Joe Royles Second coming Starting 11

Presuming he doesnt sign anyone I go for

Fleming

Eardley Gregan Stam Jones

Taylor Lee Maher Smalley

Hughes Lewi

That's what I'd expect, though if Tayls isn't fit then I'd like to see DJ on the left and Golbourne at LB.

That's what I'd expect, though if Tayls isn't fit then I'd like to see DJ on the left and Golbourne at LB.

why do people assume lee is now going to start in midfield? he was man utd blah blah blah

maybe he is not as good as people think.

i seem to remember alot thinking whittiker was better than wellens and just what we need

why do people assume lee is now going to start in midfield? he was man utd blah blah blah

maybe he is not as good as people think.

i seem to remember alot thinking whittiker was better than wellens and just what we need

I agree on the Lee thing...I don't think he is as good as people think he will be. That said, Allott hasn't been pulling up trees for a while and on Saturday, he was just as bad as Seb and Greegs were. He could do with dropping and hopefully Kieran will get his chance. We'll wait and see. I trust Joe to make the right decision...

Two 'yard dog midfielders' in the middle and two 'tricky wingers' out wide.

80s/90s. Milligan/Heny with Adams and Holden. 2009. Maher and Allot with Taylor and Smalley?

Fullbacks with pace that can whip a ball in.

80s/90s. Irwin/Barlow/Halle. 2009. Jones and Eardley?

Up front some guile and skill and good headers of the ball for all the crosses.

80s/90s. Ritchie/Palmer/Bunn. 2009. Hughes and ???? Not sure any of our other forwards fit the bill.

In goal a good shot stopper but a bit afraid of coming off your line.

80s/90s Hallworth/Gerrard. 2009. Fleming or ANOther.

Question is - has the game moved on now so that this 442 formation doesn't work anymore?

Also, I think our '2009 wide players' and fullbacks need to get to the byline a bit more and pull the crosses back, rather thatn the mostly harmless ball in from about 5 yards back from the edge of the area/5 yards in from the touch line.

The former ball is tough to defend, with the CBs facing their own goal when the ball comes in, and fwds are rarely offside. The latter is meat and drink to a decent defender who with back to goal can head it away from the goal.

Two 'yard dog midfielders' in the middle and two 'tricky wingers' out wide.

80s/90s. Milligan/Heny with Adams and Holden. 2009. Maher and Allot with Taylor and Smalley?

Fullbacks with pace that can whip a ball in.

80s/90s. Irwin/Barlow/Halle. 2009. Jones and Eardley?

Up front some guile and skill and good headers of the ball for all the crosses.

80s/90s. Ritchie/Palmer/Bunn. 2009. Hughes and ???? Not sure any of our other forwards fit the bill.

In goal a good shot stopper but a bit afraid of coming off your line.

80s/90s Hallworth/Gerrard. 2009. Fleming or ANOther.

Question is - has the game moved on now so that this 442 formation doesn't work anymore?

Also, I think our '2009 wide players' and fullbacks need to get to the byline a bit more and pull the crosses back, rather thatn the mostly harmless ball in from about 5 yards back from the edge of the area/5 yards in from the touch line.

The former ball is tough to defend, with the CBs facing their own goal when the ball comes in, and fwds are rarely offside. The latter is meat and drink to a decent defender who with back to goal can head it away from the goal.

I agree with your assessment that we have the players to play the Royle way, but feel that smalley should start up front as when he wants to be, he is possibly our best header of the ball. Also surely JP kalala would be right up Royle's street for a combatative midfielder. Could always play this ferraira (or however you spell it) guy shez brought in as he hasn't been sent out of the door by royle yet.