The inquest starts here - merged - all Shez out posts

Extra training tomorrow followed by, before we know it, a couple of days off. Not forgetting another dead-end journeyman striker in on loan because, after all, that's clearly where the problem lies.

E4e

JSOUT

Well i've been a shez 'inner' until today, but this is a step to far. People are happy to accept defeats, and yes they will come during a season, but let's look at this in the fullness of time, we have been in thsi position before haven't we. We have a team good enough for the play offs possibly even the top 2 places but yet again we are falling away when it really matters. Is that lack of motivation, maybe, tactical ineptness, almost certainly. One probelm is shez and believe he should go not, but lets look at the players, nmot enough winners amongst them. Even the MK Dons commentatros said Gregan was still fighting for everthying and looked less than pleased about the defeat. Despite what you may think of his off field exploits, on the picth he's a leader and a winner, how many others really care that we lost?! How many others really ahve that winning mentality, far too few if we 're honest.

Shez out and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and consider if they are really the sort of people who should be playing a preofessional sport. I don't see the mentality in many of them that tells me they can ever be a success. No bottle.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who will come in or even caretaker manager? I agree Sheridan position is really untenable (I'm sad to say) - BUT who wants to manage a team who gets drunk and fights each other?

I do feel for the T3A, they have been very active for the club and have no positive feedback - even the Pink kit was throw back in their face by doggate press. How long will they put up with it?

" BUT who wants to manage a team who gets drunk and fights each other?"

with a proper manager that would have never happend he hasnt got a clue wat to do and its shown big time bad signings and loans crazy management and anyone that comes in will be a instant impact as thay will make correct changes and thay will have the balls to drop non performing players not get bad players onloan excluding jones and then not play them or drop them GET A CLUE U MONG <----- aimed at shez

Edited by KUNGFOO

I don't think Sheridan will get sacked. You can't expect someone to come in and sort it. These things take time, so I think it will be a case of seeing the season out to it's natural conclusion.

But the cnclusion with the squad that's been assembled should have been taking us to the playoffs at least. The 'natural conclusion' now is mid-table, season wasted.

I don't really like calling for people to be got rid of, players or managers, but I'm getting there now!

Who knows, maybe people will come back from the game saying we played really well and we can't comment cos we weren't there............

TTA have been superb for the club, but their one failing has been in appointing managers. Current form is 13 points from the last 12 matches. We have some good players but it is clear where the real fault lies.

interesting that Darren Ferguson has got his team to 2nd in the division by ignoring his dad's advice, squandering the budget he has been given and by being best mates with the players. Young ambitious managers - Lee Clarke, Ferguson, Gannon, Di Matteo, Martinez - all are determined to succeed at all costs even if it means walking all over the players' sensitivities. All are educated, personable and able to speak in public without looking like a dickheed.

I'm not a Shez outter, but I would like to know why he has continues to bring in journey men strikers on loan, Byfield, Windass, Kabba, whilst getting rid of Davies, O Grady etc, what is wrong with playing Alessandra instead, what exactly is wrong with Kieran Lee, Dale Stephens etc, player who Sheridan brought in during the summer. I asked the question about Stephens weeks ago on here only to get the reply that Stephens was one for the future, I once heard a football pundit say you cant win anything with kids, well he was proved wrong that season. If you are good enough then you are old enough.

If Sheridan is still manager next weekend I expect some serious changes to be made, otherwise Im afraid my £20 will be kept in my pocket until next season

I think the T3A will have someone lined up already (look what they did with signning Hughes). I think The Doggate thing nail Shez coffin but the MK Dons result must of buried him 6-2?? I have a feeling that Adams or Cotterill would have been sounded put, as they are jobless. Though I must admit Gannon has done wonders with Stockport. I think Ince is pie in the sky -t oo much money.

I don't think Sheridan will get sacked. You can't expect someone to come in and sort it. These things take time, so I think it will be a case of seeing the season out to it's natural conclusion.

I'd normally agree but these players are good enough to go up.

Get a decent enough manager in to organise them and fire them up and we can still do it.

There's the problem though - who?

If we could get someone like Royle I'd be all for it. If we can't leave Shez there for the last 9 games - we aren't gonna go down. ( :unsure: )

And let's not forget the man's an Oldham legend regardless of whether he's still here on Monday or what happens between now and the end of the season.

He's done his best for us, unfortunately it's looking like his best isn't good enough - some of the abuse he's getting is out of order.

" BUT who wants to manage a team who gets drunk and fights each other?"

Perhaps someone who can impose discipline on and off the field - not a manager who himself apparently has to be censured by the directors for his behaviour, something I can never remember happening here or anywhere else.

Young ambitious managers - Lee Clarke, Ferguson, Gannon, Di Matteo, Martinez - all are determined to succeed at all costs even if it means walking all over the players' sensitivities. All are educated, personable and able to speak in public without looking like a dickheed.

:shock::shock::shock:

:unsure:

:lol:

I feel for the fans watching these matches. I'm in the South and can't make the games but what I hear things are shocking. BUT one question are Gregan & Hazell that good a partnership has the Chron make out?

I think Crossley wouldn't be a bad caretaker manager until the new season, if it was the question of money to get someone in. Oh Windass has all his coaching licences - so be warned.

Shez isn't the target of my frustration anymore. Let's be honest, the signs have been there for the majority of the season. I take no pride in flogging a dead horse.

My absolute anger and frustration is towards TTA.

Why have they let it get to this?

This season was our biggest and best chance of promotion for a long, long time. We've had arguably our best striker (may I add, on form!) for a few years and a very strong backbone of a team, not to mention financial backing at every opportunity which has gone unappreciated and talked-down publicly. And we're playing in a division which, I believe, is the weakest it's been for a long time with only one stand-out team.

They first made their anger known around the time of the Yeovil home defeat. Can probably count on one hand the number of exciting home games since and I'd still be able to pick my nose.

Xmas was coming, we were still uninspiring. A perfect chance to bring a new guy in and allow him the transfer window.

The transfer window passes, journeymen strikers come and go. And still come and go...

Pi$$ poor performances more often than not, behind the scenes bust ups and scandal, dirty laundry aired in public, and days off between what were massive home games yet became a pathetic and draining waste of a few hours of our life.

The last straw for me was months ago and I firmy believe, deep down, TTA shared the same view long before the masses jumped on post Col U and doggygate. Even then, get rid of him and give a new manager free reign for 10 games and hope his honeymoon period will get us through the play-offs. Realistically our only hope. But nothing.

Now a masive top of the table clash has been and gone with a 6-2 hammering and we find ourselves out of the play-offs (to be fair I can't believe we've hung on so long). The way things have been recently, now we're chasing, do we honestly believe we've the bottle to claw a play-off place back?

I believe Shez will be gone in the summer. Along with our best striker and chance of promotion for a long time. Yet the latter could've and I believe would've been avoided had the former been done a long long time ago.

TTA, you've a duck egg in charge who will now cop for a hell of a lot of abuse (with some personal). You guys could've avoided this when you first saw the cracks. I think we all realise that you'll never get a return on your investment but if you wanted to get sommat back then your blinkered 'loyalty' and lack of bottle has put a stop to that.

The dwindling attendances, abysmal performances and negative aura around the club has sucked the life out of it and us. Not one person is big and important enough to be able to do that alone.

A pathetic, uninspiring and embarrassing excuse for a football club.

E4e

JSOUT

Shez isn't the target of my frustration anymore. Let's be honest, the signs have been there for the majority of the season. I take no pride in flogging a dead horse.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

admin - can you not log him off for an hour or two for his own good :lol:

Edited by dfOAFC

Why have they let it get to this?

This season was our biggest and best chance of promotion for a long, long time. We've had arguably our best striker (may I add, on form!) for a few years and a very strong backbone of a team, not to mention financial backing at every opportunity which has gone unappreciated and talked-down publicly. And we're playing in a division which, I believe, is the weakest it's been for a long time with only one stand-out team.

They first made their anger known around the time of the Yeovil home defeat. Can probably count on one hand the number of exciting home games since and I'd still be able to pick my nose.

Xmas was coming, we were still uninspiring. A perfect chance to bring a new guy in and allow him the transfer window.

The transfer window passes, journeymen strikers come and go. And still come and go...

Pi$$ poor performances more often than not, behind the scenes bust ups and scandal, dirty laundry aired in public, and days off between what were massive home games yet became a pathetic and draining waste of a few hours of our life.

The last straw for me was months ago and I firmy believe, deep down, TTA shared the same view long before the masses jumped on post Col U and doggygate. Even then, get rid of him and give a new manager free reign for 10 games and hope his honeymoon period will get us through the play-offs. Realistically our only hope. But nothing.

Now a masive top of the table clash has been and gone with a 6-2 hammering and we find ourselves out of the play-offs (to be fair I can't believe we've hung on so long). The way things have been recently, now we're chasing, do we honestly believe we've the bottle to claw a play-off place back?

I believe Shez will be gone in the summer. Along with our best striker and chance of promotion for a long time. Yet the latter could've and I believe would've been avoided had the former been done a long long time ago.

TTA, you've a duck egg in charge who will now cop for a hell of a lot of abuse (with some personal). You guys could've avoided this when you first saw the cracks. I think we all realise that you'll never get a return on your investment but if you wanted to get sommat back then your blinkered 'loyalty' and lack of bottle has put a stop to that.

The dwindling attendances, abysmal performances and negative aura around the club has sucked the life out of it and us. Not one person is big and important enough to be able to do that alone.

A pathetic, uninspiring and embarrassing excuse for a football club.

E4e

JSOUT

Agree with every word Nick and have done since Christmas.

shez om gmr now , he sounds lost ,very disappointing don;t understand what went wrong today !!and he sounded shell shocked , shez also said he feels under pressure from some of the fan's he must read owtb ..

Edited by boboafc