I've managed to see the grand total of two games this season; away at Orient and Monday's game vs Crewe. To all intents and purposes (apart from the fine detail of the scoreline!) they were identical.

Dominated the game for the first half but with absolutely no threat at all and no-one even vaguely resembling a striker on show. Then disappeared without trace for the second half with inevitable results.

Seems like a microcosm of the whole season

I've managed to see the grand total of two games this season; away at Orient and Monday's game vs Crewe. To all intents and purposes (apart from the fine detail of the scoreline!) they were identical.

Dominated the game for the first half but with absolutely no threat at all and no-one even vaguely resembling a striker on show. Then disappeared without trace for the second half with inevitable results.

Not quite Dave. In some games we dominated in the second half rather than the first.

Absolutely right about the absence of a striker - why JR did not look to bring one in when he arrived is baffling - maybe we had already given up by then... :blink:

Absolutely right about the absence of a striker - why JR did not look to bring one in when he arrived is baffling - maybe we had already given up by then... :blink:

Maybe? The moment Hughes went out on loan the club made a statement that the season was over from that point.

Being honest to me, even as a happy clapper, it seemed they were saying that all investment was to cease and that they'll :censored: this club off the moment they get the chance to get some return on what they've put in. Maybe, eventually out of this, we will get a team that crowds of 4,000 can pay for rather than ridiculous losses. Be it in Division 4/Non-league football.

Maybe? The moment Hughes went out on loan the club made a statement that the season was over from that point.

Being honest to me, even as a happy clapper, it seemed they were saying that all investment was to cease and that they'll :censored: this club off the moment they get the chance to get some return on what they've put in. Maybe, eventually out of this, we will get a team that crowds of 4,000 can pay for rather than ridiculous losses. Be it in Division 4/Non-league football.

Or the hughes statement was 'this seasons over - lets save as much cash on wages for next season'.