City Season Tickets

Read in the evening new last night that City had announced a 7% reduction in season tickets for next year - the cheapest one this saeson for them was abou £370 - with the reduction that will come down to £344. In the current economic crisis other clubs are bound to follow suit - Something will have to be done next season, I know the money situation is very precarious but if we (not me this year but probly next) are paying more for 3rd or even 2nd division football then something is wrong surely - If we got promoted and their was a feel good factor at the club a reduction to £200 could easily see us sell 6/7000 season tickets - just small allocation every game to away fans

Guest sheridans_world

Problem is, we dont get millions in TV money and we dont have a bottomless pit for an owner.

Could you say to TTA, "if you drop prices to £200, you'll sell 7000 tickets" ?

There is no certainty there, its speculation.

catch 22 situation.

raise them by a pound-the floaters bugger off.

decrease by a pound and TTA will be digging deeper into their pockets.

keep it the same.

as for citee,what can any club in the world do about it?

they could charge a pound every home game for 20 years and it wouldn't be noticed by their financial people

..just wait till the novelty wears off !

Problem is, we dont get millions in TV money and we dont have a bottomless pit for an owner.

Could you say to TTA, "if you drop prices to £200, you'll sell 7000 tickets" ?

There is no certainty there, its speculation.

As i said I know the money situations at the clubs is vastly different but there is something fundamentally wrong with fans of a 3rd tier club paying more for a book than premier league fans 5 miles down the road - I'ts not a go at the owners, just a change of plan is a must in my opinion

As i said I know the money situations at the clubs is vastly different but there is something fundamentally wrong with fans of a 3rd tier club paying more for a book than premier league fans 5 miles down the road - I'ts not a go at the owners, just a change of plan is a must in my opinion

simple question..

just what can TTA do about a change of plan?

my answer..nothing.

TTA needs its regular 4000 punters arriving every fortnight to ease the burden of their fortune being wiped out quicker...

the FA / FL won't get involved,so what can be done?

To put it bluntly... Prices will go up, pay it or lose your club...

Yes its all very wrong but its also a reality...

not really.

adjust to what your market can ,in reality,afford,therefore not alienating the said market.

if the prices at BP go up next season,the potential of losing another 500 off each home game attendees would guarentee one thing..every saleable player at the club going to keep it afloat.

sensible outlooks usually provide sensible results.

not really.

adjust to what your market can ,in reality,afford,therefore not alienating the said market.

if the prices at BP go up next season,the potential of losing another 500 off each home game attendees would guarentee one thing..every saleable player at the club going to keep it afloat.

sensible outlooks usually provide sensible results.

Your deluded... Keeping it at £308 will result in the sale of players unless more people turned up than are currently doing...

Edited by oafc0000

Your deluded... Keeping it at £20 will result in the sale of players unless more people turned up than are currently doing...

well they won't turn up until success is being served.

(and yes,i am deluded!!!! :grin: )...oh..it's "you are /you're"...not "your"...not bad for a deluded type eh.

and raising it to £22 will keep the floaters away!

if a company declares it is needing to keep afloat by raising prices,their customers will decide if they are getting value for that increase.

if your mortgage started to go up NOW ,when the interest rates are going down and everyone else's are going down,you'd be looking as to: 1/why? ..2/where do i get a better deal?

a floating football fan is no diffrerent..1/why have the prices gone up for the same level of football(providing we don't go up!) 2/being a floater,he will sod off to citee for his "value for money" fix.

Your deluded... Keeping it at £308 will result in the sale of players unless more people turned up than are currently doing...

turned it a bit there with the edit eh...???

delussion setting in?

the season tickets are about £325 after discount if i remember.

cheapest in the paddock are there to satisfy 2 types of customers.

1/the ones who have always gone there and much prefer it.

2/the ones who can't afford a dearer one.

point 2 has always been the case and i'm guessing it will be taken up even more than usual next season.

TTA offer that discount to generate money during the close season.

its essential .

well they won't turn up until success is being served.

aka my comment about it being crunch time....

(and yes,i am deluded!!!! :grin: )...oh..it's "you are /you're"...not "your"...not bad for a deluded type eh.

I love it... You know your have shown someone up when they come back with a attack on your spelling :)

and raising it to £22 will keep the floaters away!

It would go towards reducing how much the 3TAs have to write off...so yes actually it would...

if a company declares it is needing to keep afloat by raising prices,their customers will decide if they are getting value for that increase.

if your mortgage started to go up NOW ,when the interest rates are going down and everyone else's are going down,you'd be looking as to: 1/why? ..2/where do i get a better deal?

What a crap example.... Comparing supporting a football club to mortgage prices... If that is a good comparison then football is :censored: and their is no hope of saving it. Is it all about value for money ? Costs me £43 in total to attend a match. Is that value for money ? Hell no.. Do I still come ? Yes!!

a floating football fan is no diffrerent..1/why have the prices gone up for the same level of football(providing we don't go up!) 2/being a floater,he will sod off to citee for his "value for money" fix.

Here lies the problem.... Your whole view point is viewing as a business / product... Rather than just seeing as supporting something you love...

Its crunch time... Do you love it enough to support it like it was a child... if not...I think the day of 92 professional clubs is fast coming to a end... Its just a simple fact...

turned it a bit there with the edit eh...???

delussion setting in?

the season tickets are about £325 after discount if i remember.

cheapest in the paddock are there to satisfy 2 types of customers.

1/the ones who have always gone there and much prefer it.

2/the ones who can't afford a dearer one.

point 2 has always been the case and i'm guessing it will be taken up even more than usual next season.

TTA offer that discount to generate money during the close season.

its essential .

I edited within four mins and eight mins before your reply.

Both season tickets and on the day prices will go up so you can look at either angle... I thought the season ticket price applied to more people hence the change.

Cheapest is £308 in the Rochdale Road End.... http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Seaso...,,10337,00.html

Edited by oafc0000

Its crunch time... Do you love it enough to support it like it was a child... if not...I think the day of 92 professional clubs is fast coming to a end... Its just a simple fact...

your final statement was all i was bothered about after you decided to turn it personal.

fact.folk will make sure the bills are paid and the roof is still over their heads,before going to latics.

your above statement proves to me i'm not so deluded after all.

your final statement was all i was bothered about after you decided to turn it personal.

fact.folk will make sure the bills are paid and the roof is still over their heads,before going to latics.

your above statement proves to me i'm not so deluded after all.

It wasnt personal... Your opinion is clearly a deluded one... Not my problem if you cant take people pointing out how rubbish it was... My problem is with your opinion and not you.... Stop being soft...

It is a fact... A lot of people view their football club just as another product... As you pointed out when this product gets too expensive people wont buy it... But the company can operate without extra revenue... Stadium isnt coming... Fans wont pay more... Extra fans arent coming.. Dosent take a genius... Only way out is promotion or a increase in prices / reduction in costs....

Unless people view differently...as something close to their hearts and something they are happy to also bankroll dont be surprised when it dies...

Edited by oafc0000

Mr priority list

• Paying Bills (mortgage, gas, water etc)
  • Buying Food
  • Helping/supporting my wider family
  • Supporting my church
  • Supporting My Club
  • Going festivals
  • Going on holiday
  • Sky subscription
  • Napster subscription
  • etc etc etc

I dont think football is as high up on many peoples list... It probably needs to go higher up if we are too survive...

my opinion. don't like it? move on then .

Indeed.

You are both entitled to your opinion. Please show eachother some respect, as this is an interesting thread and as you represent the opposite side's of the coin you're both providing an important contribution to it.

Ack

Mr priority list

• Buying Food
  • Supporting my church
  • Supporting My Club
  • Going festivals
  • Going on holiday
  • Sky subscription
  • Napster subscription
  • etc etc etc

I dont think football is as high up on many peoples list... It probably needs to go higher up if we are too survive...

well maybe you should think for a minute about the folk who are struggling at the moment to get past points 1&2 of your list.

love to hang aroung to read more of your views on how folk should be leading their lives,but i can't be arsed anymore.

Mr priority list

• Buying Food
  • Supporting my church
  • Supporting My Club
  • Going festivals
  • Going on holiday
  • Sky subscription
  • Napster subscription
  • etc etc etc

Firstly, why are you subscribed to Napster? Secondly, those who love the club aren't the ones we're worried about because they aren't floaters and they won't say "i'm not paying an extra 20 quid for a season ticket this year", they will buy regardless within reason. To the floaters it is a product, they pay largely for the product with a tiny bit of sentiment thrown in.

Firstly, why are you subscribed to Napster?

Good question....been asking myself that one...

Secondly, those who love the club aren't the ones we're worried about because they aren't floaters and they won't say "i'm not paying an extra 20 quid for a season ticket this year", they will buy regardless within reason. To the floaters it is a product, they pay largely for the product with a tiny bit of sentiment thrown in.

Some people think if we raised prices then we would lose the regulars...

Good question....been asking myself that one...

Some people think if we raised prices then we would lose the regulars...

We would lose some, but not many. There are some who have lost the feeling they used to get from watching latics and maybe an increase in prices would just puch them over. We've tried plenty of times thought o reduce prices and how many people have taken the club up on their offers? Not nearly enough to make it viable. City may be reducing their ticket prices but we can't afford to. As has been said we don't have the bottomless pit of money or the TV revenue to subsidise it. An increase in prices would see some regulars stop going and a serious number of floaters think very carefully before coming through the turnstiles. Anything short of a substantial cut in prices would see very little effect on increasing attendances. I think we have the balance right to be honest and things should be ekpt the same. If people care about the club they will see what we are doing right now, appreciate the efforts of TTA, realise that we are making progress and get to some games. It's a shame that apathy is the general feeling amongst the people of Oldham.

Having said that I wouldn't be opposed to something in the vein of what Bradford and Huddersfield did last season, ie reduced ST prices if a certain number commit early. There was also a very interesting suggestion on another thread that involved a reward system for introducing new fans with vouchers to give away etc. i think that should definately be looked into. Obviously there will be some obstacles to get round, but I can't see any reason why they can't be overcome.

Edited by LeylandLatic

We would lose some, but not many. There are some who have lost the feeling they used to get from watching latics and maybe an increase in prices would just puch them over. We've tried plenty of times thought o reduce prices and how many people have taken the club up on their offers? Not nearly enough to make it viable. City may be reducing their ticket prices but we can't afford to. As has been said we don't have the bottomless pit of money or the TV revenue to subsidise it. An increase in prices would see some regulars stop going and a serious number of floaters think very carefully before coming through the turnstiles. Anything short of a substantial cut in prices would see very little effect on increasing attendances. I think we have the balance right to be honest and things should be ekpt the same. If people care about the club they will see what we are doing right now, appreciate the efforts of TTA, realise that we are making progress and get to some games. It's a shame that apathy is the general feeling amongst the people of Oldham.

Having said that I wouldn't be opposed to something in the vein of what Bradford and Huddersfield did last season, ie reduced ST prices if a certain number commit early. There was also a very interesting suggestion on another thread that involved a reward system for introducing new fans with vouchers to give away etc. i think that should definately be looked into. Obviously there will be some obstacles to get round, but I can't see any reason why they can't be overcome.

Exactly, there are obstacles but there must be a different set-up, wether it be a low cost season ticket if enough people buy or a scheme simlair to udders or port vale I dont know but the owners are businessmen who surely understand that for whatever reason it hasn't worked this year crowd wise - If the floaters can watch City for less then wheres the incentive to come to BP - I don't know the answers but I'd be really suprised if the club weren't looking at changing things though - If the owners are here for the long haul then theres got to be a better way of getting gates up in the future - Even if that meant another loss in the near time, It's a working class town in the middle of a recession and not everyone can justify the prices, I think a reduction in some way would worik well on all levels

Looking at a wider view, not just Latics, maybe it is time for the lower league clubs to revert back to regional leagues(as pre 1960 Third Divisions North & South). There would be no need for overnight stays for the teams therefore reducing expense and more derby matches which should bring in bigger crowds producing more revenue.

I know all the die hard fans who go to every away game will not see many new grounds but the survival of all lower league clubs is more important.

Just a thought, what do others think?