Winning Big

Just thinking I have been having a flutter on Latics at the bookies in the ground for a few years now home and away and have never won a bean.

Whats the biggest payout anyone has had at the Latics bookies.

Anyone dropped a 1er or even a bag of sand?

Just thinking I have been having a flutter on Latics at the bookies in the ground for a few years now home and away and have never won a bean.

I got a good winner on Richard Butcher 1st scorer, Latics 1-0 at home to Colchester few seasons back, think I had a fiver at 28/1ish, over £100 back anyway. Only ever win at Latics that, although I have won my accumulators with Latics in, sometimes Latics losing aswell ha ha

I got a good winner on Richard Butcher 1st scorer, Latics 1-0 at home to Colchester few seasons back, think I had a fiver at 28/1ish, over £100 back anyway. Only ever win at Latics that, although I have won my accumulators with Latics in, sometimes Latics losing aswell ha ha

I used to always have Richard Butcher first goalscorer in the Chaddy.

I, for some reason, decided he'd never score and stopped doing the bet. The first game without my bet was Bradford at home on Boxing Day.

Needless to say, that tosspot opened the scoring!!

I, for some reason, decided he'd never score and stopped doing the bet. The first game without my bet was Bradford at home on Boxing Day.

Maybe this could be the reasoning behind his unwarranted abuse

Not nearly as bad as my Latics 3-1 whoever, every week for god knows how long......

January 1st 2008,stood next to the ladbrookes in Elland Road.."3-1 today sav", "not a chance 33-1 might as well keep my £5 for a couple of pints" :bigcry::bigcry:

Not nearly as bad as my Latics 3-1 whoever, every week for god knows how long......

January 1st 2008,stood next to the ladbrookes in Elland Road.."3-1 today sav", "not a chance 33-1 might as well keep my £5 for a couple of pints" :bigcry::bigcry:

did exactly the same thing at molinuex a few seasons ago tics 3-1 33/1 i will have some of that misus pulled me away and said dont bother look on her face at full time

Thats my biggest win! he scored right at the death and both me and my dad had about £20 on it each, we were in the box that day!!!

Propper goal celebrations that one.

she once paid me £20 over what id won. Maybe she liked me.

Won about £60

Prob about evens with them tho

good morning

my best payout was one hundred and fiftey smackeroos on a four nil hughsey first goal...against chelternam early season...iv'e give the bookie

every penny back since.. plus more

My biggest football win wasnt on latics but was latics related....

Hartlepool where playing a midweek fixture (Cheltenham i think) and i fancied a little punt but didnt really know what score to put down, so i remembered back to our 4-1 drubbing last season so stuck a fiver on it came out with over £150...

I have never won a bet on a latics game, i did go through a phase of backing them to win 4-0 (thought it must happen some day) never did... so sensibly decieded to give up betting on them....

Scunny at home a couple of seasons back £2 on Gary Mac first goal and one nil win at 28/1.

For a couple of seasons I have had a policy of 'consolation' betting using Betfair.com

I bet on the oppostion to win for a Latics away game i.e. I lose if we pick up an away point or better.

I 'lay' Latics to win to win for a Latics home game i.e. I lose if we get 3 points.

I also tend to put money on our rivals to win i.e. at the moment Leeds, Millwall etc. Again if they drop points I lose.

If we have a bad weekend I get some cash back, if I lose money then it tends to mean a good weekend for Latics.

What do people think about this? I have had some grief from fans of other clubs at work about it being out of the question to bet against your own team.

For a couple of seasons I have had a policy of 'consolation' betting using Betfair.com

I bet on the oppostion to win for a Latics away game i.e. I lose if we pick up an away point or better.

I 'lay' Latics to win to win for a Latics home game i.e. I lose if we get 3 points.

I also tend to put money on our rivals to win i.e. at the moment Leeds, Millwall etc. Again if they drop points I lose.

If we have a bad weekend I get some cash back, if I lose money then it tends to mean a good weekend for Latics.

What do people think about this? I have had some grief from fans of other clubs at work about it being out of the question to bet against your own team.

I always bet with my heart and thats why i always lose... Suppose either way you get something out of it but not something i could every do its either all or nothing :grin: