Lies, damned lies and statistics

Been reading a lot of Shez in/out over the last few days, understandably. One point that comes up a lot is our form compared to those around us and how we're apparently dropping like a stone. So I thought I'd look at the last 10 games of all the top 10 and extrapolate the points they've got to give an end of season position....

1. Leicester 73....................1. Leicester 102

2. MK Dons 61....................2. MK Dons 88

----------------

3. Peterboro 60..................3. Peterboro 82

4. Millwall 55......................4. Scunthorpe 76

5. Oldham 54.....................5. Leeds 76

6. Scunthorpe 53................6. Millwall 73

----------------

7. Leeds 51........................7. Oldham 71

8. Stockport 51..................8. Tranmere 70

9. Tranmere 49..................9. Stockport 69

10. Hudders 47..................10. Huddersfield 68

What does this show? Not much. Yep, our form isn't great but it's not exactly all over bar the shouting is it?

There's too much knee-jerking on here if you ask me. A manager should never be got rid of mid season unless relegation is on the cards and things are desperate. Especially not when the team is in the play offs! Bizarre.

Another thing that gets me a bit is that it comes across that some people support latics because they're on a journey to the premier league or something. I didn't go every week for that reason. I couldn't tell you why I did go, I just did. I loved it and other than family and friends it's the only thing I miss about England. After a defeat I was rock bottom, but after a win I was sky high. And not knowing what was going to happen one game to the next was part of the fun of it all. The premier league is the spawn of satan and watching latics prostitute themselves to get there and stay in it again would do nothing for me. So give me league one promotion/championship relegation battles any day.

Anyway, no one asked for my opinion so I'll wrap it up here. The result on Tuesday has got me motivated to be more active with the latics, hence the post. Also I'll be up at 4am to listen to LW tonight. It's been a while.

COME ON THE BLUES.............. :New_Zealand:

Been reading a lot of Shez in/out over the last few days, understandably. One point that comes up a lot is our form compared to those around us and how we're apparently dropping like a stone. So I thought I'd look at the last 10 games of all the top 10 and extrapolate the points they've got to give an end of season position....

----------------

----------------

What does this show? Not much. Yep, our form isn't great but it's not exactly all over bar the shouting is it?

There's too much knee-jerking on here if you ask me. A manager should never be got rid of mid season unless relegation is on the cards and things are desperate. Especially not when the team is in the play offs! Bizarre.

Another thing that gets me a bit is that it comes across that some people support latics because they're on a journey to the premier league or something. I didn't go every week for that reason. I couldn't tell you why I did go, I just did. I loved it and other than family and friends it's the only thing I miss about England. After a defeat I was rock bottom, but after a win I was sky high. And not knowing what was going to happen one game to the next was part of the fun of it all. The premier league is the spawn of satan and watching latics prostitute themselves to get there and stay in it again would do nothing for me. So give me league one promotion/championship relegation battles any day.

Anyway, no one asked for my opinion so I'll wrap it up here. The result on Tuesday has got me motivated to be more active with the latics, hence the post. Also I'll be up at 4am to listen to LW tonight. It's been a while.

:applause1:

----------------

----------------

Great post except for the part where we swap places with leeds!