• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 3700+ there tonight for a team in (was) fourth

whos gonna come back and watch that rubbish

if we still end up in league one AGAIN its only gonna make more

people stay away

Frightening when the die-hards start to drift away despite being fourth in the league.

Is it the loss of belief after fourteen years of mostly dross and too many false dawns at BP, or is it that big money has rendered football meaningless?

at the end of the day its these sort of crowds that will get sheridan the sack. :wink:

I would imagine it is only a matter of time until we get the same fans saying they wont be buying a season ticket next if Shez is in charge and we all know that kind of talk got Rocket Ronnie the boot.

Frightening when the die-hards start to drift away despite being fourth in the league.

Is it the loss of belief after fourteen years of mostly dross and too many false dawns at BP, or is it that big money has rendered football meaningless?

Nah, they were content to stay at home and watch Inter v ManUre.

They'll be at BP next Monday, regardless of the result at Millwall on Saturday.

er...its on sky..

and its not sold out.

also,expect the ticket office to be flooded with returns next few days.

Nah, I think it will be pretty much full. Games against Leeds are the ones we usually win, its so unpredictable at the moment.

Nah, I think it will be pretty much full. Games against Leeds are the ones we usually win, its so unpredictable at the moment.

to remind you again..its on sky.

cheaper for floating fans to pop into the local and enjoy a few beers.

anyway,watching that shower the last 2 games,i don't predict a home win.

Nah, they were content to stay at home and watch Inter v ManUre.

They'll be at BP next Monday, regardless of the result at Millwall on Saturday.

It's a good answer, but it's not right.

catchphrase.jpg

As for the other lad. Only reason it'll be near a sell out is thanks to the only set of fans who'll be heard on the tele. "United. Leeds."

Edited by Rocky_Latic

And how many will be at the home game after that?

Whatever the figure, it won't be enough.

It'll be back to the usual diehards again until the stayaways get interested in the play-offs.

Only two league defeats at home in eleven months, and in the top six most of the season. It must be soul destroying for TTA.

er...its on sky..

and its not sold out.

also,expect the ticket office to be flooded with returns next few days.

Now that i had to move my st and get a ticket for elsewhere i wonder if the club know whose paid or changed tickets.

wonder if i could get my money back and watch it in the pub? lol

There was plenty of room in the large section of the RRE tonight. Hardcore fans my arse!

:lol::blush:

Sorry Super Fan.

I know loads of people who werent there tonight who've been more than a dozen away's this season for various reasons (none of which was inter v united as you predicted). Sorry they dont meet your "how to be a hardcore fan" standards.

Best keep it quiet about their plans for the Leeds game too - You know. The very one you said they'd be all coming out of the woodwork for.

"Can You Hear The Oldham Sing???"......

:lol::blush:

Sorry Super Fan.

I know loads of people who werent there tonight who've been more than a dozen away's this season for various reasons (none of which was inter v united as you predicted). Sorry they dont meet your "how to be a hardcore fan" standards.

Best keep it quiet about their plans for the Leeds game too - You know. The very one you said they'd be all coming out of the woodwork for.

"Can You Hear The Oldham Sing???"......

I may be wrong but you seem to be taking great delight from the thought of Leeds outsinging us on Monday. Why not get down to BP and help create an atmosphere to lift the team and who knows.....maybe silence the Leeds fans.

P.S. Great result for the mighty Dale tonight.

It'll be back to the usual diehards again until the stayaways get interested in the play-offs.

Only two league defeats at home in eleven months, and in the top six most of the season. It must be soul destroying for TTA.

It may well be. However, as we seem to be amongst the worst affected clubs for falling crowds-there are clubs of our kind of stature near the bottom of the table currently getting a higher average than we are-it must be something specific to what's been going on at BP over the past decade or more. I might be projecting my own feelings onto everybody else, but such has been the level of disappointment since the PL days, particularly with the false dawns, that I've gradually lost most of the enthusiasm I once had and, excepting short-lived bursts of optimism, now turn up out of sheer bloody-minded loyalty, habit, and the fear that if people like me desert the club then there really is no worthwhile future for it. When you consider that we are now getting worse attendances than during the no-hope Ritchie/Brierley days, however, it seems that many others have come to feel the same way.

It isn't that those running the club aren't doing their best, for the most part; it's the way the entire game has gone-the PL and Champions League overkill, the widening financial gulf between the top leagues and this level, the greed (even in this division), the near-abolition of the transfer market at this level in favour of a constant stream of loanee kids and journeymen and the subsequent impossibility of keeping a squad together over enough time for most players to develop an affinity with the club and its supporters, and so on. For me, the game has been ruined.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

They do want Latics when it suits 'em! The problem is it doesn't suit 'em enough. :disappointed:

results and performances means bums on seats.

guess what the floaters don't feel they have been getting to keep them going?

face up to it,we are a small town on the edge of a few cities,with larger clubs.

thought you'd sussed that out by now.

nothing will change unless we get promoted.

circles..