me. Im probably the only one on the course begging for rain. lol. But lots of vasoline, a good pair of trainers and a post run rub down and im happier. I would love to let someone else do it just to see what it was like just so there is a chance i could raise more money.

I suppose step number one would be to actually get a bike <_<

That is deffinately something im going to look into. Might need some mirrors fitted though so i can see behind me, its not like us owls can turn our heads round to see behind. Whilst im at it i might get one of thise lovely baskets for the front. :grin:

I suppose step number one would be to actually get a bike <_<

That is deffinately something im going to look into. Might need some mirrors fitted though so i can see behind me, its not like us owls can turn our heads round to see behind. Whilst im at it i might get one of thise lovely baskets for the front. :grin:

Getting a bike would defo be a must :)

I would recommend you get a mountain bike and buy some slick tyres...spend about £200+ if you can afford it and go to a proper bike shop. Evans in Manchester is my usual place. Don't go halfords and dont buy a Raleigh :)

This way you can refit the knobbly tyres and have some off road fun and then refit the slicks for road use :) Best of both worlds :)

I would say no to the basket :)

Edited by oafc0000

Cheers mate, i hope someone pins this thread so others see it.

I used to be into my biking, i used to have a muddy fox and a Claude Butler, one got nicked the other got sold as i wasnt using it as much as i should. I was looking at getting one soon anyway to keep me fit, i was going to go to that shop on Lees road called Surosa, that looks like it does some good bikes.

I was going to but one of those menstral cycles, i think thats one of those with the low crossbar and the basket on the front. It must be anyway as my dad said its something only girls have. :grin: