Players come and go

so hughes has gone, another player leaves the club and a large portion of fans are up in arms about it.

threatening to not come back to boundary park because of it.

for the lucky ones who got to see the glory days will know better than most, top players (our best players ever) leave the club for pastures new - WHY? because we where always a selling club , even then

those same lucky few (like me) will also know that the club was in decline for the best part of 15 years or more.

those not lucky enough to see the the premiership or wembley..well you knew what you where getting into when you started watching, a team that had been relegated twice in three years or a team that showed no sign of getting out of this god forsaken league for what now seems like forever

players come and go, they owe the clubs they play for nothing, its the nature of the beast...they are not fans (chris taylor will leave us aswell when he grows up a little)

we are now IMO not a club in decline, we are on the rise, a slow rise, but rising none the less, this takes time and our best players will leave - but they will be replaced by "new heroes"

tta are doing a great job and if what they have done today goes towards keeping our club going and helps its costs and maybe helps us towards a push again next season (or this) , then great.

who do you support lee hughes?

i support oldham athletic, who will not go on loan or on a free transfer for more money. (i think ian stott tried at one point though :wink: )

im not saying im not upset hes gone but others will come and go aswell, some will be legends, some will be called legends but wont be and some will be like lee hughes (not one good full seasons worth of football out of him)

we where in the old 2nd division twice as long as we have been in this and the level of football is not much different now.

a lot on here thought the playoffs where done with weeks ago, some longer than that so why are you all up in arms about selling "an out of form billy big balls striker with an attitude who is having a bad influence on the team"

and for whats its worth on his lasher debut he will most likley sit on the bench , come on get booked and be suspended anyway.

KEEP THE FAITH - IN TTA AND BFJ WE TRUST

Quality post mate, totally agree.

David Shaw

Alan Young

Vic Halom

Simon Stainrod

Rodger Wylde

Mick Quinn

Ron Futcher

Frank Bunn

Andy Ritchie

Graeme Sharp

Ian Olney

Darren Beckford

Sean McCarthy

Luke Beckett

Chris Porter

And now Lee Hughes leaves, how will we cope?

Same as we have always done, bring in new strikers in the summer, oh and 8 of that list were signed by Joe Royle, some even moved on by him! No one player, manager or even MD are bigger than MY club.

All aboard the Orient express!

I had a dream last night that I was training for England with Paul Scholes and Darren Beckford.

Apparently Darren Beckford is the greatest player ever according to Scholes in my dream.

Maybe this is a sign of things to come...

Come on you bluuuuuuuuues!!!!

I had a dream last night that I was training for England with Paul Scholes and Darren Beckford.

Apparently Darren Beckford is the greatest player ever according to Scholes in my dream.

Maybe this is a sign of things to come...

Come on you bluuuuuuuuues!!!!

it must have been a dream, scholes isnt good enough for england anymore! :grin:

so hughes has gone, another player leaves the club and a large portion of fans are up in arms about it.

threatening to not come back to boundary park because of it.

for the lucky ones who got to see the glory days will know better than most, top players (our best players ever) leave the club for pastures new - WHY? because we where always a selling club , even then

those same lucky few (like me) will also know that the club was in decline for the best part of 15 years or more.

those not lucky enough to see the the premiership or wembley..well you knew what you where getting into when you started watching, a team that had been relegated twice in three years or a team that showed no sign of getting out of this god forsaken league for what now seems like forever

players come and go, they owe the clubs they play for nothing, its the nature of the beast...they are not fans (chris taylor will leave us aswell when he grows up a little)

we are now IMO not a club in decline, we are on the rise, a slow rise, but rising none the less, this takes time and our best players will leave - but they will be replaced by "new heroes"

tta are doing a great job and if what they have done today goes towards keeping our club going and helps its costs and maybe helps us towards a push again next season (or this) , then great.

who do you support lee hughes?

i support oldham athletic, who will not go on loan or on a free transfer for more money. (i think ian stott tried at one point though :wink: )

im not saying im not upset hes gone but others will come and go aswell, some will be legends, some will be called legends but wont be and some will be like lee hughes (not one good full seasons worth of football out of him)

we where in the old 2nd division twice as long as we have been in this and the level of football is not much different now.

a lot on here thought the playoffs where done with weeks ago, some longer than that so why are you all up in arms about selling "an out of form billy big balls striker with an attitude who is having a bad influence on the team"

and for whats its worth on his lasher debut he will most likley sit on the bench , come on get booked and be suspended anyway.

KEEP THE FAITH - IN TTA AND BFJ WE TRUST

I agree with your sentiments but the old 2nd Division was the equivalent of the Championship today, and the level (quality) of football was certainly much better than what we see today.

Also it worries me that many of those who threaten not to go to BP anymore live up to their threats, which is not encouraging for TTA.

I agree with your sentiments but the old 2nd Division was the equivalent of the Championship today, and the level (quality) of football was certainly much better than what we see today.

Also it worries me that many of those who threaten not to go to BP anymore live up to their threats, which is not encouraging for TTA.

i know the 2nd division is the equivalent of the championship but football has moved on so much since those days and we have not.

barring a few fantastic years the standard of football is not much different IMO

i also think most of the clubs in the top half of the championship at the moment would have survived in the first year the premiership was formed, if they had been there with us (hope that makes sense) that is not the case now (the majority come straight back)

my point is football has moved on so much that its like its moved on a whole division so yes we are playing "3rd division football" but our premiership team would struggle to get out off todays championship.

i know the 2nd division is the equivalent of the championship but football has moved on so much since those days and we have not.

barring a few fantastic years the standard of football is not much different IMO

i also think most of the clubs in the top half of the championship at the moment would have survived in the first year the premiership was formed, if they had been there with us (hope that makes sense) that is not the case now (the majority come straight back)

my point is football has moved on so much that its like its moved on a whole division so yes we are playing "3rd division football" but our premiership team would struggle to get out off todays championship.

I can remember making a vow never to go to BP again when Ken Knighton was sold to Preston. I was so incensed I even went to Old Trafford a couple of times. Didnt sit well with me and I never carried out my vow. On the Ken Knighton thing he was a full back from Wolves with blond hair....nothing world beating. Then after a disastrous start to a season 1 win in about 10 I think he was switched to midfield where he was awesome and had a 35 yard free kick in his locker......... switching blond ex Wolves fullbacks to midfield ? Would it work again ?