Credit where it's due to OAFC

I think the award of £48,000 to OAFC for its community activities deserves a round of :applause1:.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1614684,00.html

My 88 year-old mother-in-law benefitted recently from OAFC's commuity activities in the form of a five-week exercise course performed by representatives of the Club using a Nintendo Wii at her sheltered accommodation.. This sort of thing gets the Club well thought of in parts of the community where football is never mentioned.

I think the award of £48,000 to OAFC for its community activities deserves a round of :applause1:.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1614684,00.html

My 88 year-old mother-in-law benefitted recently from OAFC's commuity activities in the form of a five-week exercise course performed by representatives of the Club using a Nintendo Wii at her sheltered accommodation.. This sort of thing gets the Club well thought of in parts of the community where football is never mentioned.

I think it is very admirable and well done on the club getting the reward.

I hope you don;t mind me saying Diego the image you created of your mother in law made me chuckle.

I had a vision of Chaddy in a lounge with an elderly woman excercising. Chaddy was obviosuly in full reglalia!!

Of course, I am not denigrating any of the work done, just a funny image!

I think it is very admirable and well done on the club getting the reward.

I hope you don;t mind me saying Diego the image you created of your mother in law made me chuckle.

I had a vision of Chaddy in a lounge with an elderly woman excercising. Chaddy was obviosuly in full reglalia!!

Of course, I am not denigrating any of the work done, just a funny image!

No offence taken but what's Chaddy got to do with this?

When I told my mother-in-law that Taylor and Smalley were at the carvery in the Chadderton Pak Inn, she wondered if they were the two who had taken her exercise class. :lol:

No offence taken but what's Chaddy got to do with this?

When I told my mother-in-law that Taylor and Smalley were at the carvery in the Chadderton Pak Inn, she wondered if they were the two who had taken her exercise class. :lol:

None taken, and none intended from me

It was this bit by representatives of the Club so I thought , with a bit of artistic liceence, who could that be!

Edited by singe

<Just popping out to see how many old ladies life in sheltered accommodation in Oldham area>

Just got back. Cannot find how many old ladies in sheltered accommodation that own a Wii.

But I have found out there were over 12,000 ladies over 60 in Oldham at the last census.

Now that is a target market.

We could build sheltered accommodation at the old Ford stand, then Chaddy would be on hand at any time...

A ready audience and fan club, and the squeals of delight would reverberate arund BP..

With big windows like the Luton ground, he could keep an eye o them during the match too.

Edited by singe

<Just popping out to see how many old ladies life in sheltered accommodation in Oldham area>

Over the last 30 years the average life expectancy for men has risen from 69 to 75, while for women it has risen from 76 to 80. The disparity must be something to do with the earlier retirement age for women. Within 20 years, it’s expected that one in four UK adults will be pensioners. In 2006 there was a record 1.2 million people aged over 85.

The Oldham area has its fair share of these with plenty of old ladies for Chaddy's demonstration purposes.

That's enough of my bumbling on. ;)

...I have found out there were over 12,000 ladies over 60 in Oldham at the last census.

Now that is a target market.

We could build sheltered accommodation ....

Jut think how many of those 12,000 ladies over 60 would love to have a ST for BP if only there was a concessionary price.

This sheltered accommodation could be the trigger for TTA to get the redevelopment moving. The Government provides housing associations with the funds, they provide the builders with the work and Bob's you uncle who comes over from Israel for the official opening of the new Main Stand.

The tenants would not be disturbed during the game, not like in the old days when the Chaddy could be heard beyond Featherstall Road.

I am now convinced we have solved the BP redevelopment crisis.

And moved on so much from the old blue cars on the touchline.

And gives a new meaning to word armchair supporter. Being able to watch the game from the comfort of your lounge...

I am now convinced we have solved the BP redevelopment crisis.

And moved on so much from the old blue cars on the touchline.

And gives a new meaning to word armchair supporter. Being able to watch the game from the comfort of your lounge...

....while carrying out exercises, demonstrated by Chaddy the Owl, taking advantage of the Club's community Wii loan scheme.