Cap doffed to the Hatters

Luton Town Football Club 2020 took over the club in 2008, and faced the brunt of what the former owners, Jayten, had done. Due to financial irregularities, Luton were docked 10 points for the 2008-09- and then 20 points by the Football League for exiting administration without a Company Voluntary Arrangement..

Mick Harford built a new squad from scratch and he has coached and coaxed them to face mountainous odds all season. Today he saw his team beat Scunthorpe to win the Football League Trophy at Wembley, in front of about 40,000 Hatters’ fans.

Football League Chairman Lord Mawhinney was introduced to those fans today and they vented their spleen against him in a fully-justified tirade of abuse.

LTFC still has a chance of beating te drop to the Conference and if that happens MIck Harford must be voted Manager of the Season..

Agree with both of you, well done to Luton. Very frustating for us, that we've not managed to get to the final of this competition after all the time we've spent in this division.

just a mention, kevin nicholls, looks to be a fantastic captain for them...straight to the fans at the final whistle and a very good interview at the end..top man

Very frustating for us, that we've not managed to get to the final of this competition after all the time we've spent in this division.

Regardless of this particular competition, it's very frustratiig that our players have shown only about 1% of the balls demonstrated by Luton all season against almost impossible odds.

Regardless of this particular competition, it's very frustratiig that our players have shown only about 1% of the balls demonstrated by Luton all season against almost impossible odds.

well im sure if we started with minus 30, you may think we played with more balls

as it is, we didnt we started in a higher division on 0.

i read alot of your posts with interest diego but i think that the comparision in last one is just rubbish

well im sure if we started with minus 30, you may think we played with more balls

as it is, we didnt we started in a higher division on 0.

i read alot of your posts with interest diego but i think that the comparision in last one is just rubbish

Perhaps I should explain my point.

If we had started with minus 30 points with the same set-up as this season, the current players would have thrown in the towel in August. My point is that it takes a special sort of management team to motivate a squad starting with what everyone considered to be a lost cause. It also takes a special squad to give it a real go. Our management has failed to motivate a squad well-placed for automatic promotion in more than one season. I still consider the players have let everyone down.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

If we had stated with minus 30 points with the same set-up as this season, the current players would have thrown in the towel in August. My point is that it takes a special sort of management team to motivate a squad starting with what everyone considered to be a lost cause. It also takes a special squad to give a real go. Our management has failed to motivate a squad well-placed for automatic promotion in more than one season. I still consider the players have let everyone down.

I agree with all of that D_S

If we had stated with minus 30 points with the same set-up as this season, the current players would have thrown in the towel in August. My point is that it takes a special sort of management team to motivate a squad starting with what everyone considered to be a lost cause. It also takes a special squad to give a real go. Our management has failed to motivate a squad well-placed for automatic promotion in more than one season. I still consider the players have let everyone down.

Disagree. The four sides who have started the season on points deductions have all come out flying. Luton, Bournemouth, Rotherham, Leeds. They don't all have 'special sorts of management teams'...they're riled up...it's them against the world. It's no coincidence that they've all fought hard in the face of adversity...being docked points and facing 'injustice' is possibly the biggest kick up the backsides sides get.

Remember Latics at Posh earlier in the season, when we'd been done over by the ref...three times. The reaction was not one created by the management, but the players who felt aggrieved at the unfair situation they found themselves in.

Hell hath no fury than a football team scorned!

i take it that you belive we would be the exception to the rule then

i mean, out of all the teams that have been docked points because of administration, how many have thrown in the towel until it was impossible for them to change things?

the circumstances you are comparing are totally different worlds.

teams have been relegated over a season due to this rule and unfortunatley luton most likley will aswell.

the mindsets are different, 1 thinks the worlds against them the other just lacks composure (or enough ability) to finish the job.

IMO the comparison cant/shouldnt be made

the mindsets are different, 1 thinks the worlds against them the other just lacks composure (or enough ability) to finish the job.

IMO the comparison cant/shouldnt be made

Five wins in 23 games is not lacking composure ,and the players proved in the first half of the seasomn that they have the ability. That's what makes it so galling that they have underperformed so consistently.

It's beyond my wildest imagination to be convinced that this squad would have finished the job off if they thought the world was against them.