owtb sub forum

seems sad and petty to me to delete all posts and such like just because another site - which can house perminent records of results and photos, etc (which this site never has) - becomes active.

does the club know a much used forum has been dumped i wonder?

Guest oa_exile
Politics.

...or maybe "The dawning of yet another era for OWTB" :wink:

My question is,why has a football team supported by the Club in sponsorship been seemingly forced from the OWTB network ?

seems sad and petty to me to delete all posts and such like just because another site - which can house perminent records of results and photos, etc (which this site never has) - becomes active.

does the club know a much used forum has been dumped i wonder?

And therein lies the problem. It's too easy to manipulate posts on this forum by the admin.... Hey ho, guess we'll leave the BIG boys to play with their toys..... :grin:

And to quote it in FULL rather than a couple of lines Rummy, nowt to hide... (along with various other posts and threads before which have now been deleted!)

Call for all players to sign up for the http: //www.freewebs.com/latics-fans-team/

Matches from now on will be arranged on the new site (any after 4/4/09), and you will not be able to sign up for games on here.

There's a members only forum for announcing and signing up for games, discussing formations / tactics / the opposition, and also arranging lifts.

The site also has pictures from games we've played so far, and loads of information about players and fixtures. There are also a few links relevant to the team. - Addendum- including a link to this site and the official site.

It's a site we want players to contribute to, sending pictures, match reports, suggestions, and anything else team-related.

You can still find information about games / scores, etc on here, but matches won't be arranged on here.

Please get everyone else who plays to sign up, including ones who don't post on here (including Ste and Kempy wink.gif) or new players who might be interested in joining in the fun grin.gif - I can send match info out to everyone at once that way, rather than sending a million texts / PMs, messages on Facebook (which I really don't have time to keep doing while I'm at work).

The idea was for the new site to be supplementary to make things a bit easier for everyone. Something so that oppo can't see- tactics etc.

I'd have thought that an official message board might have gone about ousting 'unwanted' posters in a more mature way. Although I do admit that changing 2 links - one to a match venue (removed), and one to an alternative team site (changed to an unrelated youtube video) were mightily amusing and highly evolved. I'm sure the club would be proud.