Lee Hughes

Was Lee Hughes injured tonight? He stormed off down the tunnel when subbed tonight and the team looked like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders when he went off. They played a hell of a lot better without him. Is he a disruptive influence on the team???

Yes, I was there. I was one of the merry band.

Even if he was injured the change that the two subs brought about was quite impressive. It really did appear that everybody else felt able to play more freely. If he's injury free on Saturday maybe he should start on the bench? Give him a bit of desire.

Yes, I was there. I was one of the merry band.

Even if he was injured the change that the two subs brought about was quite impressive. It really did appear that everybody else felt able to play more freely. If he's injury free on Saturday maybe he should start on the bench? Give him a bit of desire.

I think his desire is for the end of the season now and a chance to move.

Was Lee Hughes injured tonight? He stormed off down the tunnel when subbed tonight and the team looked like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders when he went off. They played a hell of a lot better without him. Is he a disruptive influence on the team???

stormed off down the tunnel???

he sat on the bench with the rest ..nothing sinister.

stormed off down the tunnel???

he sat on the bench with the rest ..nothing sinister.

He must have been wishing he'd still been on the pitch to get his head on those crosses which started to come over.

Maybe Hughes was injured, but if not and if Joe thought Kabba would link better with Lewi, I question Joe's judgement.

spot on Lags. 18 goals great but could have had a shed load more. IF he had signed his contract and looked a bit sharper would have been delighted but no one can play with him up front. Lewi came close but many have tried and failed.

easily could have been 30

He must have been wishing he'd still been on the pitch to get his head on those crosses which started to come over.

Maybe Hughes was injured, but if not and if Joe thought Kabba would link better with Lewi, I question Joe's judgement.

why do you question his judgement???

he has seen two games now as well as the leeds n bristol games,he obviously understands more than we do that it isnt happening and change is needed.

is it that all other strikers cant play with hughes....or that hughes cant play with any other striker????

why do you question his judgement???

he has seen two games now as well as the leeds n bristol games,he obviously understands more than we do that it isnt happening and change is needed.

is it that all other strikers cant play with hughes....or that hughes cant play with any other striker????

Lewis has shown that he can play with Hughes and Hughes named Lewis as his preferred partner, although I accept that Joe may not have been informed of that.

In his interview with Gordon on the OS, Joe says "we missed two open-goal headers". If Hughes was subbed for tactical reasons, then I find it impossible to understand on last night's showing why Joe preferred to keep Kabba on the pitch. If I had to put my money on any player in the squad scoring those headers, it would have had to be Hughes.

We could have had all three points last night and Joe admits his disappointment at only getting one. The chances were created late in the game, when Cheltenham defended too deeply, but only the most difficult one was taken.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10337,00.html

spot on Lags. 18 goals great but could have had a shed load more. IF he had signed his contract and looked a bit sharper would have been delighted but no one can play with him up front. Lewi came close but many have tried and failed.
alessandra is a joke!!!! about as much use as a hole in a bucket,

Guest sheridans_world
alessandra is a joke!!!! about as much use as a hole in a bucket,

Echo...

Thats why he scored a hat-trick against a team who is currently in the playoff's?