reading his interview with lw and he says whether hes here for 7 games,,7 weeks or 7 years he has to do what he sees fit.......sounds like the decision might not be his at end of season....come on tta get that contract out and get him sighned,,,if other clubs get a whiff hes out looking to get back back into the game full time,,other options might be available to him.

I agree Wakefield - Get him to contract for 2/3 years... Ive said it a trillybillion times in other posts there is no man with better credentials or with a better affinity to this club than the big man himself.

I am sure SC and AH are talking to him already and making plans for next season.

Joe Royal - Oldham - Good times to come - I think so!!!

many lower league clubs will be looking at themselves now and thinking if only we had a manager with 20 odd years experience,,,won major cups,,,managed at prem level...ability to be shrewd in transfer market,,,ability to bring on youngsters and get more out of season pros,,,and still be hungry for success,,,,if only,,,,,,,oh look joe royle is a free agent get his monica

Godd just the thought of that makes my tummy turn > I really hope that theres enough emails sent to the club to put pressure on the board to ensure we get him to stay !

Keeping Joe is more important than signing new players in the summer - He turns nothings into somethings

Godd just the thought of that makes my tummy turn > I really hope that theres enough emails sent to the club to put pressure on the board to ensure we get him to stay !

Keeping Joe is more important than signing new players in the summer - He turns nothings into somethings

is black gang chime still there or has it swept out to sea

many lower league clubs will be looking at themselves now and thinking if only we had a manager with 20 odd years experience,,,won major cups,,,managed at prem level...ability to be shrewd in transfer market,,,ability to bring on youngsters and get more out of season pros,,,and still be hungry for success,,,,if only,,,,,,,oh look joe royle is a free agent get his monica

You should tell Huddersfield that.

reading his interview with lw and he says whether hes here for 7 games,,7 weeks or 7 years he has to do what he sees fit.......sounds like the decision might not be his at end of season....come on tta get that contract out and get him sighned,,,if other clubs get a whiff hes out looking to get back back into the game full time,,other options might be available to him.

Unless it was a premier league club can't see anybody tempting him away this time.

Joe wouldn't go to another championship club or league one even if they offered double.

Money is not his god and the challenge of getting latics back to the next level up far outweighs any cash offers from others.

lets not get carried away eh!!

Its not that I dont think Royle is the man to do a good job, its more I would hate to see what happens when he doesnt do as well as everyone is saying he is going to do. His reputation will be tarnished and he will be hounded out like the rest of our recent managers. And for those who think it cant turn sour. Look at Brighton and Micky Adams this season.

If you were around at the time Wozz u will know that if he dont start the season on a roll the fans WONT turn on him...only the young ones who havent a clue will ... I do get fed up of the freaking gloom merchants who are so negative and yet do not come up with plausable reasons why JR shouldnt be successful or who the alternative in his place should be

If you were around at the time Wozz u will know that if he dont start the season on a roll the fans WONT turn on him...only the young ones who havent a clue will ... I do get fed up of the freaking gloom merchants who are so negative and yet do not come up with plausable reasons why JR shouldnt be successful or who the alternative in his place should be

haha i love your assumptions here. I was around for the last bit of JRs last stint as manager. And I am anything but a doom and gloom merchant. I said in my previous post, that I think JR could do a good job and if he stays good luck to him

I was simply airing a word of caution. A lot of the older fans are getting far to carried away by the nostalgia. Jesus, Royle even said it was all over the top himself. His past does not guarantee he is going to perfrom miracles now. Ill say it again, if he stays in charge and doesnt deliver then it will be ashame to tarnish his reputation here. I also gave a good example from our very own division this season where a legend coming back has backfired, and ultimately nearly led to the side getting relegated.

You ask for a plausable reason why he wont be successful, erm let me think this is football, nothing is guaranteed! You ask for alternatives. I dont know maybe Gannon or one of the other local managers who is doing well at the moment.

Lets just see what happens in the summer!

Edited by wozz_oafc

The gloom tag wasnt directed at you Wozz ...and I take on board your comments mate ...it was more directed at another poster who seems to always assume the worst ... After the sport page they probably go to the Obituary page ...Just to make sure they are alive today :)

I think I know who you mean :) Fingers crossed JR can get his first win on the board today!

Edited by wozz_oafc

haha i love your assumptions here. I was around for the last bit of JRs last stint as manager. And I am anything but a doom and gloom merchant. I said in my previous post, that I think JR could do a good job and if he stays good luck to him

I was simply airing a word of caution. A lot of the older fans are getting far to carried away by the nostalgia. Jesus, Royle even said it was all over the top himself. His past does not guarantee he is going to perfrom miracles now. Ill say it again, if he stays in charge and doesnt deliver then it will be ashame to tarnish his reputation here. I also gave a good example from our very own division this season where a legend coming back has backfired, and ultimately nearly led to the side getting relegated.

You ask for a plausable reason why he wont be successful, erm let me think this is football, nothing is guaranteed! You ask for alternatives. I dont know maybe Gannon or one of the other local managers who is doing well at the moment.

Lets just see what happens in the summer!

Regardless of what some might think, this is exactly my line of thinking.

The gloom tag wasnt directed at you Wozz ...and I take on board your comments mate ...it was more directed at another poster who seems to always assume the worst ... After the sport page they probably go to the Obituary page ...Just to make sure they are alive today :)

One mans doom monger is another mans realist.

we are looking for a manager that fits all the criteria that i made on an earlier post....thats why u cant look no further than joe royle....hes bin there,,done it...and not only with oldham.

Agreed . There are some who prefer to look for any sliver of negativity - and who dress up the lack of certainty (and there isn't any in football) as a reason for not backing a reasonable decision to go in a particular direction.