We need to bring in quality from Non League

Just to remind people, our best goal scorer in ages came from Bury! jail We paid £150,000 for him! Had we moved quick enough we could have snapped up Andy Bishop for that price early January.

Although let's not forget that he is scum of the earth and good riddance to him etc etc :wink:

It not just Non-League we don't appear to scout - other rivals sign from the Eircom League of Ireland to good effect, the Scottish Prem League & Div 1 & in some cases the leagues of Europe too (France / Spain et all)

Our scouting of fresh talent over the last 3-4 years has been awful - and i posted a while back that we should look to expand the net to cover different leagues.

In terms of the non-league stuff; Ernie, Fitz & Wayno all got plucked from non-league by Bob Dowie for his brother - and we all know how they worked out for us as players......

There is plenty of untapped talent out there; its just a tricky job to firstly find, then sign it.

But here's the BUT; if we were to sign 2 or 3 young up & comers from the lower leagues; how much time would they get here at BP to develop & learn their trade before they get chastised with abuse the likes of Eardley has to put up with from our moaronic 'fans'. It's all very well crying out for fresh young talent; it's a completely different animal when that said young talent gets onto the pitch & miss-place a pass......

They'll be a massive overhaul of the playing staff this summer & unfortunately i feel a reduction of quality too; budgets won't allow us to spunk away money on potential anymore - i predict free transfers for the 30+ years of age L1 / Championship-Ressies journey men; & lots of them too.

Squad dessimated again, time required for the team to gell, out of the running before Xmas - same old really!!!!!!!

The joy of Latics sometimes eh? Anyhow - gues its the usual obligratory KTF to sign off with huh? So, KTF!!!!

It not just Non-League we don't appear to scout - other rivals sign from the Eircom League of Ireland to good effect, the Scottish Prem League & Div 1 & in some cases the leagues of Europe too (France / Spain et all)

Our scouting of fresh talent over the last 3-4 years has been awful - and i posted a while back that we should look to expand the net to cover different leagues.

In terms of the non-league stuff; Ernie, Fitz & Wayno all got plucked from non-league by Bob Dowie for his brother - and we all know how they worked out for us as players......

There is plenty of untapped talent out there; its just a tricky job to firstly find, then sign it.

But here's the BUT; if we were to sign 2 or 3 young up & comers from the lower leagues; how much time would they get here at BP to develop & learn their trade before they get chastised with abuse the likes of Eardley has to put up with from our moaronic 'fans'. It's all very well crying out for fresh young talent; it's a completely different animal when that said young talent gets onto the pitch & miss-place a pass......

They'll be a massive overhaul of the playing staff this summer & unfortunately i feel a reduction of quality too; budgets won't allow us to spunk away money on potential anymore - i predict free transfers for the 30+ years of age L1 / Championship-Ressies journey men; & lots of them too.

Squad dessimated again, time required for the team to gell, out of the running before Xmas - same old really!!!!!!!

The joy of Latics sometimes eh? Anyhow - gues its the usual obligratory KTF to sign off with huh? So, KTF!!!!

2 to 3 matches tops.

I went to watch Droylsden play Kings Lynn last night and was treated to a wonderful display of skick passing football from the Bloods.

Several of the younger players could easily play at league level with big cultured centre back Mike Byron, maruauding full back Liam Brownhill, skilful midfielder Alex Brown and pacy non stop striker Jake Speight particularly catching my eye.

I suggest Latics send a scout to Butchers Arms on Saturday when Droylsden are at home to Solihull.