England

2-1 was a fair result for my money. They were never in it. We looked off the boil in the second half but over 90minutes deserved the three points.

Points of interest:

1. Peter Crouch is the most underrated player in football.

2. David James gives me panic attacks! My confidence in him couldn't be lower. That shot lept up a bit off the pitch (see 3.) but there's no excuse. His kicking was gash.

3. I'm still ashamed of the pitch. Somewhere, at least a year ago now, I talked about how shockingly bad that pitch was and it still cuts itself quicker than a teenage goth.

4. Ashley Cole is the single worst player I have ever seen. He was awful. Gave the ball away leading to their freekick/goal and at least 20 times before/after that. Awful. Awful. Awful. -1

Overall a decent night. Good result for both Irelands and Scotland too. I see Poland managed to scrape past San Marino too! :lol:

1. Peter Crouch is the most underrated player in football. - Agreed, best player on the night

2. David James gives me panic attacks! My confidence in him couldn't be lower. That shot lept up a bit off the pitch (see 3.) but there's no excuse. His kicking was gash. - Agreed

3. I'm still ashamed of the pitch. Somewhere, at least a year ago now, I talked about how shockingly bad that pitch was and it still cuts itself quicker than a teenage goth. - Amazing stadium though, still haven’t been (wont be going this summer either now :( )

4. Ashley Cole is the single worst player I have ever seen. He was awful. Gave the ball away leading to their freekick/goal and at least 20 times before/after that. Awful. Awful. Awful. -1 - I detest him as a person and player

Good job I follow Holland

James by far didn't have the best of games but he did his job however he did it! Not much he could have done with Shevchenko's thunderbolt. There isn't anyone else to play there at the moment though, James is the best of an average bunch currently

Ashley Cole had a mare with some of his lax passing. Johnson for me needs to improve as well. Terry and Ferdinand were class at the back.

Arron Lennon must be the most overrated footballer, you want to know why he got taken off? Because for all his pace and skill how many decent balls did he put in for England to attack? Yeah I can't think of any either. Beckham comes on and delivers a quality ball from which we scored our second from. The sooner Walcott is fully fit the better.

Thought Lampard had a fantastic game, doing a job for the team and doing it very well. Crouch bangs a goal as usual.

Rooney was awesome last night, his temper is never going to be tamed but he was everywhere. A very special player, can't believe that was his 50th cap already!

We played with confidence and ability, Ukraine hardly had a sniff and we dominated for large spells, we even got the winner at the end after their fortunate goal.

South Africa is a step closer..