Parking income

I've often wondered why the hospital shuts its gates (by the B&Q) on matchdays as it might give them the odd bit of income as they may get one or two fans parking there (especially if those fans have parking permits :grin:). For me parking at NHS hospitals is something the government needs to look at as it is very expensive for visitors as well as staff (although I stopped parking in a hospital car park a while ago). I'm fairly certain a lot of the profit goes to the car park companies who know they can virtually charge what they like due to the cicrumstances surrounding hospitals. I'm also slightly surprised the club has taken this long to realise its got a big car park lying empty for all but 23 days of the year within walking distance of a hospital with more staff than it has room for in its car parks, sometimes I wonder about the so called great business men running the club.

The Chron has some details of the money TTA said would be coming in from a deal to provide parking for the hospital Apparently £108,000 per year.

Well done , a nice income stream that will help cushion us.

Boundary Park- ing

I wonder how they reached an odd figure like £108,000. Who will be paying for the lighting and what happens on match days?

I've often wondered why the hospital shuts its gates (by the B&Q) on matchdays as it might give them the odd bit of income as they may get one or two fans parking there (especially if those fans have parking permits :grin:). For me parking at NHS hospitals is something the government needs to look at as it is very expensive for visitors as well as staff (although I stopped parking in a hospital car park a while ago). I'm fairly certain a lot of the profit goes to the car park companies who know they can virtually charge what they like due to the cicrumstances surrounding hospitals. I'm also slightly surprised the club has taken this long to realise its got a big car park lying empty for all but 23 days of the year within walking distance of a hospital with more staff than it has room for in its car parks, sometimes I wonder about the so called great business men running the club.

A lot goes on behind the scenes that most supporters don't realise. Your above statement is actually incorrect, as on the 1st dayTTA took over the club, they bought a little wooden hut from B&Q and set it up at the top of the car park charging a fee. By 10.00 am they were in profit.

The hospital are the ones who have been slow to capitalise. They have been charging staff their permit fee to park in the hospital grounds, causing their car parks to be full and therefore losing income. This new arrangement means that hospital grounds car parks will have more spaces available for the public to rent, whilst the permit holders income rents the additional land at basically nil cost and therefore generates more funds. OAFC meanwhile get a guaranteed 6 figure sum for each of the next 5 years.

Cheers,

Harry