The inquest starts here - merged - all Shez out posts

this season was the first season for a while which should have been our chance of getting out of this league.

all is not lost, and we still have a chance,

but, when you look at the players we have, and on paper its a good squad of players, we need a manager who commands respect and the players who respond to that.

Shez's comments as "I dont know what to do" which is a regualr quote, sums him up at this time.

I know for a fact if I turned round at work and said "I dont know what to do" i would be out of there.

He needs to be given to the end of the season as changing things now isnt going to change the fact that we are 50 / 50 for play offs.

This time of year a team that is going for / in the play offs needs confidence and good team spirit. We dont have any.

Edited by bubblehead

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I was away in Scotland on this particular fateful weekend (Thank God) so this thread has been an interesting read.

Some good posts, but my particular favourite is this...

I think some are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think Shez will be gone before then end of the season, it ain't gonna happen.

:grin:

Pretty unanimous if you ask me.

Shez' departure was the right thing to do or so people on here thought, and it's what the fans wanted....

In other words, we made our bed....

It seems fairly apparent that Shez wasn't able to get us over the finish line. As others have said, good coach but not necessarily a good manager. The fact that Penney has screwed up thus far doesn't mean it wasn't right to let JS go.

It seems fairly apparent that Shez wasn't able to get us over the finish line. As others have said, good coach but not necessarily a good manager. The fact that Penney has screwed up thus far doesn't mean it wasn't right to let JS go.

I note that I was not part of this thread - so I thought I would post now (better late than never) - I thought that Shez was doing okay and we should never have let him go.... :wink:

I was away in Scotland on this particular fateful weekend (Thank God) so this thread has been an interesting read.

Some good posts, but my particular favourite is this...

:grin:

To be fair he also posted this:

The problem was Nik you couldn't sack a manager whilst he had his team in the play-offs, uninspiring games asdide he was doing what the owners wanted.

Sacking him would have made us a massive laughing stock.

This one caught my eye. Some on ere have thought that Shez might have got us somewhere this season, but as I said earlier m\an thought they were gash and the end of contracts meant they were right to go. In one way shez was responsible ffor that, all the contracts were up at the wsame time/loads of loanees.

After another piss poor performance. I've been going through the current playing squad to find the problems & I've come up with the following summary of the players. From the 19 matches we have played from the start of December we've won just 5 !! I know we've only lost 5 as well, but drawing that many games isn't acceptable. Am afraid Shez has to go the performances are poor, very poor on occasions. He's lost the dressing room & his signings haven't perfomed overall, or he just hasn't given them the chance!!! Plus way too many loanees, has there ever been a successful team of loanees??? I can't think of one. As much as I love Oldham if Shez is in charge next season, I'll really have to think about renewing my season ticket because am really not enjoying going to BP at the min, but I just don't trust Shez to improve the squad qith any money he's given!! Which would mean much of the same crap am getting at the moment.

Budtz - Not here next season

Fleming - I rate him & think one of Shez very few good signings

Eardley - Possbile not here next season, but hit & miss performances.

Gregan - Personal problems, although still puts in some ok performances

Hines- Not here next season, plus gash

Stam - Am stuck to why he isn't playing, or at least been given a chance!!

Hazell - Been ok, but as like most of team lost form.

Jones - Not here next season

Lomax - Was ok at first & then drop, but to be fair Jones is a much better player.

Golbourne - Won't be here next season, don't understand why Shez extended.

Maher - Been one of the only postives recently, however keeps getting dropped when the team puts in a crap performance.

Lee - Whats going on with this lad?? Give him a chance Shez ffs

Stephens - Ditto

Whittaker - I could give you an endless list of negatives about Whittaker.

Smalley - Been the best young player.

Allott - Nothing like he was last season.

Taylor - Lost form & not the player he was at the start of the season, or before the transfer window. Don't think he'll be here next season.

Liddell - Great pen taker & most expensive taxi driver I know!!

Kabba - Not here next season, one good performance (Millwall) the rest, less said the better.

Fat Arse Windass - He's better sticking to his media work.

Hughes - Lost form & won't be here next season.

Lewis - Feel for the lad, never been given a chance.

interesting that Darren Ferguson has got his team to 2nd in the division by ignoring his dad's advice, squandering the budget he has been given and by being best mates with the players. Young ambitious managers - Lee Clarke, Ferguson, Gannon, Di Matteo, Martinez - all are determined to succeed at all costs even if it means walking all over the players' sensitivities. All are educated, personable and able to speak in public without looking like a dickheed.

You can add Burnley's Clarke Carlisle to the list of a future managers.

Did anyone see him win Countdown today ?...already voted Britain's' most intelligent footballer, he certainly has the personality to go with it.

You can add Burnley's Clarke Carlisle to the list of a future managers.

Did anyone see him win Countdown today ?...already voted Britain's' most intelligent footballer, he certainly has the personality to go with it.

"I'll have 5 players from the top league and 5 from the bottom league please" :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist it...

Does Nik happen to drive a white van?

Eyre 4 ever I believe. I think it might be in reference to Walshy's stunt of getting the Virgin train computer reprogrammed to display "Oh Jonny Eyre" and "Eyre 4 ever" or some such tomfoolery on the way back from a boozy southern based away trip.

Black Golf I think.