bad day for craig davies

Who cares?

me. still maintain that had lee hughes pretended to headbutt an oponent, he wouldnt have been treated as harshly. rather like how gregan tried to attack an oposition player live on tv, but nothing was said. or richie wellens threw away our promotion with a totally unnecessary stamp, but that was pretty much ignored too.

me. still maintain that had lee hughes pretended to headbutt an oponent, he wouldnt have been treated as harshly. rather like how gregan tried to attack an oposition player live on tv, but nothing was said. or richie wellens threw away our promotion with a totally unnecessary stamp, but that was pretty much ignored too.

I know but even before and after that it appears his attitude stunk, he has gone now and isnt comin back

breathe....

How? In his suspension period we won at Swansea and then lost to Millwall and Vale. Even on the off chance that we'd have picked up six points from those two games (and bearing in mind we were dreadful against Millwall and were tonked at Vale), we'd have finished 5th...would we have beaten Forest? Would we have then beaten Blackpool in the final? The answer would either be 'no', or 'I don't know'.

You'd have thought that what cost us that year was the whole team playing crap for the last three months of the season...not one player's suspension in the middle of February...

Edited by jsslatic

How? In his suspension period we won at Swansea and then lost to Millwall and Vale. Even on the off chance that we'd have picked up six points from those two games (and bearing in mind we were dreadful against Millwall and were tonked at Vale), we'd have finished 5th...would we have beaten Forest? Would we have then beaten Blackpool in the final? The answer would either be 'no', or 'I don't know'.

You'd have thought that what cost us that year was the whole team playing crap for the last three months of the season...not one player's suspension in the middle of February...

shame innit like..

on another note..how good did leon clarke look for wednesday.....and j put in a decent shift too...

Generally once a player has left Athletic I'll still key and eye on them, or at least pay more attention when they are mentioned on TV/Radio coverage.

As for Davies vs other players that have shown unsporting / violent behaviour. Firstly, we are only speculating that this was a factor in Davies departure. If we assume that it was, then I wonder whether it was not the incident itself, but perhaps the players reaction to whatever punishment was given as a result.

As a manager I think you have to accept that people/players make mistakes and do stupid things (heat of the moment in sport etc). However if when you then disciplne them for it, if they don't accept it with good grace, then perhaps its right to say that they are not the type of player you want in the team/squad.

I have no idea whether Craig did get any form of disciplinary action or how he reacted to it - but its a theory, and he could look like a player that could sulk a bit.

Generally once a player has left Athletic I'll still key and eye on them, or at least pay more attention when they are mentioned on TV/Radio coverage.

As for Davies vs other players that have shown unsporting / violent behaviour. Firstly, we are only speculating that this was a factor in Davies departure. If we assume that it was, then I wonder whether it was not the incident itself, but perhaps the players reaction to whatever punishment was given as a result.

As a manager I think you have to accept that people/players make mistakes and do stupid things (heat of the moment in sport etc). However if when you then disciplne them for it, if they don't accept it with good grace, then perhaps its right to say that they are not the type of player you want in the team/squad.

I have no idea whether Craig did get any form of disciplinary action or how he reacted to it - but its a theory, and he could look like a player that could sulk a bit.

as far as i am aware,he got fined by the club,then he should up late for training or didnt show at all for most of the next week,which he got disciplined again,and reacted badly...the one thing i have heard,but couldnt get solid confirmation of is there was an alledged scuffle or altercation between him shez and liddell.....

he was brought back from stockport as cover,but also because they couldnt afford to sign him,shez saying he still had a future was a manager toeing the club line and policy on players,he knew he wasnt staying.