Hi all, I just wondered what everybody thought about Gregan at the minute?

At times he has no doubt been immense, but for the majority of this season for me he has looked past it and lethargic. The majority of supporters seem to notice his good points, and there is no doubt he saves us on many occasions. However they seem to fail to notice the equal (if not more) number of times he leaves us exposed at the back and likely to conceed.

This currently hasn't been helped by Rueben's recent loss of form, whereas previously he was adequately able to mop up any loose balls. I'd still (when match fit) prefer Stam.

Also as a captain I believe Sean seems to have a negative effect upon morale and fails to pick players up and instead puts them down. As has been mentioned a lot, looking around and blaming everybody else apart from himself when he's at fault.

I'd like to say thanks Sean for some good moments, but your time with us must come to and end

The thing is for the critisism he gets for giving players grief ive also noticed a fair few pats on backs and well dones going round. he was doing it with Hines when he first came, he did it with supple the other day v tranmere where to me Gregan was ackowledging he had made a mistake.

I agree he is arrogant the back heel to no one v tranmere was not good and he seems to have a habbit of playing hollywood balls when we are loosing.

At times when things aren't going well i get the impression that hes thinking im too good for this and his heads goes down.. But he has had some immense games this season Leeds both home and away spring to mind. He can be done for pace but so can most defenders in this league.

Hes a talker and shouter but thats what we need our lads are to quiet if they get upset because he gives them a rocket every now and again maybe they should think about another job. Yeah he blames other people for his mistakes a fair bit but hes not the only guilty of that in out team....

I think he has another season left in him

Also as a captain I believe Sean seems to have a negative effect upon morale and fails to pick players up and instead puts them down. As has been mentioned a lot, looking around and blaming everybody else apart from himself when he's at fault.

Somebody who works at the club told me not so long ago that people at the club much prefer it when Greegs plays.

They feel his confidence, determination and self belief rubs off on the other players.

I agree BlueHobbit that there are lots of advantages to having Gregan there, and at times his performances suggest that he would even now be capable of playing at a higher level. So much so that at times those around him aren't on the same wavelength.

However I do think that recently he has looked a lot weaker as a leader at the back, and despite successfully playing the killer pass from time to time, along with Rueben he is prown to playing the long ball. At times it's the best thing to do to clear our lines, and attacking wise if often pays off too. However they often do it when there are players nearby that are a better option, although admitadly our complete lack of a centre midfield could be an explanation for this.

I think that the stricter regime of Big Joe will definitely help Gregan play to his best (he even nearly scored last night) as under Sheridan the lazy side of Sean come to the fore, which coincided with his drop in form. Not helped by his court case of course.

Somebody who works at the club told me not so long ago that people at the club much prefer it when Greegs plays.

They feel his confidence, determination and self belief rubs off on the other players.

someone at the club told me the opposite. they are a fan of statistics though, so thats probably why.

wouldnt happen anyway. mars is way too scared to come anywhere near him! probably also why youre sauce gave you that information!

i think the majority of the time he generally plays well....seems to be if he has a mare the team does,fantastic header of a ball and still has his positional sense,just getting a little slower and if he comes up against a quick forward who plays off the shoulder he gets beat time and time again,as we have seen.

would joe give him another contract???? or would he prefer to bring in someone younger in the trottman mould.

I think he has another season left in him

Only if we stay in League 1 !!!!!!!!!!

Id like to think that we have a chance of going up but its a tall order now and the teams at the top seem to be picking up points consistantly so league 1 will b our home next season