Joe on Talk Sport Breakfast Show this morning.

Good interview.

The guy's charm and optimism continues to be infectious.

Chicken was very impressed with the fact that contracts hadnt been signed and Joe is here on a verbal agreement.

Old school !

Fantastic, particularly after the past week or so of bad press.

I was late for work waiting for it, Since 7 o'clock you had Irani saying and "Joe Royle will be on the phone soon"....

Good interview, Seemed really happy to be back, Had alot of time for the owners, easy deal to do, Wouldn't have come until end of season if not been pushing for play offs, alot of same faces still at the club, Wasn't going to bring any backroom staff of his own and make peoplE unemployed with 9 games left, Unsure of future but will discuss deal at end of season

I think Big Joe wants the job permanently - Never say never, If stays on at end of season will look at possibility of own staff then.....

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY

Edited by longtimeblue

I was late for work waiting for it, Since 7 o'clock you had Irani saying and "Joe Royle will be on the phone soon"....

Good interview, Seemed really happy to be back, Had alot of time for the owners, easy deal to do, Wouldn't have come until end of season if not been pushing for play offs, alot of same faces still at the club, Wasn't going to bring any backroom staff of his own and make peoplE unemployed with 9 games left, Unsure of future but will discuss deal at end of season

I think Big Joe wants the job permanently - Never say never, If stays on at end of season will look at possibility of own staff then.....

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY

I think he does too :)

With regards to the bold bit.....does that mean had we not been pushing for play-offs he wouldn`t have come? Or does it mean he would have waited until summer and come then?

I think he does too :)

With regards to the bold bit.....does that mean had we not been pushing for play-offs he wouldn`t have come? Or does it mean he would have waited until summer and come then?

He said something like "If We'd have been in mid table and the owners had said come in till the end of season to staedy the ship I wouldn't have considered it"

Don't know if that statement was just relevant to the short term dael but he did say it, emphasised again that the main attraction was the possibility of a trip to Wembley.

Forgot to say in last post that he said players seemed very shy due to circumstances, he is friends with Shez but hasn't spoken to him yet, wiil do when time is right

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY

Irani makes me want to turn it off everytime I hear him...he is a tool

He said something like "If We'd have been in mid table and the owners had said come in till the end of season to staedy the ship I wouldn't have considered it"

Don't know if that statement was just relevant to the short term dael but he did say it, emphasised again that the main attraction was the possibility of a trip to Wembley.

Wouldn't be much point him coming in if our season was already over. Better to come in at the start of a new season then, just take a look at Jewell at Derby for instance. Ifs and buts anyway.